.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   TO&Es (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   New Russian vehicles (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50993)

DRG October 18th, 2015 12:00 PM

New Russian vehicles

I've created multiple Icons for

MTR-MIC Boomerang
MBP Armata
BTR-MD
2S35
Kurganets 25 APC
T-14 Armata

Did I miss anything ?

Don

FASTBOAT TOUGH October 19th, 2015 01:19 AM

Re: New Russian vehicles

Yes, but not much I have some additional APC and SPA units I've been tracking. I can't get to it now as you'll see I've posted more on the tank issue from yesterday.

Regards,
Pat

FASTBOAT TOUGH October 19th, 2015 02:25 AM

I can't believe what just happened-simply-is there a way Shrapnel Games can give us more time to edit a post from 30min to at least an hour? I'm leaving it there as you probably figured out what just happened with my :pc: abilities. The actual typing smilie types faster (How embarrassing is that?) than I do which is why I use the other.

Not Very Happy,
Pat

Suhiir October 19th, 2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 831692)
I've created multiple Icons for

MTR-MIC Boomerang
MBP Armata
BTR-MD
2S35
Kurganets 25 APC
T-14 Armata

Did I miss anything ?

Don

Semi-related side question -
Did you grab the icons scorpio_rocks made for the LVSR?

DRG October 19th, 2015 05:23 PM

Not that I'm aware of

Suhiir October 19th, 2015 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
His work certainly not mine!

DRG October 19th, 2015 07:57 PM

OK.......remind me why these are needed in the game. I can't see a reason

Suhiir October 20th, 2015 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 831725)
OK.......remind me why these are needed in the game. I can't see a reason

Currently using Icon 876 for the LVSR as a placeholder as there are no actual icons for it, these are simply icons for an actual LVSR.

DRG October 20th, 2015 08:16 AM

I guess what I should have asked was- why do we have the vehicle as an arty prime mover in that OOB when it's not used for that purpose in RL ? At best it could be used as a heavy tank transport but that's not it's RL use either according to this so the question wasn't why do we need that Icon it's why do we need that unit.......maybe as a barge carrier....maybe. I can see why it's an important vehicle to USMC but not the game

MK14 Flatbed is 20 feet (6.1 m) long and features locks for ISO containers. The MK14 can hold a single twenty-foot equivalent unit (TEU) sized container, or three SIXCON units (pump or tank modules). There are also accommodations for tie-down hooks and ratchet straps for securing cargo. When equipped with a tow bar, two MK14's can be joined and towed by a single MK48 power unit. This is referred to as a 'Tandem Tow' or 'TT'.
MK15 Recovery Vehicle is capable of recovering LVSs, MTVRs and Humvees.
MK16 Fifth-wheel is designed to tow the M870 family of semi-trailers. It is the shortest of the FPU/RBU combinations, creating a smaller turning radius. This is useful, as when towing an M870 trailer, it becomes the Marine Corps longest tactical vehicle.
MK17 Material Handling Crane (MHC), features a slightly shorter flatbed (8 by 16 feet (2.4 by 4.9 m)) than the MK14. This is to accommodate the MHC at the rear of the unit. The boom is rated at a maximum lifting capacity of 15,000 pounds (6,800 kg). The MK17 can also be fitted with benches to carry 20 combat-loaded Marines. This is rare however, as personnel transport is now mainly handled by MTVRs and HMMWVs.
MK18/18A1 Self-Loader is capable of loading ribbon bridges, small boats, containers, and SIXCON modules with no external heavy-equipment support. The 18A1 features improvements to the loading and offloading process. The 18A1 features a prominent 'stick-figure'-shaped Front Lift Adapter (FLA) rising from the middle of the vehicle.

cronos0738 October 20th, 2015 12:33 PM

DRG, maybe I've you missed:

Typhoon (AFV family)

KamAZ-63968 Typhoon-K
Ural-63095 Typhoon
KamAZ-63969 Typhoon MRAP
Ural-63099

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typhoon_(AFV_family)

Regards.

Cronos.