.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Conquest of Elysium 3 dev log (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47712)

Strabo February 13th, 2012 08:18 AM

Re: Conquest of Elysium 3 dev log

Dev log says, that CoE3 has became version 3.00. Does this mean, that the game will be released sooner or am I just getting too excited?

Gandalf Parker February 13th, 2012 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragnarok-X (Post 795270)
I understand that, but still.
Firstly, from a lore angle, scaling everything by 10 is easy. if a human is 10, then a orc is pretty much 12, maybe 13, while a elf is likely 8 to 9.

But if the base is 5, the relationship becomes more difficult.
I always liked all the details in Dom3, and the ability to imagine a creature by comparing its stats to a human always appealed to the nerd in me.

True enough. But Pros and Cons.
The range on Dom3 allowed for far more variation. But it also led to the continual complaints of imbalance and incessant modding to "fix" the "massively broken" game by tweaking things 1 point up and down. The game would never have a chance to seem to satisfy most of the players.

Gandalf Parker February 13th, 2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strabo (Post 795425)
Dev log says, that CoE3 has became version 3.00. Does this mean, that the game will be released sooner or am I just getting too excited?

Good catch.
But that note really means that 3.00 has been released to the beta testers.

Edi February 13th, 2012 09:57 AM

Exactly. And once we've given it a spin to verify there aren't any showstoppers in there, Illwinter will start the process of getting it available through Desura.

The release date is still scheduled for 20th, but if it does come out earlier, the progress page is the place to watch.

Jack_Trowell February 13th, 2012 11:51 AM

So a relase a few days early is still possible ? Good to know, thanks for the information.

My F5 key however does not thank you and will probably die soon and need to be raised. ;)

onomastikon February 13th, 2012 12:22 PM

Take your time! I'd much rather wait a quantum (week? month?) than be plagued with things-to-be-fixed

Thilock_Dominus February 13th, 2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onomastikon (Post 795439)
Take your time! I'd much rather wait a quantum (week? month?) than be plagued with things-to-be-fixed

Agreed. Better wait a bit longer than getting buggy product earlier, even though I'm feeling like a kid at Christmas eve. :p

To the beta testers:
Are there units that are affected by season(s), like in Dom3 (like extra strong in winter)? Especially when the seasons are much bigger part of CoE3?

Edi February 13th, 2012 03:37 PM

So far none that I have seen and one would expect the Winter Wolf to be stronger in winter.

samoht February 14th, 2012 12:09 AM

I just noticed on Desura that the release got bumped from the 20th to the 19th.

SQUEEEEEE!!! :happy:

Is there going to be an official forum?

Edi February 14th, 2012 02:11 AM

No final word yet, but presumably the Desura forum.