.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Wishlist: the Mappers Wishlist (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=30608)

Endoperez December 27th, 2006 06:41 AM

Re: the Mappers Wishlist

There are too many variables for it to work like that. It won't work, not that way. Adding magic spells to certain provinces is much more feasible. Arrow Fend for both sides of the battle in all provinces that are caves, as an example.

HoneyBadger December 28th, 2006 12:29 AM

I don't care how it would work as long as it works. What about the possibility of certain creatures who can't leave certain types of provinces, such as underground, forests, deserts, mountains...in the same way as water-breathing creatures can't leave the water unless they're amphibious or have magical support? Mythologically, this would make a lot of sense for a LOT of creatures.

Endoperez December 28th, 2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

HoneyBadger said:
I don't care how it would work as long as it works. What about the possibility of certain creatures who can't leave certain types of provinces, such as underground, forests, deserts, mountains...in the same way as water-breathing creatures can't leave the water unless they're amphibious or have magical support? Mythologically, this would make a lot of sense for a LOT of creatures.

This idea would require some work, but it's very interesting because at least Hama Dryads already have a somewhat similar ability: they can't leave their home province without getting weaker (losing hp).

Edi December 28th, 2006 04:37 PM

According to the description, Blood Guards and Blood Lords also share that same drawback. Home province only or they start dying.

Edi

HoneyBadger December 31st, 2006 04:24 AM

So you could have for instance a Will'o'the'whisp creature that can only be found in swamps and cannot-by itself anyway-leave the swamp it's in, but you could still recruit it.

Endoperez December 31st, 2006 05:41 AM

Will'O'Wisps are battle summons available at about Conjuration 7. Fire 1, 1 gem, appear in the edges of the battlefield.

HoneyBadger December 31st, 2006 07:23 PM

I wasn't aware of that spell.
Well then something a little less powerful would probably be appropriate. How about dinosaurs? they're always fun.

Gandalf Parker January 3rd, 2007 12:06 AM

We have
#nostart
#start
#specstart

But I have some scenarios in mind where it would I need to be able to specify those as applying only to Human or Computer players. Im not sure how many of them or what form would be simplest.

HoneyBadger January 3rd, 2007 11:10 PM

Gandalf, to save on confusion, is your last post a reply to mine or are you just starting a new request? If it's to me, then I'm not sure what you mean. Thanks.

Gandalf Parker January 4th, 2007 12:45 AM

It was a new request.
I was playing with the Tower map and I wanted to set it up so that the human player always started at the bottom. The description would be "fight your way to the top of the tower. You only have to fight one enemy at a time but that last one is going to be a whopper" or something like that. But with the commands we have now, I cant figure out how it can be done without selecting the nation that the human plays.