.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Dominions II In-Game Typos (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=16619)

Karacan October 6th, 2004 10:54 AM

Re: Dominions II In-Game Typos

When a unit is mistformed in battle (due to the spell), the mistform icon's description says somewhere "ben" instead of "been".

Cainehill October 24th, 2004 12:12 AM

Wish's Armageddon (I'm guessing that's what it was) has a typo, when it says "The entire earth trembled in the most powerful earthquake every seen." The word "every" should be the word "ever".

SafeKeeper October 24th, 2004 09:45 PM

Quote:

“A group of visiting heroes have decided to rid this province from your unfair rulership”. I’d say Visiting heroes have, or A group of visiting heroes decided.

You overlooked "rid from". It should be "rid of".

Quote:

“Heavy snowfalls has blocked important mountain roads”. Have.

I beg to differ. It's "snowfalls" that should be changed to "snowfall".

Quote:

“A grand festival was held in your honour”. Replace by honor.

[AND]

In different Messages: replace defence by defense.

[AND]

“An old tower surrounded by wisps of mist was found on a high mountaintop. The owner of the tower agreed to help you for a meagre fifty pounds of gold and a couple of virgins”. Replace meagre by meager.

[AND]

“Trolls living under bridges have killed and eaten travellers crossing the bridges”. Travelers.

Nope. Ever heard of this island Kingdom called Britain, friend?

Oh, and my additions:
In English, nationalities etc. are ALWAYS capitalized ("Swede" instead of "swede", for example). Thus, nationalities, nations, etc. have to start with a capital letter even if in the middle of a sentence.

Quote:

Its also not the primary language, or even the language at all, for the beta testers. There a few English checkers that help alot in that area But feel free to keep posting any grammatical errors you find.

If the testers are Swedish, they know English. Trust me on that. Oh, and it's supposed to be "it's", not "its" in that context.

By the way, I can't believe people don't even capitalize letters in a thread on typoes and grammatical errors...

SafeKeeper October 25th, 2004 08:54 PM

"Que" is supposed to be "queue".

Edi November 12th, 2004 05:48 PM

New typo: Underwater magic site, Air 3, Imprizoned Zephyr should be Imprisoned Zephyr. Nasty for mapmakers if they want to place one and assume sites are spelled correctly.

Edi

Edi November 13th, 2004 06:00 PM

Another typo: Hoburg Champion description text refers to being armed with a mace, when they are armed with a short sword.

Edi

ioticus November 15th, 2004 10:04 PM

Capital is misspelled (capitial) under the description of Immortal.

Alneyan November 27th, 2004 10:27 AM

A season is often (always?) used to describe a turn, while a turn Lasts only one month. A season Lasts three turns in the game: Early Summer, Summer, Late Summer for example.

Kristoffer O November 28th, 2004 05:36 AM

Turns was mostly thought of as seasons (three months) in dom1. In dom2 we changed it to months. Ther might be residual references to seasons in certain descriptions. If you find any you can post about it here. We havn't given it much thought, but as it can be confusing to neebies it is probably best if it is fixed.

Alneyan November 28th, 2004 07:24 AM

I didn't recall that about Dom 1. Hmm... So, in Dom 2:

* In the Pretender descriptions, the Daughter of the Land is said to bring two water gems per season.
* Magic items: the Clam of Pearls is said to bring one astral pearl per season. The Blood Stone produces "a small amount of magic Earth gems each year"; the "small" part might be confusing, as it still produces one gem per turn, as the other similar items.
* Spells: Eternal Pyre is said to produce 20 fire gems each season, while it does so every turn.

These are the ones I can recall on top of my head; there may be a few other descriptions where seasons are used to describe turns.