.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod questions: How do you get dominion spawns? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44374)

Ghill November 21st, 2009 02:51 PM

Mod questions: How do you get dominion spawns?

I don't mean #domspawn for a unit, I mean have units spawn in areas with a nations dominion without needing a commander there. The way Ermor does.

I did a quick search of the forum and found nothing, and I can't find the command in any of the mods I have collected. Can someone tell me how?

Thilock_Dominus November 21st, 2009 03:41 PM

Re: Mod questions: How do you get dominion spawns?

Perhaps selecting Ermor when choosing which nation you want to mod and then mod the spawn monsters.
That would be a workaround.

Ghill November 21st, 2009 04:21 PM

The problem is that I wouldn't be able to see the code for it. When you select an existing nation it just uses that nations info, and makes the changes you make. I still wouldn't know how to change the Dominion Spawns unless I learned the command.

Foodstamp November 21st, 2009 05:17 PM

There is no command for it. Thilock is suggesting that you choose the nation number for Ermor to mod. Then you modify the spawned creatures using #selectmonster for all the creatures autospawned and modifying them.

Alternately, you could modify a spell that autospawns units like Carrion Woods, Haunted Forest, or the one that spawns vine men in your dominion. You could modify the units spawned by the spells just like you would for Ermor, then change the spells casting level to 0, modify the name and the description of the spell, then you would get the desired effect, although not as elegantly as the way Ermor and R'lyeh's effect work.

Finally, you could just create Immobile "gate" units that #domspawn in the provinces they are summoned too.

So there are several ways to do what you want to do. Goodluck.

Ghill November 21st, 2009 06:45 PM

OH! Thanks for the clarification! And thanks for the help guys!

rdonj November 22nd, 2009 03:46 AM

You can get ermor-style dominion spawning by using the #autoundead tag. However, you would have to mod all the units that ermor summons to what you want it to summon in order for it to work.

llamabeast November 22nd, 2009 06:24 AM

Yeah, I think it cannot be done elegantly.

What you could do is have one of the starting units be a unit which autosummoned or domsummoned a load of stuff. That unit might not be possible to acquire any other way, so the nation could not get more of them later on.