.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Noob question - scripting (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43465)

Skinu June 30th, 2009 12:37 AM

Noob question - scripting

Hello, thank you in advance for reading this.

Im test playing Mictlan LA, my priest king is 2b 2n, and ive researched blood 2 spells. I script him to cast - Hellpower, Reinvigoration, Blood burst. Something goes wrong.

Sometimes he will case hell power but get no bonus, but most of the time he just does whatever the hell he wants completely ignoring the script, I have abundant blood slaves for him to draw from.

Frozen Lama June 30th, 2009 12:42 AM

Re: Noob question - scripting

what kind of opposition is he facing? sometimes he decides its not worth the slaves

Dragar June 30th, 2009 01:59 AM

I've also had problems with hell power not giving a bonus before, never really investigated it. Does it work for most people?

Illuminated One June 30th, 2009 08:57 AM

Hellpower needs 3 slaves and can only be cast correctly by a b3 mage afaik.

Sombre June 30th, 2009 09:46 AM

Well he says he mages are casting it some of the time. I wonder what the difference is. Probably size of opposing army. Also possible it's due to enc from extreme heat or cold? It can't be cast underwater either.

Frozen Lama June 30th, 2009 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illuminated One (Post 698724)
Hellpower needs 3 slaves and can only be cast correctly by a b3 mage afaik.

I'm assuming he's using a slave to increase his level right?

LumenPlacidum June 30th, 2009 10:12 AM

Wouldn't that go over the 1 "gem" per level limit on a spell cast? Or, does blood disobey that with slaughtering those slaves? If he's blood 2, he cannot spend 4 slaves to cast a blood 3 spell because it's using too many "gems"

Illuminated One June 30th, 2009 10:56 AM

Well, iirc I had a similar problem (trying to hellpower a vampire count) and he cast hellpower without getting anything out of it and imediately cast another spell (before the enemy cast his spells), which is buggy.
I've always supposed that a b2 mage could use 2 slaves max.
I think the AI doesn't get that during spell selection tries to cast the spell, generating "x has cast Hellpower", realizes that he can't cast it and tries to cast another spell instead ("x has cast spell y").

capnq June 30th, 2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LumenPlacidum (Post 698737)
Wouldn't that go over the 1 "gem" per level limit on a spell cast? Or, does blood disobey that with slaughtering those slaves? If he's blood 2, he cannot spend 4 slaves to cast a blood 3 spell because it's using too many "gems"

That limit only apllies to how many gems/slaves the mage can spend for one level boost plus fatigue reduction, not to the casting cost of the spell.

thejeff June 30th, 2009 05:26 PM

False.
1 gem per level is a hard limit. Base spell cost, level raising, fatigue reduction, all of it.
The 2b priest king should not be able to cast it at all.

A 3B mage could cast it, but not use any extra slaves to reduce fatigue.