.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: StaticGemGens 1.1 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47465)

Soyweiser June 1st, 2011 10:54 AM

StaticGemGens 1.1

1 Attachment(s)
Gem generators have a lot of problems. This mod is a small mod to try and change some of these problems.

It makes the normal gem generators unique (Using the cbm code, it also adds a new earth booster), and adds three new constr7 spells.

These new spells take the place of the normal gem generators. (they have the same paths). They summon immobile fragile commanders who create gems each turn. All these gem generators have an upkeep cost, and cannot be moved.

Create Astral Crystal
25 water gems.
3W1N

Create Frozen Flame
15 fire gems.
1F1N
This commander also spreads disease and causes unrest.

Summon Deep Earth Crystal
45 slaves.
3B2N

This mod uses parts of the Mytheology, CBM, and Avernum mods.

I don't really expect this mod to be used. But I thought it was missing.

Edit:
If anybody uses this, feel free to give feedback. Works for patch 3.27

History:
- fixed small typo
- Spells now work underwater.

PriestyMan June 1st, 2011 01:20 PM

Re: StaticGemGens 1.0

I think your crazy, but if people really want to balance gemgens, this is the right path to do it

Soyweiser June 1st, 2011 06:55 PM

Well I also think I'm crazy. I started this mod ages ago to prove a point to somebody. Or at least I think I did. and it was gnawing at me that I never finished it.

CthulhuDreams June 4th, 2011 11:22 AM

This is a brilliant idea. They are so much more vulnerable as discreet commanders, and less abusable.

Foodstamp June 5th, 2011 06:28 PM

I think this is a really great alternative. Nice work Soy!

Makinus June 8th, 2011 12:40 PM

Did you check to see if the AI uses the new spells? It would be cool if it did.

Any way to use them with CBM (latest version)?

Wrana June 9th, 2011 04:04 AM

Yes, I also thought about such a workaround. However, after CBM crew continued to ban more magic items while making those those for mass attack cheap and easy, I just decided that it's useless to discuss with them - they just play another game! Mind it, they had some good ideas at the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soyweiser (Post 778146)

Pray, what for? IIRC, gem generation and other few traits needed here are all possible to just write up from the scratch using basic modding commands... :confused:

Soyweiser June 9th, 2011 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrana (Post 778510)
Yes, I also thought about such a workaround. However, after CBM crew continued to ban more magic items while making those those for mass attack cheap and easy, I just decided that it's useless to discuss with them - they just play another game! Mind it, they had some good ideas at the time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soyweiser (Post 778146)

Pray, what for? IIRC, gem generation and other few traits needed here are all possible to just write up from the scratch using basic modding commands... :confused:

Mytheology for the monster base. CBM to have the same mod commands as CBM uses for the earth booster and the other item changes. And Avernum for the images.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wrana (Post 778510)
Did you check to see if the AI uses the new spells? It would be cool if it did.

Any way to use them with CBM (latest version)?

Well the only testing I did was just to see if the spells work. Dunno if the AI uses them.

And it should be compatible with the latest CBM version. But once again I did not test extensively.

The mod was just some thing I thought I had to finish sometimes.

Soyweiser June 27th, 2011 02:22 PM

Another option to balance gemgens, give them gluttony. Thanks irc.

Soyweiser March 5th, 2012 09:28 AM

Noticed a bug, the spells are set to be cast above water only. At least the mod works for the newest patch.

Updated the mod. It should now also work underwater.