.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Horror Seed on Immortal commanders (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43054)

PsiSoldier May 6th, 2009 06:17 PM

Horror Seed on Immortal commanders

Ok I believe in a game I am in that an opponent managed to cast Horror seed on my Wraith Lord that was sent out of his dome protected home to counter an enemy incursion (which amusingly enough is a tactic I used myself a few turns ago in a different game) Now a few turns later I notice that I have several horror marked commanders in my dome protected province. Ive got a Dome of Solid Air up so I'm pretty sure that nothing made it through into that province since the dome is still up which points the finger pretty well at my Wraith Lord as the most likely host of the Horror Seed.

Being that the Wraith Lord is Immortal.. If I send him into another province under friendly dominion with the purpose of getting killed when he died in that province would the Horror Seed be released? or would it just continue and start marking all the commanders in my Capital when the Wraith Lord reappears there?

Also... The parasitic Horrors that are marked from the Original Horror Seeded commander dont continue to mark others do they? if so I'm kind of screwed as I have Horror Marked Telastic Animations that I cannot move out and Quarantine if that is the case, and I have a lot of PD in the province in question so I cant just set them to patrol and pay someone to cast call of winds to kill the marked Telastic Animation's...:doh:

Trumanator May 6th, 2009 07:01 PM

Re: Horror Seed on Immortal commanders

Just out of curiosity, how effective IS Horror Seed? Is it merely an annoyance, or can it actually be a real pain.

PsiSoldier May 6th, 2009 07:09 PM

Ive only been in one game where I suspected Horror seed had been cast on me where the game continued long enough for me to notice the effects.. Eventually I began having several commanders per turn who were attacked by Horrors. At that point it was pretty much a pain since many of them were unable to cast effective spells to kill horrors like Frozen heart, incinerate etc..

Granted Horror seed may not have been the real cause in that game because I was using Lightless lanterns for research, but if memory serves I did have commanders being attacked by horrors that had never used the lanterns..

chrispedersen May 6th, 2009 08:41 PM

I love horror seed - but I have no idea how effective it is.

quantum_mechani May 6th, 2009 09:01 PM

Horror seed has absolutely no effect, other than releasing a horror when the original targeted unit dies in battle, in which case it creates a horror ala the summon horror spell.

Tolkien May 6th, 2009 10:25 PM

Really? From what I've gathered from the manual and everything, it spreads 5 horror marks a turn and 1 horror seed a turn.

I'm going to go test that out.

JimMorrison May 6th, 2009 10:42 PM

I think we need lch. :p

Atreidi May 7th, 2009 02:45 AM

I've always wanted to know how effective this spell was..... Any one got any facts?

Kuritza May 7th, 2009 03:13 AM

I have tested it in single player several times. Generally speaking, horror seed does nothing. You can cast it if you have too many blood slaves and astral-blood mages, just dont expect anything in return.

In my test game, I have cast Astral corruption and bombarded second capitol (also player-controlled, to see the results) with horror seeds for quite a some time. Then I skipped several turns and logged on to Player 2 to see what happened.

Nothing. :)

Atreidi May 7th, 2009 03:17 AM

Sooooo, horror seed is a lie?