.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Utility: Sprite Editing Tutorial (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42737)

mabelode August 8th, 2009 08:07 PM

Re: Sprite Editing Tutorial

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BandarLover (Post 704839)
These look very good mabelode! I've no real critique on the pics themselves, Burn hit on everything that needs to be fixed but I love the stylized look you gave them. Kind of reminds me of some of Amos' mods.

Thank you! I have a bunch of mods made by amos and i must say that his style was an inspiration.

My only question is, What the hell is the giant blue summon thing?! It will haunt my dreams, what ever the hell it is. :D

It will be a late game water magic summon, some huge aquatic monster :)

Good job!!

I've attached a picture with the latest things i've done: some color changes and a new unit.

Sombre August 18th, 2009 08:36 AM

Really does look like the same style Amos used.

lch December 4th, 2009 06:32 AM

The images from the tutorial are gone! :cry:

Burnsaber December 4th, 2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lch (Post 720546)
The images from the tutorial are gone! :cry:

Hmm. It seems that xs.to has failed me. I'll upload the images to imageshack and fix the links when I have the time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ballbarian December 4th, 2009 03:15 PM

Why not just host them here? Use your user profile photo albums, or if that is not possible, shoot me a pm.

Burnsaber December 5th, 2009 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballbarian (Post 720586)
Why not just host them here? Use your user profile photo albums, or if that is not possible, shoot me a pm.

Whoa, I can do that? You learn something new everyday.

Burnsaber December 11th, 2009 06:13 PM

Ok, just to educate everyone who is just as oblivilious as me a week ago. Apparently everyone has a "album" in his user profile. You should upload your preview picks and stuff there, you know, just in case that your "reliable" hosting site decides to switch servers and replaces all old images with ads for the new server.

Anyways, pictures are up again.

llamabeast January 10th, 2011 05:03 PM

The longdead sprites were changed since 3.21 (3.24 perhaps?), but until now the sprites were not available. Since they are a fantastic starting point for anyone wanted to make any undead units, I've managed to extract them, using a program written by the legendary lch. For future convenience, I've abused my modding powers to add them Burnsaber's first post in this thread, along with the rest of the sprites.