.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPWW2 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Several Game Questions (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42413)

mac5732 February 24th, 2009 10:27 PM

Several Game Questions

1. Is there anyway to tell how many turns there are in each scenerio etc? Some give the amount but most don't. Am I missing something?

2. On the end result table (player at start and losses), it shows men, afvs etc at start and lost. The numbers are the same. How can you tell what you started with, what you lost and what the other side started with and lost? Its a little confusing.

3. Ref smoke. I noticed that tanks and ground units that have the ability for using smoke, only fire in their hexes, at least thats what i've been able to do. Can they fire more then in there own hex?

tks for help

mac

iCaMpWiThAWP February 24th, 2009 10:47 PM

Re: Several Game Questions

1. check the black bar at the bottom, in the right
2.i think the total thing only works in campaigns, it keeps track on the number of men you lost during all the battles, it doesn't shows the starting number
3. tank,mortar and any other gun can fire smoke rounds at their main gun max range, some tanks also have smoke dischargers, infantry can only fire smoke in adjacent hexes

RERomine February 24th, 2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac5732 (Post 676560)
1. Is there anyway to tell how many turns there are in each scenerio etc? Some give the amount but most don't. Am I missing something?

If the designer didn't bother to tell you in the description, all you can do is start it up and take a peek.

See post above for the answers to #2 and #3

DRG February 25th, 2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac5732 (Post 676560)

2. On the end result table (player at start and losses), it shows men, afvs etc at start and lost. The numbers are the same. How can you tell what you started with, what you lost and what the other side started with and lost? Its a little confusing.

3. Ref smoke. I noticed that tanks and ground units that have the ability for using smoke, only fire in their hexes, at least thats what i've been able to do. Can they fire more then in there own hex?

tks for help

mac

1/ If the number of game turns is not mentioned in the description then the only recourse is to start up the scenario and look at the bottom of the screen under Visibility and it will give the number of turns

2/ Gives losses on both sides but it's primarily a campaign info tool as it will track yours and the enemy's losses with each campaign game played

3. If the tanks has smoke ammo ( you can check that by right clicking on the unit and look for smoke ammo ) you can fire it by pressing X then picking a spot on the map. It may or may not land on target. If the tank has smoke dischargers that's different than smoke ammo and only fires into the next hex. Infantry can only throw it in the adjacent hex

Don

mac5732 February 25th, 2009 11:51 PM

I thank you for all your help... as for tanks and smoke, everytime i try to use the tank to shoot smoke, I smoke myself UGH.. haahahahah, I'll keep working on it.. Thanks all once again for the answers

mac