.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.6 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43949)

Joelz March 7th, 2010 02:00 PM

Re: Conceptual Balance Mod 1.6

Trolls could be made very resource intensive. But then again, the province could end up being mountain, surrounded by mountains :P

Meglobob March 7th, 2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sombre (Post 734468)
That doesn't make sense meglobob. The trolls cost the same upkeep to price as everything else.

If they cost 0 gold, as burn said, the site would be ridiculous.

Oh yea if they are changed to 0 cost, I suppose it would but trolls actually are not that good anyway, rarely used in MP.

What do they cost normally, been sometime since I have seen that site, damn nearly credit crunched me thou, never forget it!

Stavis_L March 8th, 2010 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meglobob (Post 734514)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sombre (Post 734468)
That doesn't make sense meglobob. The trolls cost the same upkeep to price as everything else.

If they cost 0 gold, as burn said, the site would be ridiculous.

Oh yea if they are changed to 0 cost, I suppose it would but trolls actually are not that good anyway, rarely used in MP.

What do they cost normally, been sometime since I have seen that site, damn nearly credit crunched me thou, never forget it!

Per Edi's DB:

troll 60
troll guard 70
troll king 150
troll moose knight 110
war troll 70

sea troll 50
sea king 150
slave troll 70

Squirrelloid March 8th, 2010 07:25 PM

which trolls does the site(s? UW?) actually let you recruit, because the others could be set to 0 gold with no problems.

kianduatha March 9th, 2010 06:41 AM

It's always bugged me that the dragon pretenders are actually less scary up close than at a range--at this point(especially with the latest CBM changes) dragons in melee are brick walls with fear auras. That doesn't really sit well with me, since it doesn't make sense that a dragon would stop breathing fire/cold/poison when it gets closer to an enemy.

At first I thought of suggesting giving a bonus melee attack which gives an area fire/cold/poison, but that seems hackneyed. So what about a heat/cold/poison aura instead? I mean, the Tarrasque gets a poison aura, so there's even precedent. And it'd make Dragon Pretenders more viable/relevant in combat other than 'that guy with Fear +5 that soaks up hits'.

BigDaddy March 9th, 2010 11:18 AM

I thought just give them a flaming hands attack, but then, the red dragon can cast that with just a little research that he can probably even do himself... while he sits there soaking up hits... that IS what he should be doing. You can say...

At evo 5 your commands could be (attak rear)(cast flame eruption)x4

Jarkko March 9th, 2010 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddy (Post 734801)

You can't scrpit that. On single turn attacks you can only tell the commander to attack (and he will attack the closest target), and if there are no hostiles in range for Flame Eruption (very likely if there was for example one wolf running way ahead of the rest of the hostile army (and if you are playing in a MP, you can be guaranteed there is some fast lone something running ahead of his army if he knows you use spells like Flame Eruption or Shockwave or some such)), the spell-casting AI will override the script and start casting fire flies or some other equally "useful" spell.

BigDaddy March 9th, 2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarkko (Post 734809)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDaddy (Post 734801)

You can't scrpit that. On single turn attacks you can only tell the commander to attack (and he will attack the closest target), and if there are no hostiles in range for Flame Eruption (very likely if there was for example one wolf running way ahead of the rest of the hostile army (and if you are playing in a MP, you can be guaranteed there is some fast lone something running ahead of his army if he knows you use spells like Flame Eruption or Shockwave or some such)), the spell-casting AI will override the script and start casting fire flies or some other equally "useful" spell.

OK, yes. As long as he's in dragon form you should be just fine on defense, but when attacking he'll get confused by fast units.

LumenPlacidum March 9th, 2010 05:02 PM

Will they use their fire breath in melee if it is #bonus?

Sombre March 9th, 2010 05:54 PM

No.