.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: War of the Ring- Ended, the forces of Good are Victorious!! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42051)

Tifone January 24th, 2009 04:54 PM

Re: War of the Ring- Recruiting.

I'd gladly join the axis of evil (OMG what am I saying! I mean "different behaviour") if there's still some room :)

rdonj January 24th, 2009 05:09 PM

Re: War of the Ring- Recruiting.

Yes, someone should definitely play as one of the hoburg mod nations.

Trumanator January 24th, 2009 09:02 PM

Re: War of the Ring- Full

Huzzah!! We now have all the players I think we can handle. So, now we begin discussion of what age and what nations. I myself think that LA is the way to go, and am very much in favor of thematic mod nations. However, I am open to suggestions. Baalz and Executor get first choice of course, and everyone else afterward. Remember to try and fit your choices to whichever side, good or evil, you want to be on. If its not too much trouble, I would like to have everyone else state their number of MP games, so we can try to balance the teams more or less.

For teams, we have Baalz as the Dark Lord Sauron, and Executor as Aragorn, Son of Arathorn, King of Gondor.

While Ermor might be thematic, I would like to refrain from including it, since there are a lot of noobs in the game who will have a lot of trouble, not to mention that Ermor is not a particularly comfortable ally.

Vanslime January 24th, 2009 09:44 PM

Well, Team Evil pretty much needs someone with elephants...

Which means Arco or Patala in LA. And that doesn't seem right.

Hmmmm....

Baalz January 24th, 2009 09:45 PM

LA sounds great. I'll be going with a thematic (rather than optimized) Sauron pretender and scales, and plan on doing a bit of roleplaying. Lets see if I can also remain competitive. ;)

Vanslime January 24th, 2009 09:51 PM

I shall follow you to the ends of the (middle) earth, m'lord! :viking:

Evil may not be ethical, but at least, it is proactive!

Trumanator January 24th, 2009 10:22 PM

Hmmm, are there any "evil" mod nations with elephants?

Executor January 24th, 2009 10:28 PM

So I represent the forces of good, hope the game ends like the book does.
I'll have to get reaquanted with it in order to make it a little more thematic.

Abysia sure suits as Saurons nation,
so I'm open for suggestions as to what nation to take. Trumanator suggested Ulm reborn mad nation, but they have too much free spawn, but I am fine with this nation. Maybe Man would be more thematic?

Vanslime January 24th, 2009 10:45 PM

Well, in any case...

I, as Gath, shall take on the role of the Evil Men.

Any objections?

Trumanator January 24th, 2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 669420)
So I represent the forces of good, hope the game ends like the book does.
I'll have to get reaquanted with it in order to make it a little more thematic.

Abysia sure suits as Saurons nation,
so I'm open for suggestions as to what nation to take. Trumanator suggested Ulm reborn mad nation, but they have too much free spawn, but I am fine with this nation. Maybe Man would be more thematic?

Man would work as well. I was recalling my own experience with Ulm Reborn, where I decided not to use the penitents, focusing instead on the heavy duty sacreds. Arco maybe? According to the poll in Tifone's sig, they're the nation most generally accepted as "good".

On a side note, do people want to use CBM? It's boosts to less-used options could allow for more thematic builds to be more successful.