.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Nation - Tomb Kings - v1.03 released (March 2009)! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=35201)

Nasser October 8th, 2008 02:01 PM

Re: Nation - Tomb Kings - Released!

I think there may be a conflict between Tomb Kings and the latest Conceptual Rebalance because my Asp Archers end up not having their special asp bows when I play with Conceptual Rebalance enabled. :doh:

rdonj October 8th, 2008 02:30 PM

Are you sure? I have a game up with CBM v1.03 running and my archers have their asp bows. Maybe my version of cbm is outdated?

Nasser October 8th, 2008 03:41 PM

It's entirely possible that it is something else. The only mods I was running were the latest CBM, the Mythology mod, and Tomb Kings.

Sombre October 8th, 2008 04:42 PM

Unless Tomb Kings is specifically designed to avoid conflict with those other mods, then you have your answer.

llamabeast October 8th, 2008 04:58 PM

Yeah, it's probably Mytheology.

Nasser October 8th, 2008 05:52 PM

Well there's my problem right there. I guess if I have to sacrifice one of the two (Mythology vs CBM) I'll happily drop Mythology.

llamabeast October 8th, 2008 06:46 PM

With regard to the regeneration issues earlier - it does work on all units apart from the scorpion. It turns out the scorpion doesn't get it because it's lifeless. I might consider changing that, but actually it might be quite good to leave it in as a weakness, the scorpion being beastily powerful and all.

The healing definitely works. But like all "damage" it fluctuates wildly. Some hits won't work, some will heal a lot.

rdonj October 8th, 2008 07:14 PM

Alright, thanks for looking into it llama. I don't think it's a problem the scorpion can't regenerate as long as everything else can. They are definitely quite good as is.

rdonj January 5th, 2009 03:01 PM

Should the Tomb Kings really be lifeless? They're not really magically animated constructs, and I would really like to have regenerating tomb kings right about now :P

rdonj January 16th, 2009 08:27 PM

Now that the game is pretty much over, I wanted to mention something that's been bugging me about tomb king randoms. They are almost too random. It's very hard to get more than 1 in astral, earth, and air, which makes it very hard to get boosters, site search, etc in those paths without having them on your god. And I am not sure that playing without a good bless is a very good idea for nehekara. In the warhammerama game I got exactly 1 tomb king with 2 earth, but it was a bit too late unfortunately, I just didn't have the earth income to do anything with it. But what really killed me was not getting a single king with more than 1 astral. It's pretty tough expanding your magic diversity with them... at least when you're stuck fighting in 12 or so provinces for the entirety of your existence, involved in ridiculously bloody and devastating wars :P