.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Need feedback testing (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52682)

DRG April 8th, 2021 10:50 AM

Need feedback testing

This is to anyone who reads this today ( April 8/ 2021 ) and can spare a minute.

Please test MBT starting from GameOptions using Show Introduction YES and let me know if you have any problems showing the intro screen and also tell me if you normally run that on or off AND if you run it as DirectX or GDI

I need as many responses as possible.

Thanks

Don

Karagin April 8th, 2021 11:27 AM

Re: Need feedback testing

I get the picture of the tank and the two logos and then the game drops me into the Scenario List showing and the buttons to go to other areas.

DRG April 8th, 2021 11:44 AM

I had it hang up after rebuilding the full game installer but it might have been the number of things I had going at the same time that short-circuited it but Andy reports no problem and on reboot, I had no problem either but I thought getting some feedback here from a number of players would be worth having just in case

halstein April 8th, 2021 12:24 PM

Run with GDI.
Game opened normally.

FASTBOAT TOUGH April 8th, 2021 12:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm doing it with "Snip & Sketch". Note I do get the "middle" screen between the two following. Also the game opens normally, with no issues, hope this helps.
Attachment 16375

Attachment 16376

OR NOT... SSssHhh!

From T to B/L to R as I see it...

Show Introduction Yes

Game Mode Windowed DirectX

Screen/Window Size Desktop

Default Battle Pairing USA v Russia

Battle Date June 1967

As noted above no deviations to game option screen.

Gotta get ready for work NOW!!

Regards,
Pat
:capt:

WilliamB April 8th, 2021 01:27 PM

The game started without any problems. I always run WinSPMBT with show introduction off, DirectX.

RetLT April 8th, 2021 01:33 PM

I get a blurry shot of a tank and have to hit the space bar to go to the menu.

I use Direct x and usually run the game with the intro off.

DRG April 8th, 2021 03:36 PM

OK. Thanks everyone. I have the confirmation that the problem was the result of everything else I was doing when I tried to start the game. I've started it now a dozen time since with the intro screen and it works perfectly. I was a bit panicked at first because I normally have it off and I cannot remember the last time I had it on

Mobhack April 8th, 2021 03:36 PM

I deliberately added a switch to let users turn the introductory splash screen off/on because they get old very fast. If I boot up Civ IV then there are like 3 different splash movies, each requiring one to hit escape if one wants to get going quickly without being bothered by them.

DRG April 8th, 2021 03:42 PM

I suppose we could cut the time they show. It's about 8 seconds now and probably 2 would be enough to not be annoying. MBT has just one but WW2 has 14 different ones but it ends right away with a tap of the spacebar