.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Huh ? Horror Mark targetting ? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48557)

Ragnarok-X March 20th, 2012 06:47 PM

Huh ? Horror Mark targetting ?

Im kinda puzzled here. Huge fortress battle, i got 200 size 2 guys and a mother of nature god.
Defender has a bunch of lizards and a half a douzen abyssian demonbreds. Breds are apparently scripted to 5x Horror Mark.
Now, i would except the Breds to randomly hand out horror marks. Instead, what happens is that for 5 rounds, all demonbreds horrormark the mother of nature ?
wtf ?

thejeff March 20th, 2012 07:08 PM

Re: Huh ? Horror Mark targetting ?

Most single target spells prefer to target the largest (size & hp) enemy.

Probably good strategy, in this case. Horror marking won't win the battle, unless you're also spamming horrors. A bunch of single horror marked troops aren't really a big deal. A single heavily marked god is probably permanently dead very shortly.

Bwaha March 20th, 2012 11:16 PM

Just gotta love horror mark followed by Hell Power...

:mean:

It's just so wrong...

:eek:

don_Pablo March 21st, 2012 08:25 AM

There were no demonbreds, just lizard-shamans and some mercenaries.
Shaman's script: slave, horror mark x 4

Most spells with AoE 1 person tend to hit the largest creature (your pretender). And heavily horror-marked pretender is doomed to meet Doom-horrors. :)

I have a game where my God is constantly duelling Eater of Heroes.

Knai March 21st, 2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by don_Pablo (Post 799180)
I have a game where my God is constantly duelling Eater of Heroes.

Are you implying that your god usually wins these duels? Because that is impressive.

NTJedi March 23rd, 2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragnarok-X (Post 799137)
Im kinda puzzled here. Huge fortress battle, i got 200 size 2 guys and a mother of nature god.
Defender has a bunch of lizards and a half a douzen abyssian demonbreds. Breds are apparently scripted to 5x Horror Mark.
Now, i would except the Breds to randomly hand out horror marks. Instead, what happens is that for 5 rounds, all demonbreds horrormark the mother of nature ?
wtf ?

Largest size creatures are always targeted on the battlefield. If you want to help protect her from horrormarks then walk into battle with LOTS of size6 creatures... like elephants.

Ragnarok-X March 25th, 2012 04:28 PM

Apparently its no big deal. I cant see how many of those markings actually hit her, but after 3 turns i got not a single horror attack, which leads me to believe that despite 25 attacks only 1 or 2 got through ?

Shardphoenix March 25th, 2012 04:37 PM

Every single one got through. It`s just that chance of attack is like 1% per mark.

Ragnarok-X March 28th, 2012 04:12 PM

How would you know how many pierced the mothers MR ?

Shardphoenix March 28th, 2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

How would you know how many pierced the mothers MR?
Horror marks are not resisted by MR.