.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Nation - Tomb Kings - v1.03 released (March 2009)! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35201)

rdonj August 12th, 2009 12:17 AM

Re: Nation - Tomb Kings - v1.03 released (March 2009)!

Losing paths on them is quite painful. Weakened tomb kings can be very difficult to use effectively. This is part of why we need a tomb kings guide :P

Trumanator August 23rd, 2009 10:22 PM

A suggestion for the Ushabti Avatars- I think it would be nice if at least 2 of their non-sorcery randoms were linked. I just summoned my first in Tourmaline, and he was pretty underwhelming, 1F1A1E3D. While I will try to put him to good use, its not like I don't get those regularly from my kings. A 2 in A especially would have been a real godsend. I recognize that I was mostly just unlucky, but it still left me wishing I had my E gems back. I just feel that for 35 E and ench 8 you should really get something with a bang.

@ rdonj- I might post a bit of a guide after this game if I get anywhere, but I don't pretend that I've really had any major brainstorms.

rdonj August 24th, 2009 05:14 AM

Even if the avatar didn't get amazingly good paths, it's still quite usable as an SC. Though ushabti avatars do annoyingly have the does not heal tag, making it somewhat problematic to use them.

Go for it :) Like I've said before, some of the randoms on tomb kings are just so random it's hard to decide what to do with them. It seems to me like they are either thugs, forgers, or army buffers depending on their paths. Sorcerers and high priests can handle just about all the battle magic you really need.

Trumanator September 1st, 2009 06:51 PM

Okay, having now summoned at least a few avatars, I am definitely coming down on the side of saying they at least need some adjustment. Every single one of them save one B3 one has been inferior to my TKs in paths, if not in stats. While I will most likely continue to summon them, I think that serious consideration should be put toward consolidating the randoms. While the spread out randoms are not so bad for the TKs, when it comes to what is billed as a national SC, it becomes increasingly aggravating. 35 E gems and researching to ench 8 is a pretty substantial investment, and feel that it wouldn't be that much of a killer to expect a little more oomph.

SlipperyJim September 2nd, 2009 09:05 AM

Ushabti Avatars are SCs. As long as they have enough magic for a few buffs (Summon Earthpower, Fire Shield, and Resist Magic are a few of my favorites), then they have what they need. As an added bonus, the Avatars with Blood Magic are an effective (and expensive) way to diversify with a little bit of Blood. Blood Stones, anyone?

I have found the following gear to be very useful on my Avatars:
  • Fire Brand
  • Vine Shield
  • Wraith Crown
  • Bone Armor
  • any other SC/Thug gear, such as Boots of Quickness & Antimagic Amulet
A couple of Avatars just smashed a large MA Ermorian army. That said, I'm glad I sent TWO, because a bloody Grand Thaumaturg cast Paralyze on one of my Avatars. But he didn't get both of them....

Squirrelloid December 14th, 2009 06:37 PM

The gilded scorpion is really OP as a pretender chassis.

Stats:
E1D2 Dom2 Fear+0+D Trample UD Lifeless PR100 CR100 Str/att/def 20/14/10 Prot 19 Enc 0 NewPath 40 150 pts.

First of all, I'm not sure its possible to balace an Enc. 0 trampler available turn 1. You can attack blind with it at no risk. Barbs? Knights? No problems. Its got great morale and MR because its a pretender. It has great protection. It has decent-good att/def stats. And there is almost nothing (stellar cascades at evo 5) you can do to give it fatigue. The thing is literally 'kill the first player you meet' good, no matter who they are, at least for MA.

Compare to a Cyclops, it has slightly less protection (2 less once you factor out E magic), same hp, lower strength (irrelevant, you're trampling), slightly better net att/def, 2 paths instead of 1, lower new path cost, **Enc. 0**, trample, CR+PR, and doesn't need to be handed a weapon like the cyclops does. And its only 25 points more. Its at least 125 points better. The thing is more powerful than a gorgon because it has no weaknesses.

The only other potential Enc. 0 size 6 trampler at game start is a colossal fetish with Boots of the Behemoth. It has one path to start, no fear, only AP4 (matters a lot for trample), and bad att/def stats (7/6). And it requires a gem investment to give it trample.

Otherwise we're talking lots of enchantment research and some gems to get them - long enough that counters exist.

Sombre December 31st, 2009 10:00 AM

There's a weapon conflict between this mod and CBM 1.6

They share the 708 slot currently. This would be best fixed by moving the asp bow to 699 which is pretty free as far as MA nations go.

Trumanator December 31st, 2009 04:05 PM

lol, better than the divine flail heavy cavs you could have before :D

Trumanator January 16th, 2010 12:18 AM

I've written a guide for this nation, comments and such would be appreciated, and it might be worth linking to in the OP of this thread.

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44687

Sombre April 2nd, 2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sombre (Post 724225)
There's a weapon conflict between this mod and CBM 1.6

They share the 708 slot currently. This would be best fixed by moving the asp bow to 699 which is pretty free as far as MA nations go.

Just want to reiterate this. It is literally the only conflict between all the warhammer ma nations and cbm, so if it could be fixed officially, that would be awesome.

Of course it's fixed in the warhammer ma compilation.