.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   War Plan Pacific (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Wishlist: Some thought (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=42576)

Skanvak March 14th, 2009 09:11 AM

Some thought

On air craft :

_ Add a possibility for land base aircraft from nearby base to reinforce a battle like ship. Why? Because some bases (especailly in the salomon) are close enough for land base aircraft to reach them in less than a day.

_ add possibility for land base aircraft to make raid (same reason as above)

On Allied Homebase :

_ Compell the mandatory patrol to fight. Because I have been in a situation were I let Ceylan to be bomb to death. My fleet would just avoid combat each turn. Why? because Singapore was my major port and I no incentive to defend Ceylan.

_ I would rather have Ceylan invadable (actually, I would add Calculta and made it invadable)and put Alexandria as non invadable port. Their are several reason for. First is that English troop were not that important on Ceylan, and that Calculta was under land attack by Japanese, so one can argue that a sea invasion as a chance to give the plus to make those base fall.

I wonder if taking India coud have give the Japanese victory. I tend to think no, as they would probably have hold only the east coast and the British would not have sign a separate peace.

_ I think that Brisbane too should be invadable, but that is a more complicated. That would result as a Japanese instant victory.

_ Make Brisbane and Ceylan (may be Calculta) invadable only if they port value is reduce to aport value of zero (that would be an incentive to defend the british home bases).

I don't really want to go further because, I still want the game to be simple and fast to play.

One last thing. Why not make the game fully moddable? it would have been fun to change the map, the ship and so on... Well I love tool box.

S.R. Krol March 14th, 2009 12:22 PM

Re: Some thought

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skanvak (Post 679924)
One last thing. Why not make the game fully moddable? it would have been fun to change the map, the ship and so on... Well I love tool box.

My understanding about not being able to mod the graphics is due to it being a XNA based game.

MarkL March 14th, 2009 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skanvak (Post 679924)
On air craft :

_ Add a possibility for land base aircraft from nearby base to reinforce a battle like ship. Why? Because some bases (especailly in the salomon) are close enough for land base aircraft to reach them in less than a day.

_ add possibility for land base aircraft to make raid (same reason as above)

This is something I would really like to see implemented.

Cheers MarkL

Skanvak October 25th, 2009 08:28 AM

As post became sscrce. I wonder if there is a sligth chance to the at least some of those improvement implemented? Or is developpement of this game stopped?

Strider October 25th, 2009 10:43 PM

I'm under the impression there is another patch coming out sometime. I haven't heard of any E.T.A. on it.