.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: War of the Ring- Ended, the forces of Good are Victorious!! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42051)

Redeyes January 31st, 2009 08:50 PM

Re: War of the Ring- Full

How about Gwahir of the Eagle Kings?

Tolkien January 31st, 2009 08:52 PM

How abot LA Atlantis? They remind me of the Icemen of Forochel, so it's thematic.

Except they are amphibious and sail.

Trumanator February 1st, 2009 03:07 AM

Hmm, I must have forgotten to put you down as TC on the first page GB. Anyone else want to change? I'm not saying you should, but don't feel like you have to play one nation or the other.

Baalz February 1st, 2009 12:53 PM

Alright, looks like we've got a full roster for team evil, everyone PM me your email addresses and I'll send out the playbook so you can put together a pretender with it in mind. I've got a team strategy and a role I'd like each nation to play on the team, and I'll leave it to each player to figure out how best to accomplish those goals along with intra-team advice and suggestions.

Trumanator February 1st, 2009 12:59 PM

The forces of evil were never this organized:( The forces of good will have to be more unified than ever!

Executor February 1st, 2009 04:49 PM

What about starting positions, are they determined yet?

Tifone February 1st, 2009 07:20 PM

I'm fully with Lord Baalz and his incarnation, the mighty Sauron. I can't wait to listen his strategies. Might He rule over the world and our enemies bite the dust. (I already sent you my mail address previously, but if you don't have it anymore say and I'll resend it)

BTW, I think starting positions should be pre-organized appropriately - so team members are near but don't hamper each other. Having one member of the team so in the rear he can't reach the battlefields or sorrounded by enemies would really ruin a wonderfully-starting game imho ;)

cleveland February 2nd, 2009 10:01 AM

@Executor: Yes, I put together starting positions for this game. Have you guys decided if you want to change/add nations? I'm willing to rework it, if so, because I still think it's gonna be lopsided as-is. I've done my best to set it up as fairly as possible, but I'm not a magician.

@Tifone: I'd originally considered setting the starts as you've recommended, a "ships-of-the-line" arrangement like this:

(north)
G G G G G
E E E E E

But I think it'll be way too easy for the "late-game" nations to withdraw to the rear, turtle, summon a bunch of blood uniques, and win an easy, boring victory.

So I'd instead opted for a "pell-mell" setup, more-or-less like this:

(north)
G E G E G
E G E G E

...and balancing who-neighbors-who based on early-game strength.

If you guys prefer a ships-of-the-line setup, let me know, it's your game.

Cheers,
cleveland

Mithras February 2nd, 2009 12:18 PM

Seeing Baalz take charge like that makes me wish I had joined the game, oh well, have fun.

rdonj February 2nd, 2009 12:27 PM

Yeah, this game will be interesting to watch :)