.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: Rand-dom Dawn (pbem) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43091)

Zeldor May 12th, 2009 12:20 PM

Re: RAND-DOM DAWN (RDD) - PBEM Game

I don't think it should be higher than 5-6 caps to win. We don't want the game to get to nowhere, like for example Artifacts.

DonCorazon May 12th, 2009 12:42 PM

I vote for 5 VPs.

Micah May 12th, 2009 01:02 PM

Artifacts' quagmire doesn't have much to do with the VP threshold, it would still be going even if it was at 7 or 8 instead of 10.

quantum_mechani May 12th, 2009 02:02 PM

I vote 5 vp to win.

okiN May 12th, 2009 02:32 PM

Sounds fine to me, though I wouldn't particularly mind six. Five might happen surprisingly quickly.

Zeldor May 12th, 2009 03:04 PM

Pasha:

You need to make announcement about water nation.

And of course Caelum starts wiht 1 prov, not 3?

Micah May 12th, 2009 03:59 PM

I'll put in a vote for 6-7 VPs now that I've thought about it and had a chance to look at the map.

djo May 12th, 2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llamabeast (Post 690446)
(by that time I will hopefully have finished my thesis and be a real person again!).

I think you misunderstand the concept of "thesis". Once you finish, you will never be a real person again. Grad school is designed to rip await your normalcy, shred by shred, until the last traces are bound in your thesis and shelved, never to be seen again.

PashaDawg May 12th, 2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeldor (Post 690547)
Pasha:

You need to make announcement about water nation.

And of course Caelum starts wiht 1 prov, not 3?

Hi Zeldor:

I have given the water nation a choice between Oceania and Atlantis. Once I know his choice, I will announce it.

I think it is wise for Caelum to start with only 1 province. I agree with Jurri's previous advice. (If the Caelum player strongly disagrees, then I will hear his argument. :) )

Pasha

PashaDawg May 12th, 2009 11:52 PM

Hello:

This game is closed to additional players. The limit for the scenario is 12 players. Sorry to those who expressed interest but are excluded. There will likely be another RAND game, and of course, there is nothing that prevents other folk from hosting a RAND game. (The problem is that the host cannot play because he/she must know the ID of the players.)

Pasha