.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Peculiar Planets Mod for Weird Worlds (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44866)

Lord_Vader February 7th, 2010 11:18 PM

Peculiar Planets Mod for Weird Worlds

Remember a long time ago when I announced I was making a mod called Peculiar Planets? Probably not. Well, I got bogged down in lots of different things so nothing much happened. Finally, however, the mod is nearly complete and should be released within three weeks. It includes over 10 new races each with their own star fleets, new spaceships for the already existing races, lots of new events/mini-quests along the way and a major graphics overhaul. I'm planning on making it even cooler over the coming few weeks, including adding elements from my favorite sci-fi material), and touch up a few things. The mod will likely still be a bit 'messy' when it's released, so another version will come out a while later. I'll post here when it's complete.

ExplorerBob February 8th, 2010 12:45 AM

Re: Peculiar Planets Mod for Weird Worlds

Sounds very impressive; can't wait to see it!

sgqwonkian February 8th, 2010 01:24 AM

10 new races? Wow. Really looking forward to this.

chabex February 8th, 2010 12:56 PM

That's sounds you're putting in a lots of work... Can't wait to try it!

Black_Bear February 9th, 2010 09:18 AM

Bring it on.................

Lord_Vader February 9th, 2010 08:55 PM

Oh, another thing... as Peculiar Planets nears the end of its development, does anyone have any suggestions for more content in the mod? Anything you'd like to see in it? Ideas you planned for your own mod but never got time to implement but would still like to see it somewhere? Well, I'm open to all this, and I'll try to add any suggested content into the mod as soon as possible.

ExplorerBob February 10th, 2010 06:35 AM

How about a used or non-functioning Horloge of Primordius, for non-Prim-quest maps?

meKanicalj3sus February 23rd, 2010 09:39 PM

bring on the 10 race mega mod! pretty excited..

chabex February 25th, 2010 05:12 PM

Once upon a time I asked somewhere if it is possible / the game engine is capable for doing something like jumping from one mod to the another. Imagine a quest eg a "Super Massive Black Hole" quest (Muse, jeah!) where if you find it and enter you would end up in a different Universe (see:mod)

chabex April 10th, 2010 12:52 PM

Hey My Lord, are you still there?
:-)
All is SO quiet...