.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong's Head Cantina - After Hours (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=6576)

David E. Gervais April 13th, 2003 02:06 PM

Re: Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong\'s Head Cantina - After Hours

OT: btw Taz, did you know I created an alternate avatar for you? It's posted in my avatar thread!

Supercalafragilistiexpiallidoscious! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

dogscoff April 14th, 2003 05:10 PM

Crazy dogscoff belches magically and is instantly transformed into a dung-beetle, and hastily eats himself an escape route through the poo, away from the weight. Once free, the insect performs a mystical little dance and crazy dogscoff is turned back into himself- albeit a skinny, even wilder-eyed Version of himself with a shaggy, 5 foot long beard and a pair of chipped and dented antlers fixed to his head. He is also completely naked, the only things he could be said to be wearing are a collection of twigs in his dirty hair and an old pendant on a tatty bit of string around his neck. Only Primitive (who knows a lot about runes) and mlmbd (who has a GNVQ in shamanistic rituals) recognise the rune of chaos inscribed on the pendant.

Crazy dogscoff does another little dance, kind of like a sailor's jig, and all eyes turn to the poo-pile. After a few moments, a small tobacco pipe emerges from beneath the surface, searching periscope-like for the can of spinach floating nearby. It finds the tin, burns it open cartoon-style and then sucks the iron-rich contents out.

There is a faint rumbling. The poo-pile quivers, and then explodes in all directions, showering everyone for miles around in foul-smelling crap. Powerman's ship takes a hefty dollop up the exhaust port and crashes to the ground in a very stinky explosion. Taz unzips his brown fur suit (now covered in brown poo) and steps out of it, this time wearing clean but bright orange fur.

Meanwhile, at the epicentre of the excremental explosion can be seen a huge, towering, muscle-flexing buffalo with a pipe, sailor's hat and anchor tattoo. Crazy Dogscoff jumps up and down in the freshly-redistributed poo, clapping with glee at this new mischief.

The vegetable-enhanced ungulate snorts angrily and goes on the rampage, impaling and trampling various people at random, while crazy dogscoff performs another of his magical dances, this one resulting in a torrent of beer and drunk frogs falling from the sky. As the sticky, croaky rain falls and the beserk bufallo chases David Gervais around in circles, crazy dogscoff goes to the crash site to find Powerman. He pulls a dazed PM from the wreckage, and immediately gives him mouth to mouth resuscitation. Shame he forgot to clean his teeth after the dung-beetle transformation...

[ April 14, 2003, 16:17: Message edited by: dogscoff ]

Power Man April 14th, 2003 08:39 PM

Power Man recovers and finds a skinny, wild-eyed dogscoff slobbering all over his faceplate. Looking at dogscoff's head he concludes that all those "promises of Sex" have really got him "HORNEY"

With a mighty heave of his power suit Power Man tosses dogscoff across the crater.
The tatty bit of string breaks. The old pendant flies off dogscoff's neck and with a small plop sinks into the Lake Of Poo.

Dogscoff lands with a thud! He feels weak and drained. (In the USA this week we would say he feels TAXED!)

Suddenly (almost as if a spell has been broken) the sticky, croaky rain stops falling.
The vegetable-enhanced ungulate snorts and stops his rampage.
The near-sighted buffalo Bull looks up and sees dogscoff with his antlers.
The beast thinks dogscoff is either a small skinny bull trying to "horn in" or an ugly cow getting "fresh" and charges at dogscoff.
Dogscoff, realizing he is about to be impaled (one way or another) does a little dance…. Nothing happens.
He gives a belch … Nothing happens.
The bull, now fully riled up by dogscoff's actions lets out a bellow and CHARGES!!

Dogscoff turns and with a comical feet spinning ZING takes off for the hills followed closely by the vegetable-enhanced ungulate.
The bull Caches up and with a "SNORT" pokes dogscoff in the rear. Dogscoff lets out a "OWW".
As the pair disappear in the distance we hear "SNORT", "OWW"….. "SNORT", "OWW'……

Well we all knew dogscoff's mischief would get him in the "end".

Power Man starts working on his ship. Who would have thought level 5 phase shields could be penetrated by Buffalo Poo!
He thinks, "I'll have to add in a new mod. Lets see I'll call it a Buffalo Poo Pelter (BPP). It will have to be an "Organic" weapon. Skips shields and armor. Damages engines. +30 chance to hit."
He shudders at the thought of the idea of the damage a level 5 Massive Mount BPP could do.

But then he realizes that "In space no one can Smell Your Streams" http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Growltigger April 14th, 2003 09:17 PM

Crikey, I go away for a mere matter of weeks and when I come back, I find you lot spraying cattle manure all round the cantina, revelling in it and throwing gobbetts of the stuff at each other....

like children in a mudpit.. I am truly shocked you mucky oiks..

Who is going to pay for the cleaning I ask you? answer me that!! I don't call that mature behaviour, mature behaviour I dont call that!

David E. Gervais April 14th, 2003 09:26 PM

Gt, I noticed tha downfall of the cantina during your absence but was powerless to stop the juvenile antics. I did my best to keep my hands clean, and did much more lurking than posting. The few Posts I made were tame comapred to the 'others'.

Well, Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back! (hmmm.. why does saying that three times make me think of music and school?)

Put your first drink on my tab! Cheers!

Raging Deadstar April 14th, 2003 09:45 PM

Throwing foul smelling slop around? Me?
*Hides his dirty hands behind his back*

I blame that Powerman! He is a rather troublesome person http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif Actually no, i blame Ragnarok, as usual...

Note: GT, the terrible things he has been abusing with your red hot poker cannon, but currently he is encased underground in wallpaper paste! But it's good to see the great Growltigger back, the place just hasn't been the same without you

Power Man April 14th, 2003 10:14 PM

OH NO HE's BACK !!!!!!

First off Growltigger , I thought this place was designed for "cartoon violence like fun."
You should be happy that we have kept the Posts coming and have not let the cantina slip into the back pages.
And it is Not mere cattle manure, it is "Barry POO" that is being spread about.

I have been acting very mature. (YES I HAVE !!!)

Its all Their (RD and Rags) Fault !!

They started it !!!

They Made Me Do It !!!

I was merely Defending myself !!!

Power Man stomps off into his newly fixed ship.
He slams the airlock behind him.
He bLasts off with a ROAR. (Splashing yet more Barry Poo around.)

Call me a "mucky oik" (whatever That is) will you. I'm leaving !!!!

SULK SULK

Growltigger April 14th, 2003 10:37 PM

Growltigga walks over to the wall of the cantina behind the bar and pushes a seemingly normal piece of wall.

A secret hatch opens, a glittering control panel is behind it, along with two high tensile kevlar cables which GT clips to Taz and his belts (yes Taz has a belt).

Turning to the control panel, GT pushes the button marked "Stingray bongos", the drums start rolling and a loud voice can be heard saying "Anything can happen in the next half hour"...

GT then next pushes the button marked "Feurer Frei" and sniggers as a horde of German punk rockers, clutching bratwursts and sauerkraut cannon, materialise onto Power Man's ship.

After a few moments of Teutonic mayhem, GT then pushes the button marked "AA BLaster beam" and howls in delight as the specially mounted heavy calibre bLaster beams blow the back off Power Man (aka Mucky Pup)'s spaceship. It crashes to earth and the Germanic Moshers carry Power Man into the cantina and staple gun him to the floor, right in a large pile of poo,

Raging Deadstar and Rags are dragged along side Power Man and dipped in the doo....

Finally, GT pushes the button marked "Tsunami", an huge whooshing sound echoes through the cantina as a tidal wave bursts through the doors and sweeps the whole place clean...

All, save Taz and GT, held by their sturdy kevlar cords, are swept out the other side of the cantina in a sodden pile of limbs and manure....

"Right" says GT, "Its Red Hot Poker Hand Cannon time, the Tyrant has returned"

Raging Deadstar April 14th, 2003 10:50 PM

Hey Rammstein are quite a good band GT!!! If you think Feurer Frei was good, watch the video for Sonne! PVC clad dwarfs, heavy power tools, snow white as a prostitute! Very good entertainment!

*Raging Deadstar dutifully buys Growltigger a bottle of expensive champagne and brings back the Red Hot Poker cannon on a pillow back from ragnaroks ship*

The King Has returned, so when we moving to the new establishment Growltigger? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Edit: For more revenge upon that Powerman i thought i'd inform you Rammstein use 3 foot long prosthetic dildos that fire the equivalent of napalm, i think that maybe you'd would find a use for them

[ April 14, 2003, 21:54: Message edited by: Raging Deadstar ]

Growltigger April 14th, 2003 11:42 PM

Yes, Raging Deadstar, Ramstein got the idea for the 3 foot inflatable dildos firing napalm from a brief visit one of them had to my, ahem, boudoir...

Growltigga swells up to 10 feet tall, looks at the mayhem and destruction caused by Rags, Raging Deadstar and Power Man, and pulls out his serrated edge industrial sized vibrator with the furry trims, studs on the outside and even more importantly, a kickstart....

Growltigga roars and the cantina is deafened by the primordial cry of feline fury...

"You panty waisting cheese nibbling ferret felching nancy boys are going to get it GOOOODDDD"....

Taz dutifully presses the final button on the keyboard marked "Super-Warrior", in a shimmering shaft of shining blue incandescence, Growltigga is suddenly clad in power armour, moulded into the shape of a viscious tiger, clutching the serrated vibrator, he pulls the kickstart and heads towards the sodden Rags, RD and Power Man...

"Be brave boys, its BOTTY time"

dogscoff April 15th, 2003 09:46 AM

*Crazy dogscoff, still crazy, appears out of nowhere, his arrival heralded by a tiny crack of thunder and a wisp of hallucinagenic smoke.

He immediately scuttles over to sit beside GT, giggling gleefully and jumping up and down from a knuckle-walking position. One of his antlers is broken, but he doesn't seem to mind. He is an agent of chaos now, and all that matters to him is causing random trickery and unexpectedness. His amulet is gone but instead, crudely tattooed on his forehead is the rune of Loki, god of mischief.

Crazy-Loki-dogscoff expresses his delight at GT's return and the inevitable resultant mayhem the only way he knows how: By gibbering excitedly and doing another of his arcane little dances, this one involving him falling on his side and pedalling his legs so that he spins around in circles, leaving a pool of rabid foam beneath his head.

Gradually, the air becomes thick and sparkly, and the nature of Crazy-Loki-dogscoff's welcome-back present for GT becomes apparent: One by one little fairies begin to appear. Each one is a sexy female just a few inches high, with gossamer wings, lacy lingerie and a teeny tiny little cattle prod. At least two of them look just like Holly Valance. Soon there are dozens of the little critters, zipping about in the air leaving multicoloured trails of pixie-dust, wiggling their little booties provocatively and delivering painful but strangely erotic zaps of electricity to anyone who gets too close.

Loki-Dogscoff claps and hoots with approval, then jumps onto the bar and from there to top of the tent-pole, clinging on upside-down to watch the proceedings.

[ April 15, 2003, 08:49: Message edited by: dogscoff ]

dogscoff April 15th, 2003 02:05 PM

With a mad twitch of his tangled five-foot beard and a few uttered profanities, crazy-loki-dogscoff once more evokes the ancient powers of Chaos and Mischief flowing through him.

Suddenly, the actions carried out upon crazy-Loki-dogscoff by the corrective enema team are felt not only the gibbering recipient but by everytone else in the Cantina including Taz (who goes into a destructive whirlwind frenzy) Rags (who kinda likes it), 'Tigga, (who roars with discomfort and immediately dismembers the corrective therapists) and all the multitude of fairies, who giggle and then redouble their zapping activities.

crazy-Loki-dogscoff, who has been running around filthy and naked the Last few days anyway, remains in the straitjacket for the time-being since he is far too insane to care one way or another.

Gryphin April 15th, 2003 05:03 PM

:: From His Obitting Battle Crusier ::
:: Watches the arival of GT, Relived that the Great Cat has returned, ::
:: Transmission, Growtigga, how long are you back for? When do you plan to shut this cantina down? ::
mac, are you ready to open the shopping emporium?

Growltigger April 15th, 2003 07:48 PM

An antenna rises fromthe back of GT's atomic-biological-chemical proof super-warrior suit.

"Start Transmission - Hello Guffin stop not able to close down the cantina stop that is in the name of growltigga stop and I am now growltigger stop an important difference stop and everytime I blow the cantina up stop certain muppets carry on fighting in it stop get the feeling that it never will stop anyhow, must go stop an FBW has found the hatch to my underpants stop she is doing interesting things stop I hope she doesn't stop End Transmission"

Growltigga takes out his trusty cricket bat and brings it down with force on Dogscoff-Loki's head
"Cheeky blighter, needs a slappin' and no mistake"

PS I am around till close of play (UK time) Thursdsay, and then off again for 2 weeks

[ April 15, 2003, 18:50: Message edited by: growltigger ]

Growltigger April 16th, 2003 01:12 AM

Growltigga, immune to the electric shocks of the nubile fairies in his super-warrior suit (and kind of wishing he wasn't) signals Taz to open the reserve "Public Order Control" instrumentation panel behind the bar....

Taz duly does so and pushes the button marked "Corrective Therapy". Several transporter beams flicker into life in the cantina and hey ho, suddenly the lead singer of Rammstein (dressed up as a neuro surgeon), 6 PVC clad heavily muscled dwarfs and 6 nurses (bearing an uncanny resemblance to Salma Hayek) in rather revealing outfits (and clutching large syringes) appear..

The dwarfs grab the rabid Dogscoff and strip him, before strapping him into a straightjacket....

The nurses then shave and smear his miniscule lovepump with conductive jelly as the mad doctor attaches electrodes....

"Clear" is shouted, and 10,000 volts are repeatedly put through El Scoffo, much to the amusemant of the cantina patrons....

The doctor then turns over Dogscoff and reaches for his 6 foot enema syringe!!

Atrocities April 16th, 2003 04:17 AM

Poor Quality Video. Sand Lake

The high quality one is over 2 gigs. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

[ April 16, 2003, 03:18: Message edited by: Atrocities ]

Puke April 16th, 2003 05:10 AM

good god man, i cant explain it either. I killed scoff once for you, even after he was already dead. But he has come back to life, died and come back again since then, and there isnt much to be done about it, unless you fancy the possiblity of the next incarnation more than the one we have got.

As far as the cantina goes, I think its currently an etherial incarnation of its former self, in a pavillion tent somwhere on the plains of the abyss. I wanted to found a new one, but these yutzes kept posting.

mac5732 April 16th, 2003 06:30 AM

mac strolls into the temp cantina and sees that the old hairy feline is back, he smiles to himself as he listens to GT telling everyone that he has been away on vacation and that he will be leaving again soon.......If they only new the real truth... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

If you want to see what really happened to Growltigga and where he more then likely ended up spending his days because of his well, until now, hidden dark side.......clik on the below link
and see GT caught in the act... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/shock.gif

1050467108.jpg

[ April 16, 2003, 05:47: Message edited by: mac5732 ]

Growltigger April 16th, 2003 10:05 AM

Yep, that is me, small cute orange and furry and not looking like a muscular Version of William Hague or Phil Mitchell in anyway whatsoever.....

We now have a quandary. Given my moving firms and my ident change resultant from that, I cannot close down the cantina and I haverun out of "Mean Mother" Missiles to blow it up with....

What do we do?

I am off again from tomorrow night (that is vacation, I have been away for the Last month on work) so you guys have a week to work out what we do..

and frankly, given the amount of poo in this place, I am not sure I want to hang around for long...

How about Dogscoff/Loki or whatever the hell he is setting up a new institution, I leave it to him

Atrocities April 16th, 2003 10:24 AM

MAC you didn't shoot that Kitten did you? I mean it was surrendering!

dogscoff April 16th, 2003 03:27 PM

Quote:

How about Dogscoff/Loki or whatever the hell he is setting up a new institution, I leave it to him
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Very well. Rather than delay the creation of a new thread indefinitely while we bicker about the name, I'll just start a new thread and we can rename it later.

Next poster in this thread: Please destroy the Cantina in a final and spectacular fashion.

Moderators: After the above-mentioned destruction, please lock the thread down and we can allow it to drift away into posterity.

*Crazy-loki-dogscoff performs a lengthy and occult dance, then promptly disappears in a puff of hallucinogenic smoke. He immediately reappears in the grey featureless void between realities...

[ April 16, 2003, 14:28: Message edited by: dogscoff ]

dogscoff April 16th, 2003 04:04 PM

* shortly after dogscoff's disappearance, a shining blue portal appears by the bar.

Click here to see where it came from and where it leads to...

David E. Gervais April 16th, 2003 05:12 PM

I always like to be among the first, so I follow the portal...

mottlee April 17th, 2003 01:48 AM

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/shock.gif ROFLMAO!!!! too funny! (you did not see the knifes hidden in its paws?? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/shock.gif

mac5732 April 17th, 2003 05:51 AM

Atrocities, no the little blighter was not hurt or harmed in any way or form. I believe he was sentanced to life with a new family who just adores him http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

just some ideas Mac

Kamog April 17th, 2003 06:00 AM

I'm going into the portal, too! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif Let's see where it goes...

mac5732 April 17th, 2003 06:33 AM

Mac was sitting under the canapy of the Temp Cantina along with some of the other members enjoying some brewskis and oogling the FBW's when he noticed that the wind had started to pick up, in fact it was starting to get quite breezy, mac noticed the Taz hurridly putting away all the essentials from the bar when Rags went blowing past him in the wind, coming into contact with one of the parked space cruisers in the parking lot, the sound of him hitting didn't sound all that good, RD began laughing at Rags sticking, then ooozing into a puddle at the bottom of the ship, when all of a sudden he to was wisked into the air by the wind and deposited in the large Poo disgard pile on the other side of the parking lot. Mac started to become concerned as the wind continued to get stronger and shrieking like some Banshee brought over from Ireland, Taz yelled at him that he was leaving along with the FBWs as something didn't appear normal with this weather, soon after he left, it started to rain in buckets to the point you couldn't see outside the tent. Mac was by now holding onto his nailed down table and was being lashed by torrents of wind and rain, As he held on as hard as he could, he saw Mottlee, Powerman, Primitive, and David G flying past his location in various strange anatimical positions, Powerman appeared to be trying to turn on his power suit, when.. Bam, he was slammed into the side of Primitive's new cruiser and then they were both gone, the ship and Powerman, lifted up into the atmosphere like twigs from a tree and disappearing into the darkness that had quickly fallen upon the land. Primitive appeared to be trying to grab and hold onto Mottlee's leg, and Mottlee was striking him and yelling some obscene antedotes that were barely recognizable with the howling of the wind, they blew past, crossed the parking lot, over the poo discard pile, still embracing each other in somewhat disgusting behavior with Mottlee either beating or clutching onto Primitive, David G, was laughing as he flew past, singing what sounded like the song from the Wizard of Oz and inbetween lines yelling that he was having the time of his life and then he to was gone up into the upper layers of the atmosphere and gone from site, the bar came loose and flew at poor Mac who ducked just in time and then his table broke loose and Mac found himself in the air about to be sent to who knows where, when he noticed that he was over the large hole of the old cantina, Mac hurriedly let go of the table and at the same time a rope came flying up from the hole which he grabbed after which he was pulled into the large and deep hole. When he got up he found GT, Gryphin, Saxon, Tesco, and Mephisto grinning and singing 99 barrels of beer on the wall, they shoved a brewski into his hands and told him to enjoy the sites, just then, mlmbd flew past screaming in agonizing hysterics and swearing about voodoo hexs and that someone will pay.. then he was gone...., The wind became ever more stronger and soon a loud sound like that of a very large Train was heared quite loudly and appeared to be coming from just east of the temp cantina, the wind became more fierce, howling like something out of the depths of hell, the group carefully looked out and saw that all the ships in the lot were gone, the canapy flew off and the interior contents were flying threw the air like gunshots, HEE laughed GT, there goes Puke, they all looked and sure enough, high over the pkg lot flew Puke, he yelled something at the group, but the wind was to strong and then he to was gone, tumbling head over end into the unknown, then the noise got ever louder, piercing the ears with such a high pitch they covered their ears, hunkered down deeper into the hole, drinking their brewskis and singing 99 barrels of beer. The rain got heavier, hail as large as gonads began hitting them all over their bodies, it was hard to breathe, the oxygen seemed to have been bled from the air.... and El Dogscof came flying and waved while breathing into an oxygen mask and holding something in his other hand Then....... Quiet descended, the noise was gone, the rain let up, it quit hailing, the wind had died to almost nothing. The group climbed up out of the hole and looked around... Desolation stared them in the face, the Temp Cantina was completely gone, it appeared like it had never existed, the huge concrete parking lot was now a muddy river, every ship was gone, trees were knocked down or over, the place was wiped clean of every strand of civilization, Damn, GT muttered, there goes another Cantina, we just can't seem to keep them around for long.... Just then they noticed a pile of muck coming up out of the river of mud in the lot, it came closer until a hand wiped away the crud from its face, It was Geo himself and he was shaking his head, he walked up to GT and said.... Can't you guys ever have a normal bar like everyone else and just sell it when your done with it.... Damn, I've ruined more clothes hanging around these cantinas and then all of a sudden, a huge hole opened under him and he was swallowed from sight, yelling " Not Againnnnnn...... The group just watched, then, with brewski's in their hands started to walk into the sunset... well now, spoke the Gryphin, what do you guys think about rebuilding once more, GT looked at him and said, I hear El Scoffo has a place over in the next county, lets take a look, with that they began walking away into the sunset........ http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Gone, but not forgotten, from the ashes a rebirth..........

Taz-in-Space April 17th, 2003 07:03 AM

...Taz, having seen the new (unnamed) cantina is much better than this one is now, completes the movement of all the bar supplies into the new digs.

So GT wants this place destroyed huh? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...s/confused.gif

After giving the situation some thought, Taz decides to really finish the old cantina for good. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Writing a few quick instructions on an Official ACME order form, Taz sends these instructions back 4 years in time.
Taz then places a time lock on the entire star system to prevent interfering time travelers.

Checking his watch impatiently, Taz waits until a mean looking cruiser enters the system. Said cruiser has ACME printed in large letters on its side. It immediately heads for the sun. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/shock.gif

Chuckling evilly, Taz then states that the old cantina's bar is now closed and takes off in a whirling motion through the glowing portal. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

What was in the ACME cruiser?
Why does even the mighty Taz not dare to stay?
WHY ARE YOU STANDING HERE READING THIS? RUN!! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/tongue.gif

(Explainations available in the new cantina thread)

Gryphin April 17th, 2003 03:05 PM

:: Steps in quickly, notices the comotion, Accesses the Cantinna computers and accounting grid, Forwards all tabs through the Portal to the systems carefuly in place there, Taz will see them when he powers up the register ;:

Power Man April 17th, 2003 11:38 PM

In the desolation a voice is heard, "There's no place like home. There's no place like home … "
With a small Poof a slightly wind blown Power Man appears near the portal.

Boy that was a real Ride !! I am glad I made it. Now were is everyone ??
Were is every thing??

He sees the glowing portal he proceeds to scan it.
So that's were everybody went.

If I am going to "Go were no Power Man has gone before", I need to get some stuff.

He contacts Spork, who has just arrived in the new, improved Dread 2 and beams up to the ship.

A short time later he beams back. He now has a new power suit Mark 2. He is carrying an ACME Carry-All carry all.

As he gets ready to step through the portal he gets a call from Spork. Sporks reports that a mean looking cruiser is nearing the system's star.
In true star ship captain mode Power Man orders Spork, "I will be OK down here. Activate trackers and keep an eye on that cruiser. But KEEP MY SHIP SAFE !!!"

With one final look around Power Man steps into the Portal.

dogscoff April 18th, 2003 01:36 AM

A beermat flies out of the portal and lands on the ruined ground beneath. Almost immediately, an octopus squelches out of a puddle to retrieve it. It reads a note written on the beermat, then disappears into the sea.

Shortly afterwards, a massive dreadnought rumbles out of the sky and powers itself into the portal...

(see the cantina replacement thread for the other half of the story.)

Taz-in-Space April 18th, 2003 07:58 PM

...The mean looking ACME cruiser finally reaches its destination - the sun.
Immediately deploying the Inverted Quantum Beam weapon, the ACME Master Computer 74d7b92 beams a warning message to all vessels in the system:

Warning! This craft has been instructed to cause the local star to implode into a Black Hole. All sentient beings are directed to vacate this system immediately. I repeat this system is going to be destroyed. Have a nice day!

With no further warning the Inverted Quantum Beam is activated and the irreversible process of turning the sun into a Black Hole is begun.

(At this point, this commentator recommends a very hasty exit from this thread!... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif )

Power Man April 22nd, 2003 10:55 PM

As soon as Spork gets the warning he sends off one Last message to Power Man. A small ship leaves the Dread2 and dives into the portal.

The Dread 2 opens a new jump point and disappears from the system.

SO Long Old Cantina !!

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon9.gif

Mephisto April 22nd, 2003 10:58 PM

And so it begins...