.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: NewBlood - EA blood themed game [ended] (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45848)

Samhain June 27th, 2010 08:53 PM

NewBlood - EA blood themed game [ended]

---==[New Blood]==---

The God of All died, and the world descended into a Dark Age of mythic creatures, demonic hordes, and macabre rites soaked in the blood of innocents. From the tumult, eight contenders emerged to vie for the vacant throne.

Game name:
New Blood

Game URL:
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=New_Blood

Era:
Early Age

Max Players:

Map:
Parganos (Llama's Fix) Deadsea, 8 fixed land starts

Map URL:
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=39857

Mods:
CBM 1.6
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43949

Diplomacy:
NAPs and the like are at your own risk.
All trading in gems, bloodslaves, gold, and magic items is forbidden.
No cheating. If you are not sure it is a cheat, ask.

Hosting:
24 hour quickhost to start. Increased by 8 hours every 8 turns after until the interval is set to 48 hours at turn 48. Extensions are welcome, staling is not.

Settings:
Score graphs on
Renaming on
Master password not set
VPs required for victory: 5
VPs in capitals
All other settings on default

Nations:
Code:

Abysia      = Samhain
Helheim      = buzzsaw      [out on turn 56]
Hinnom      = pyg          [out on turn 60]
Lanka        = Cosmonaut, turn 1 to 73; 13lackGu4rd, turn 75
Mictlan      = 13lackGu4rd  [out on turn 55]
Pangaea      = legolasjrt    [out on turn 32]
Sauromatia  = don_Pablo
Vanheim      = minko

Cosmonaut June 27th, 2010 10:19 PM

Re: NewBlood - EA blood themed game [Recruiting]

I've only played a few multiplayer games, and none with people on this forum, but I would like to join as Lanka, if you don't mind playing with a newb.

don_Pablo June 27th, 2010 10:49 PM

What about using End-Diversity mod?

Finalgenesis June 27th, 2010 11:59 PM

Lanka if that's okay.

Happy with CBM, neutral with EDM, happy with unhinged diplomacy (unenforced).

No trading of gold / gem / item understood, but how about vague things like province swap, services ...etc? I wouldn't mind unhinged trading either (full diplo).

13lackGu4rd June 28th, 2010 05:21 AM

I'll play Mictlan. btw, why is Marverni in this, they aren't a blood power, they can just blood sacrifice...

Digress June 28th, 2010 06:18 AM

Which is sometimes enough ...

and if the are lucky they might get a Bloodhenge Druid over the course of the game ... so if they take blood on their pretender they might have two blood mages at the SAME TIME.

13lackGu4rd June 28th, 2010 06:21 AM

ummm, anybody can take blood on their pretender if they want...? still doesn't make them a blood nation... and everyone can charm/enslave/etc a blood henge druid if you find a province with them, same goes for the circle masters, etc...

Gregstrom June 28th, 2010 06:34 AM

Digress is referring to their CBM multihero probably.

Finalgenesis June 28th, 2010 06:46 AM

Ah someone have taken Lanka already, apologies didn't see that.

As it happens I may not have time to handle 3 games with adequate forethought currently, so I will take this chance to bow out. Wish you all a good game!

Samhain June 28th, 2010 08:08 AM

Cosmonaut, Lanka is yours. I'm not terribly experienced myself. My intent here was to make a newbie friendly game but with all skill levels welcome. So, welcome aboard.

As for End Game Diversity mod, I like it myself. If there is more interest, I'd be happy to include it.

On Marverni, I was stretching the blood theme a bit to make 10 to work with the Primea map. As I agree is less thematic, I'll drop Marverni and change the map selection to Llama's deadseas version of Parganos with 8 starts.

Samhain June 28th, 2010 08:13 AM

Mictlan is reserved for 13lackGu4rd.

buzzsaw June 28th, 2010 08:20 AM

Put me down for Helheim. :cool:

13lackGu4rd June 28th, 2010 09:02 AM

minko from IRC wants to play Vanheim. for some reason he's having trouble getting his account up and running on these forums so I've posted for him...

legolasjrt June 28th, 2010 09:17 AM

I will used pangea???

pyg June 28th, 2010 09:54 AM

Ashdod, err Hinnom plz!

don_Pablo June 28th, 2010 10:08 AM

I'll take Sauromatia.
It seems to be still available.

Samhain June 28th, 2010 12:19 PM

All the slots are now filled. I picked Abysia. To give everyone plenty of time to plan their pretender, particularly for those of us playing a nation new to us, I don't plan to start until the evening of July 1st, EST.

The rules on trading have been clarified. Only trades of items like gems, bloodslaves, gold, and magic items is forbidden.

The URL on LlamaServer changed a bit. I thought deleting the server and recreating it would be more efficient. My bad.

Also, since there are only 8 of us, I reduced the necessary victory points to 5. As I am relatively inexperienced at configuring games, second guesses on the settings are welcome, at least at this stage.

Squirrelloid June 28th, 2010 04:07 PM

Re: NewBlood - EA blood themed game [send in pretenders]

You people are crazy. Marveni is totally a blood nation (when played right).

Blood + Death on pretender + blood multihero + vampire lord summons/Heliophagi/etc. (And Marveni's multihero always finds like 15 slaves when he searches, so he's a really good bloodhunter).

And yes, Marveni will get its pick of unique blood summons, because chances are it will out-research anyone else if it pushes blood.

Digress June 28th, 2010 06:34 PM

With Marveni you would have to be pretty brave (or slightly insane) to put your early research into blood ahead of the paths that make your druids so good.

Other nations here could focus their research in blood and be quite happy.

minko June 30th, 2010 03:40 AM

finally got my account approved so i can post.
a big ty to blackguard for posting for me!

Squirrelloid June 30th, 2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digress (Post 750317)
With Marveni you would have to be pretty brave (or slightly insane) to put your early research into blood ahead of the paths that make your druids so good.

Other nations here could focus their research in blood and be quite happy.

You can do that research too. I don't think you understand how fast Marveni's research can spike.

Samhain July 1st, 2010 08:19 PM

All pretenders are in, so game on.

Good luck and have fun!

13lackGu4rd July 12th, 2010 05:49 PM

Re: NewBlood - EA blood themed game [running]

going out of town tomorrow, until the weekend than again next week. got my current turn in but I'd need an extension for next turn until Thursday or Friday night than I'll try to do as many turns as I can during the weekend and leave again on Sunday, until next Thursday or Friday.

sorry for these delays :( oh and before you guys ask, no I won't have internet access, nor a lab top for that matter, so I won't be able to do my turns while I'm away.

Samhain July 12th, 2010 08:48 PM

It must be that real life thing I keep hearing about. Anyway, the hosting interval has been changed to 168 hours. I'll change it back when everyone is more or less situated again.

At least we shouldn't have any more stales for the next few turns.

Samhain July 16th, 2010 10:48 PM

The hosting interval is set to 24 hours. It will be set back to 168 hours on Sunday.

13lackGu4rd July 17th, 2010 05:26 PM

going away again tomorrow so yeah, got my current turn in and I will be back thursday/friday so an extension until saturday(if I will be able to do my turn earlier I will) would be great ;)

Samhain July 17th, 2010 09:25 PM

I set the hosting interval back to 168 hours.

13lackGu4rd, if you could get the current turn in before you go, I am sure I am not the only one who would appreciate it. Pyg, for one, must be sitting on the edge of his seat. And, have a safe trip.

Samhain July 24th, 2010 03:26 PM

The hosting interval is again set to 24 hours. It will take effect when the next turn is released.

minko July 26th, 2010 09:58 AM

Hey! I'd like a delay on the hosting interval till wednesday (or better yet thursday if theres no rush) if it's not a problem. My comp was acting up so it's getting repaired atm.

Thanks in advance

Samhain July 26th, 2010 10:28 PM

Hosting of the current turn was postponed by 48 hours.

Samhain July 29th, 2010 12:16 PM

The hosting interval is now set at 48 hours. I have to do some traveling this weekend. Once I am back, I will set the interval to 32 hours.

Samhain August 2nd, 2010 09:37 PM

I am back to a normal schedule. Hosting interval is set to 32 hours with reminder emails configured to go 8 hours prior.

Samhain August 7th, 2010 01:38 PM

Hosting interval is now set to 40 hours. If you happened to speak Samhain-ese, you were expecting this.

Likewise, the reminder emails will be sent 10 hours prior to the end of the turn.

And, Pangea is now out. Well done, legolasjrt. That was a tough starting location and a challenging nation choice for this game.

minko August 12th, 2010 06:28 AM

Could i please get a delay on the hosting interval for another 36 hours? I'm prolly gonna be out of town. Thanks in advance and sorry!

Samhain August 13th, 2010 12:22 AM

No problem. I've got a long day tomorrow of both working and flying myself. Hosting is postponed for 36 hours.

Samhain August 20th, 2010 04:46 PM

The hosting interval has been set to 48 hours. Reminders will be sent 12 hours prior.

Samhain September 4th, 2010 01:01 PM

Lanka has staled three of the last four turns. The game is on hold until I find out what's going on with Cosmonaut.

Samhain September 5th, 2010 09:53 PM

Cosmonaut has assured me that the situation that caused the stales was temporary and in the past. The game will recommence once everyone gets their current turn in.

13lackGu4rd September 15th, 2010 03:47 PM

well, I've got nothing left but for some reason you guys refuse to finish me off, no money, no troops nor commanders beyond a useless priest and some militias from an event, and obviously no more forts. so I've just turned myself AI and let you guys do it on your own free time...

have fun you guys, I'm out.

Samhain September 15th, 2010 09:17 PM

Gee, I kind of found that Mictlan banner a comfort to have on my border these last few turns.

Anyway, thanks for playing, 13lackGu4rd.

buzzsaw September 15th, 2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13lackGu4rd (Post 758165)
well, I've got nothing left but for some reason you guys refuse to finish me off, no money, no troops nor commanders beyond a useless priest and some militias from an event, and obviously no more forts.

Man, that sounds familiar. :smirk:

buzzsaw September 17th, 2010 09:55 PM

I went AI. My little island can't hold out much longer, and that is all I have left. Thanks for a good game! :D

Samhain September 19th, 2010 10:11 PM

Thanks for playing, buzzsaw. I especially appreciate you staying in the game so long after losing your capital. That was above and beyond expectation.

Samhain September 20th, 2010 10:20 PM

I'm busy enough in my personal life that I would not mind permanently increasing the hosting interval from 48 to 72 hours. I suspect that I am not the only one who would appreciate the flexibility this would give in managing their time, but would like some feedback from the remaining players before doing so as my original post for this game listed a maximum hosting interval of 48 hours.

don_Pablo September 20th, 2010 10:56 PM

I'm for 72h too.

Samhain September 22nd, 2010 08:07 PM

Well, it seems those of us who want to extend to 72 hours are in the minority, and without at least a majority consent I don't want to change the original agreement. So, status quo is maintained.

don_Pablo October 29th, 2010 12:29 PM

Witch kings feel hurt by Astral Corruption.
That's why we have to cancel our peace with Abysia and declare a war.

(The first attacks supposed to land on trn №81)

Samhain October 29th, 2010 08:51 PM

The game is on hold until the situation with Lanka is resolved.

Samhain October 31st, 2010 12:56 PM

Re: NewBlood - EA blood themed game [on hold]

We have lost contact with our Lanka player and are in need of a permanent sub. Eight nations started, four remain. Winner is the first nation to take five capitals. Currently, we are in a four way tie with two caps each.

Stats are here: http://www.llamaserver.net/showScore...game=New_Blood

Abysia and Vanheim are at war. Sauromatia just finished off Hinnom. If Lanka has been up to much over the past 30 or 40 turns, I haven't seen much evidence of it.

Our hosting interval is 48 hours. PM me if you are interested.

Samhain October 31st, 2010 06:19 PM

A sub has been found. 13lackGu4rd will come back in to take over Lanka.

Thanks, 13lackGu4rd!