.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Info: Summoning Healer Commanders (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43076)

Atreidi May 9th, 2009 01:25 PM

Summoning Healer Commanders

What are some of the Healer Commanders that you can summon?

Edi May 9th, 2009 02:40 PM

Re: Summoning Healer Commanders

Faerie Queen is pretty much the only one. You can wish for some others, like Mother of Serpents, Priestess and some others. Caelum has one or two unique summonables in the Spentas.

chrispedersen May 9th, 2009 03:00 PM

Seems as if you are going to wish for a healer you might as well wish for an arco priestess. 100 healer....

ano May 9th, 2009 04:02 PM

I doubt it makes sense wishing for a healer that you'll have to GoR after that. Better wish for chalice if you need to heal someone or cast GoH.

ano May 9th, 2009 04:06 PM

There're some national summons that may heal. For example, Hinnom/Ashdod/Gath have Arel who is a pretty good healer.

Edi May 9th, 2009 04:19 PM

Ano's got it right. But besides the few national summons and faerie queen, wishing is the only way to get healers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrispedersen (Post 690065)
Seems as if you are going to wish for a healer you might as well wish for an arco priestess. 100 healer....

So is the Mother of Serpents and she's a SC chassis on top of that, not nearly as fragile as a priestess.

Frozen Lama May 9th, 2009 04:22 PM

well actually there are also healer heros for some nations. Sauro gets a hero who's a healer. kinda goes with unique summons that ano mentioned

JimMorrison May 9th, 2009 04:30 PM

No, it makes sense to Wish for a (100) Healer if there is another nation that is Wishing the Chalice back. Talking about a whole lot of pearls, but if you can't expect the Chalice to hang around, this is the other option.

chrispedersen May 9th, 2009 05:03 PM

Course, I'd be hard pressed to think of a time I ever would (wish for a healer - faerie queens are just a better deal).

Speaking of healers - did hinnom's healer get *better*?
I remember her being like heal 20... latest past she's a heal 50 which is down right up right.

JimMorrison May 9th, 2009 11:05 PM

Well FQ are Heal (30), for 50N, isn't it? If you're clamming and perhaps slim on N income to begin with, 50 a pop will drain you fast. But for the investment, you could have the Lady of Serpents with Heal (100), a potential SC, and hordes of free-spawn chaff serpents while she sits in your highest dominion.

Honestly, I think FQ are a pretty crappy deal, for the most part. :(