.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Pythium vs Ermor ? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48638)

Ragnarok-X April 6th, 2012 09:25 AM

Pythium vs Ermor ?

So basicly its an allout war and im going to take all my arch/theurgs to a huge battle soon.
Should i just set them to banishment or make a huge communion, calling the arch theugs master in order to get a better AoE and pierce on the banishment ? What would be a good ratio of master/slave ?

shatner April 6th, 2012 10:58 AM

Re: Pythium vs Ermor ?

Well, divine magic is very communion-friendly since it is fatigue-0. If you just have 4 communicants tag along and do nothing, all of your theurges are suddenly H4s and your archtheurges are H5s for high-damage, high-mr piercing, wide-area banishment spam. The point is, even if all you have are 8 theurges in your force, you should set the first two to cast communion slave and everyone afterwards to cast communion master so you've got the equivalent firepower of 6 archtheurges without having to have those old codgers leave the capital. If you have 4 or more slaves, have one of the masters cast Power of the Spheres for further path-boosting goodness.

Soyweiser April 6th, 2012 03:27 PM

I would try to get stellar cascades up personally. Unless you go up against an all undead force, cascades (with proper reverse communion power of the spheres and light of the north star boosts) is way stronger.

Mightypeon April 8th, 2012 07:49 AM

If I remember correctly (This is a "I think" not an "I Know"), Holy levels act different from other magic levels as far as communion boosting goes.

bbz April 8th, 2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightypeon (Post 801005)
If I remember correctly (This is a "I think" not an "I Know"), Holy levels act different from other magic levels as far as communion boosting goes.

What do you mean act differently? You can have 1 holy 1 communion master with 4 slaves casting divine blessing so I don't see how its different.

Mightypeon April 8th, 2012 09:42 AM

I heard that holy can only be boosted by 1 via communions, but then, Banishment with Holey 3 is actually already quite heavy.

bbz April 8th, 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightypeon (Post 801010)
I heard that holy can only be boosted by 1 via communions, but then, Banishment with Holey 3 is actually already quite heavy.

Another test: holy 1 guy casting fanaticism with 8 slaves.
I think what you've heard is just rumors.

Mightypeon April 9th, 2012 11:03 AM

Thank for the correction!

bbz April 9th, 2012 11:50 AM

No worries. Glad to be of some help:)

samoht April 12th, 2012 11:26 AM

Or you could just attack TC and leave me alone? He is a much larger threat right now and handling me quite well by himself.

Just throwing that out there... :)