.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   War.... (Historical: 9/11 discussion thread) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=4132)

dogscoff September 12th, 2006 01:40 PM

Re: War....

Quote:

scJazz said:
To those we've lost, to those left behind, and to vengeance may it be swift!

Dude, it's been five years already! A bit late to be wishing for 'swift' anything.

I'm not going to restate my own opinions on vengeance and so re-open this thread to bad feeling, but if you really want to know, read what I wrote in this thread five years ago. I feel pretty much now as I did then.

scJazz September 12th, 2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

dogscoff said:
Dude, it's been five years already! A bit late to be wishing for 'swift' anything.

I'm not going to restate my own opinions on vengeance and so re-open this thread to bad feeling, but if you really want to know, read what I wrote in this thread five years ago. I feel pretty much now as I did then.

Ya I know but I wanted the symmetry.

Atrocities September 12th, 2006 07:15 PM

This struggle is going to go on far longer than any of us will be alive. So in fifty years, revive this thread and see whats happened.

geoschmo September 11th, 2008 09:56 PM

Re: War.... (Historical: 9/11 discussion thread)

I thought this thread had been lost in the forum switch. Some may say it would be better if it had been. It's something of a tradition that we pull this thread back out on the Anniversary. It doesn't happen every year. Sometimes we forget.

This thread is a large part of my memory of that day. Those of you who were here then were my friends, and on a day like that you turned to your friends and family for comfort.

Feel free to read and reflect. Post if you like, but I would ask that you refrain from posting replies directed at comments from previous years. Those comments cannot exist outside the context of the time in which they were posted. I myself said some things I'm not proud of, but I think it's healthy to remember those too, if only to see how far I've come personally.

Geoschmo

geoschmo September 11th, 2009 09:34 PM

Eight year anniversary bump.

Atrocities September 12th, 2009 03:53 PM

Has it really been 8 years? Seems like only yesterday. I think I was in the hospital when it happened. Shows ya how good my memory is.

dumbluck September 15th, 2009 11:47 PM

I was at home. I missed seeing the first one hit, but I did see the second plane hit.

geoschmo September 11th, 2010 01:11 PM

Ninth Anniversary bump.

Atrocities May 2nd, 2011 12:48 PM

May 1st, 2011 Osama Bin Laden DEAD - My He Rot In Hell For All Time!

Killed by Navy SEALS!!!

Link

geoschmo September 11th, 2013 09:33 AM

Twelfth Anniversary bump.

Seems like the once a year visit to this thread the only reason I come around Shranpnel anymore. It's really nice of them to keep the forum open all these years.