.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Nation - Tomb Kings - v1.03 released (March 2009)! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35201)

rdonj June 17th, 2008 11:45 AM

Re: Nation Mod - Tomb Kings - Released!

A quick thought about the general ogreish lack of a counter to Asp Archers. I don't think it would be too unreasonable to give the ogres partial poison resistance. Largely because of the fluff for butchers and slaughtermasters, but I think if they rate 100 poison resist regular ogres could maybe rate 50? Not sure how much that would've helped though.

Sombre June 17th, 2008 12:17 PM

Partial poison res never seems to work properly for me. I agree you could arguably give Ogres some poison res, but I don't want to make them too strong. I'll think about it though.

Endoperez June 17th, 2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Sombre said:
Partial poison res never seems to work properly for me.

I think the poison damage units suffer is some percentual part of the original damage they took, and resistance lowers that initial amount. The effect ends up looking as if the resistance helps you overcome poison faster than another unit, relatively speaking. That, or I totally misremember the whole thing. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...ies/tongue.gif

Alderanas July 12th, 2008 12:42 AM

I was just wondering is the scorpion hero supposed to have no magic or priest ability? In the description it sounds like it should.

HoneyBadger July 12th, 2008 04:36 AM

I think the idea may be that the mage's (mage/priest?) power all goes towards running the scorpion construct, so he doesn't have anything left?

llamabeast July 12th, 2008 04:49 AM

He definitely does have magic, I just checked. I suspect this has to do with the current bug where if you have more than one mod running units start to have their magic paths stripped. It's new to this patch, and apparently it is going to be fixed next patch.

llamabeast September 26th, 2008 06:48 AM

Re: Nation - Tomb Kings - Released!

Right, at long last, I've made an update (available from the first post). The overall objectives are to make the Tomb Kings a nation which makes heavy use of summons, which was always how it was intended, and also to fix issues like the Asp Archers being overpowered, and most commanders being unable to see in the dark. The changes are:

- You now get 5 anubites for 8 gems, rather than only 3 anubites.
- Anubites cost earth gems instead of death gems, which are always too valuable to spend.
- Anubite protection lowered from 18 to 16 - they are meant to be offensive units, and should not be able to hold a line too well.
- Servants of Horus buffed - higher hp (12->16), and reinvig 4 (the blessing of Horus).
- Servants of Horus only cost 8 gems for 4, rather than 10 gems.
- The Bone Scorpion now costs 18 gems, down from 20
- The poison on the arrows from Asp Archers is now mr-negates
- Asp archers now cost 16 gold instead of 17.
- Buried are no longer capital only, allowing non-archer based bless strategies
- Almost all non-undead units now have darkvision (the Servants of Horus being the exception).

HahnHolio September 29th, 2008 03:02 AM

Awesome Mod this is!!!

i love Warhammer based thingys ... but:

i have the problem that none of the specific spells show up in the spell lists under research!?

i play on pargannos map by llama, if that yould be an issue.

thanks in advance

HahnHolio

llamabeast September 29th, 2008 05:00 AM

Hmm, they should do. I just checked, and they do for me. They are in Conjuration (starting at level 3) and Enchantment (starting at Level 0 with Summon Immortal).

The map shouldn't make any difference. Nor should using other mods in fact, but you could turn any others off just for a test.

HahnHolio September 29th, 2008 12:20 PM

ya, omg, i am dumb ...
i did not patch after the install ^^
was still running without any patch.
after patching, everything is fine ...

sorry for being lamo :)