.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   STM "Final v1.7.5" Discussion (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=9755)

PvK July 10th, 2003 08:36 AM

Re: STM "Final v1.7.5" Discussion

How about a screenshot?

snakeye July 10th, 2003 12:40 PM

AT, I 've been to the site and I am getting a "File not found" on the download link. Has the file been retracted?

General Woundwort July 10th, 2003 12:49 PM

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one...

snakeye July 10th, 2003 02:13 PM

Suggestion/Question here:

D/l the modder program and was looking to mod the AST MOD technologies. Was specificaly trying to make the Borg Boarding parties able to transport through normal shields. But cannot see how this is even possible. Anybody has tried/know anything about this?

Mudshark July 10th, 2003 10:43 PM

The link didn't work for me either. Well, at least past the password.

Captain Kwok July 10th, 2003 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by snakeye:
Suggestion/Question here:

D/l the modder program and was looking to mod the AST MOD technologies. Was specificaly trying to make the Borg Boarding parties able to transport through normal shields. But cannot see how this is even possible. Anybody has tried/know anything about this?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You cannot have boarding parties pass through any types of shields...it's hard-coded. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/tongue.gif

General Woundwort July 10th, 2003 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by snakeye:
AT, I 've been to the site and I am getting a "File not found" on the download link. Has the file been retracted?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I want my ST Mod Beta!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung...smiley-042.gif

I want my ST Mod Beta!

I want my ST Mod Beta!

Sorry, had a bit of a "Narf moment" there. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Atrocities July 10th, 2003 11:41 PM

Ok guys, It worked Last night, but for some reason it no work to day. I have fixed the link and have also emailed you all a direct link to download the mod.

Thanks and enjoy.

narf poit chez BOOM July 11th, 2003 12:02 AM

*AHEM*

an eight-foot mouse stares at general Woundwart. somehow, the comical picture is offset by the huge hammer held comfortably in the mouses hands.

a CENSORED wall is lowered.

"WILL YOU RETRACT YOUR STATEMENT?"

"AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!"

suddenly, the wall falls down, revealing narf lying on a lawn-chair while a gopher - literally - serves him chilled apple-juice. general Woundwart is busy with his drink and lawn-chair while a highly sophisticated computer set up to a speaker continues:

"IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE! I COULD WHACK YOU WHILE SWINGING THE HAMMER WITH BOTH HANDS!

everyone looks up in supprise.

"oops"

Atrocities July 11th, 2003 12:10 AM

Image BMP

Its crude, but it can be improved upon.

Atrocities July 11th, 2003 12:33 AM

NEW COMPONENTS FOR THE IMAGE MOD

New Components Zip

These additional component images are for use with the Star Trek mod by Captain Kowk and Atrocities.

961 - 962 - 963 - 970 - 979 - 980 - 981 - 982 - 983 & 984 are recolored original components
965 - 966 - 967 - 968 - 969 were created by Captain Kwok for the Star Trek Mod
971 - 972 - 973 - 974 - 975 - 976 - 977 & 978 are images from Activision Elite Force I and II.

General Woundwort July 11th, 2003 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by narf poit chez BOOM:
suddenly, the wall falls down, revealing narf lying on a lawn-chair while a gopher - literally - serves him chilled apple-juice. general Woundwart is busy with his drink and lawn-chair while a highly sophisticated computer set up to a speaker continues:

"IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE! I COULD WHACK YOU WHILE SWINGING THE HAMMER WITH BOTH HANDS!

everyone looks up in supprise.

"oops"

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, Narf. I needed a good laugh right now. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Atrocities July 11th, 2003 12:55 AM

HEY GUYS

Fyron has pointed out that I am using an oldere Version of the Components Image mod, v1.11 and not 1.14. I sware that I got this only a few days ago from the http://www.geocities.com/hohoho611ca/imagepack2sg.html
site and I had no idea it was out of date.

PLEASE say NO to any file that wants to overwrite in the Components folder. In stead unzip it to the Star Trek Mod Pictures Components folder. You might have to make the Components folder. I will fix this on the next update. I have to renumber all of the components and such. Sorry about this guys.

Atrocities July 11th, 2003 01:59 AM

Here is the updated Components for the Star Trek Mod for the image mod components Version 1.14.

New Components STM

These additional components are for use with the Star Trek mod by Captain Kowk and Atrocities.

1177 - 1178 - 1179 - 1180 - 1186 - 1195 - 1196 - 1197 - 1198 - 1199 & 1200 are recolored original components
1181 - 1182 - 1183 - 1184 - 1185 were created by Captain Kwok for the Star Trek Mod
1187 - 1188 - 1189 - 1190 - 1191 - 1192 - 1193 & 1194 are images from Activision Elite Force I and II.

Again you can place these images in the Star Trek Mod / Pictures / Components folder, or in the Space EmpiresIV / Pictures/ Components folder.

You might have to create a components folder for the STM, but that is not hard to do.

Sorry about this, but the site I got 1.11 Version from appeared to be up to date.

Krsqk July 11th, 2003 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Atrocities:
HEY GUYS

Fyron has pointed out that I am using an oldere Version of the Components Image mod, v1.11 and not 1.14. I sware that I got this only a few days ago from the http://www.geocities.com/hohoho611ca/imagepack2sg.html
site and I had no idea it was out of date.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I d/led it just Last night, and it was v1.11. I don't know where v1.14 is.

Phoenix-D July 11th, 2003 02:32 AM

1.14 is on my mirror, and Fyron, Zarix, the primary..basiclly every one except the Last Resort (1.11 to 1.12 patch) and the "Shrapnel games" (geocities) mirror you posted.

Atrocities July 11th, 2003 05:20 AM

So far Fyron has given me some good feed back and reported a few problems. 3 missing files, and the fact that I used out dated Versions of the image mod, USM, and FQ mods.

Things that I have fixed so far:

Star Trek Beta v0.9.1

- Added: EmperorNames.txt
- Added: EmpireNames.txt
- Added: EmpireTypes.txt
- Updated: Components Image Mod to 1.14 (thank you Fyron)
- Updated: New Componets to work with Components mod 1.14
- Changed: Monolith I - III from 1500, 1700, 1900, to 500, 700, 900 resources generated per turn.
- Changed: Bussard Collector Supplies Generated from 100 to 50.
- Updated: The Fyron Quadrant Mod to FQM Delux 2.04
- Modified: FQM Delux to not use extra nebula bmps (keeps the size of the over all od down.)

[ July 11, 2003, 09:44: Message edited by: Atrocities ]

Fyron July 11th, 2003 07:13 AM

Quote:

- Updated: The Fyron Quadrant Mod to FQM Delux 2.4
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eherm... it is 2.04. 2.4 would be the 41st Version of FQM Deluxe. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

narf poit chez BOOM July 11th, 2003 07:47 AM

thanks. i worked hard on that.

oh, look! A MICROSCOPIC SPLINTER!

yep, i'll stop now.

Atrocities July 11th, 2003 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Imperator Fyron:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> - Updated: The Fyron Quadrant Mod to FQM Delux 2.4
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Eherm... it is 2.04. 2.4 would be the 41st Version of FQM Deluxe. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is why you are the Great Fyron. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif Without you I would be lost. Duhhhhh I r hi-sckool gardjewuart.

Atrocities July 11th, 2003 10:51 AM

I was just over at the www.astmod.com page and noticed that CNC has posted a new update for the AST mod. The complete mod is now 1.9.3 I think. He also has a patch out to.

Just in case you did not ready my new thread about concept ships and races, I will post it here to. Concept ships and new Races

I am kinda proud of these new ships. SO DON'T make fun of them! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

[ July 11, 2003, 09:53: Message edited by: Atrocities ]

minipol July 11th, 2003 03:24 PM

Yeah, these new ships are very cool!

Atrocities July 11th, 2003 06:15 PM

Error reported.

In the Cardassian Folder please rename the Cardassian_Portrait_BattleCruiser1 to BattleCruiser.

This should stop the "Missing image" error that you are getting at start up. For the next patch I sincerely hope that Aaron give us the option to turn off that random image display during player set up.

Thanks for the reports.

Atrocities July 11th, 2003 06:29 PM

My Computer crashed this morning while I was receiving mail. SO IF YOU EMAILED ME about joining the Beta, @ atrocities@astmod.com please resend it to me at that email or startrekmod@astmod.com Thanks.

(Frank)

snakeye July 12th, 2003 01:15 AM

Make fun of them???? HUH??? I took a look and they look REALLY COOL! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon6.gif I might be many things AT, but BLIND and MORON isnt one of them!

GOOD WORK! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif (as always!)

Snakeye

Atrocities July 13th, 2003 07:55 AM

Bump

I will be away for a few days off and on. PLEASE feel free to discuss the mods pros and cons, errors, suggestions, ideas, feedback good or bad is needed and much appreciated.

TNZ July 14th, 2003 12:01 AM

Information on Interface.

I found this (All of the cursors, menus and main screen borders are contained in the Pictures\Game directory. While on modification currently changes these graphics, it is possible to create “total conVersions”) in the Space Empires IV Gold Users Manual, Page 84

I also found a web site that might be useful in making a new interface.

www.fabuloussavers.com/stthemes.shtml

Original email to startrekmod@astmod.com

TNZ July 14th, 2003 12:12 AM

Idea for better AI weapon selection.

The A section is currently used for torpedo and missile type weapon. This is why the AI ships used so many torpedo and missile. The B section is currently used for the beam type weapons. This is why the AI ships used so few Beam weapons. In Star Trek, ships seem to have more beam weapons and fewer torpedo and missile weapons. This could be achieved by using the A section for beam weapons and the B section for torpedo and missile weapons.

Weapon family picks are rated from one to five, one being the most preferred and five the least preferred. If the weapon family picks were changed, the AI could used any weapon you wanted it too. The section in bold are weapon type, this is how the AI identifies weapon Components.

I don’t know if this information is widely known or not.

Name := Attack Ship
Design Type := Attack Ship
Vehicle Type := Ship
Default Strategy := Optimal Firing Range
Size Minimum Tonnage := 10
Size Maximum Tonnage := 5000
Num Must Have At Least 1 Ability := 1
Must Have Ability 1 := Weapon
Minimum Speed := 2
Desired Speed := 2

(A section)
Majority Weapon Family Pick 1 := 20
Majority Weapon Family Pick 2 := 4
Majority Weapon Family Pick 3 := 25
Majority Weapon Family Pick 4 := 0
Majority Weapon Family Pick 5 := 0

(B sections)
Secondary Weapon Family Pick 1 := 1
Secondary Weapon Family Pick 2 := 0
Secondary Weapon Family Pick 3 := 0
Secondary Weapon Family Pick 4 := 0
Secondary Weapon Family Pick 5 := 0

Shields Spaces Per One := 200
Armor Spaces Per One := 1200
Majority Comp Spaces Per One := 1200
Majority Comp Ability := Weapon
Secondary Comp Spaces Per One := 500
Secondary Comp Ability := Weapon

Example form Star Trek Mod Federation AI Design Creation.

General Woundwort July 14th, 2003 02:06 AM

I am puzzled.

I ran a quick-start game (Feds) and found the movement system to be quite challenging. In fact, I couldn't design a ship with more than 1500 supplies, and the way the ships moved that could get eaten up just moving through two solar systems.

I also ran a start-from-scratch game (Feds with some production percentages), and this time, when I designed ships, supply availabilty and usage were closer to SEIV norms.

Whaddablazes is going on? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...s/confused.gif

Atrocities July 14th, 2003 03:32 AM

General, thanks for the post, I will check this out. Captain Kwok has sent me his propulsion modle and I have not yet had a chance to convert the game over and test it. The current propulsion modle is close to that used by Proportions Mod.

The supply usage is on purpose. There are two systems that can improve the use of supplies and as you improve your technology supply use should go down.

Use the Bussard Collectors and the Ram Scoops.

TNZ that is an excellent post regarding the use of weapons. Thank you. I will defiantly make use of it.

Lighthorse July 14th, 2003 07:07 AM

There what I got so far by turn 61 in STM as the Borgs.
Enjoy the look and feel of star trek in this mod, nice work, it adds a lot to the game.
Still need to finish some of those bmp files/pictures yet. Do you want me to keep track of which bmp pictures that are missing?
Got a problem with the Vulcan Society as it is control by AI, keep getting unknown value "Phased energy weapons"/twice and " specical technology"/once during each turn cycle.
Reviewed all the ninteen empires on turn 61, some were doing OK, something to write home about and others were just sitting there.
Need to program the AI empires to expand out fast, most never left they system by turn 61!
They were all doing a good work of moving the populations to new colonies, blocking warp holes with satillites.
They all had no problems having rersources, with resources stockpiles, normal 50K to 90K range.
They didn't launched they planetary satillites and/or mines sometimes. they would put some satilltiles up, but there be more sitting on the ground/planet.
I really like the limited range/fuel/warp core for spaceships. Its makes for a better strategy game. No longer can a single scout ship ranged all out the galaxy early in the game. But now you must plan and fight it out for those critical systems, build advance star bases, and refueling points. Thus you must push back your enemies forces, capture his planet bases, before driving deeper into his empire. Just like in the Star Trek movies.
Here a suggested for the AI empires, force them to expand out into a new system every 10 turns or so during the first part of the game. Colonizes planets they go.

Lastly I set the my game for many AI players, diffcurtly high and AI gets a small bonus. Player could only colonize breathable atmosphere, didn't allow surrenders or ruins.

Having fun, good mod.
Lighthorse
PS, sorry, but I didn't have time to correct my spelling.

Atrocities July 14th, 2003 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lighthorse:
There what I got so far by turn 61 in STM as the Borgs.
Enjoy the look and feel of star trek in this mod, nice work, it adds a lot to the game.
Still need to finish some of those bmp files/pictures yet. Do you want me to keep track of which bmp pictures that are missing?
Got a problem with the Vulcan Society as it is control by AI, keep getting unknown value "Phased energy weapons"/twice and " specical technology"/once during each turn cycle.
Reviewed all the ninteen empires on turn 61, some were doing OK, something to write home about and others were just sitting there.
Need to program the AI empires to expand out fast, most never left they system by turn 61!
They were all doing a good work of moving the populations to new colonies, blocking warp holes with satillites.
They all had no problems having rersources, with resources stockpiles, normal 50K to 90K range.
They didn't launched they planetary satillites and/or mines sometimes. they would put some satilltiles up, but there be more sitting on the ground/planet.
I really like the limited range/fuel/warp core for spaceships. Its makes for a better strategy game. No longer can a single scout ship ranged all out the galaxy early in the game. But now you must plan and fight it out for those critical systems, build advance star bases, and refueling points. Thus you must push back your enemies forces, capture his planet bases, before driving deeper into his empire. Just like in the Star Trek movies.
Here a suggested for the AI empires, force them to expand out into a new system every 10 turns or so during the first part of the game. Colonizes planets they go.

Lastly I set the my game for many AI players, diffcurtly high and AI gets a small bonus. Player could only colonize breathable atmosphere, didn't allow surrenders or ruins.

Having fun, good mod.
Lighthorse
PS, sorry, but I didn't have time to correct my spelling.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you for this bug report.

I have a fix for the Vulcans that you can do right now. Open the RaceNeutral Folder, Folder 10, and delete the Research.text. That file should not have been in there.

About the missing bmps? There should not be any missing. If they are not being displayed then it might be that I have put down the wrong number.... OMG... You just saved me a bunch of error reports. I have to go through all of the components and give them the new bmp numbers. Thanks. But yes, please keep a list of the missing BMPs as they may not be connected correctly.

The expanding issue I agree with, but lack the knowledge base on how to improve the AI expansion. That I will need help on.

The game does not have any EMP files as things change and I would have to constantly be making new EMP files so I opted not to do them until the fine beta Version.

Again thank you very much for this info.

Lighthorse July 14th, 2003 07:48 AM

Thanks for the fast reply.
There only one missing bmp file I could find was for the Borg, facilities 120.bmp file. I need to start keeping track of everything else I find during the game. The problem was I didn't want to slow down to take notes as I was playing. Thanks for the fix for the Vulcans.

Lighthorse

Atrocities July 14th, 2003 08:22 AM

No problem. The missing images I am very interested in. Thanks again for the bug report.

Here is what we have so far.

Star Trek Beta v0.9.1

1. - Added: EmperorNames.txt
2. - Added: EmpireNames.txt
3. - Added: EmpireTypes.txt
4. - Updated: Components Image Mod to 1.14 (thank you Fyron)
5. - Updated: New Componets to work with Components mod 1.14
6. - Changed: Monolith I - III from 1500, 1700, 1900, to 500, 700, 900 resources generated per turn.
7. - Changed: Bussard Collector Supplies Generated from 100 to 50.
8. - Updated: The Fyron Quadrant Mod to FQM Delux 2.4
9. - Modified: FQM Delux to not use extra nebula bmps (keeps the size of the over all mod down.)
10. - Fixed: Misspelling of Cardassian_Portrait_BattleCruiser
11. - Changed: VehicleSize.txt Federation Escort tonage from 200 to 240
12. _ Fixed: CompEnhancement.txt Defiant and BOP mounts now work
13. - Removed: Research.txt from Neutral Race 10. (Vulcans)
14. - Corrected: All new components now have corrected new BMP numbers
15. - Changed: Impulse Engine I BMP from 10 to 8
16. - Changed: Impusle Engine II BMP from 10 to 9
17. - Changed: Impusle Engine V BMP from 25 to 26
18. - Changed: Bussard Collector BMP from 8 to 335
19. - Changed: All Warp Core images now have seperate looking BMP's
20. - Changed: Ram scoop I - III BMP image from 128 to 37 (Will change later to new custom made image)

I have a big to do list. I will need to work on what TNZ has suggested about making the AI use more beam weapons, make new images for many of the custom coponents, tweak the research.txt's, find and address all missing bmp images, work on making the AI expand better under the mods limitations, and organize the Components into a better order.

With any luck, and a lot of work, the Star Trek Mod will be out by the end of the month or early August.

[ July 14, 2003, 08:14: Message edited by: Atrocities ]

TNZ July 14th, 2003 10:24 AM

Since it is impossible to add a new component requirement to the Vehicle Size Data File why not take over one it has already i.e. the requirement for Life Support.

[ July 18, 2003, 04:23: Message edited by: TNZ ]

General Woundwort July 14th, 2003 12:20 PM

Would there be any interest in collecting ST sounds to spice up the mod? I have about a dozen or so that I downloaded for my own personal homegame/"mod" - I could post them to my website later today.

We could even declare a "ST Sound WWW Scavenger Hunt"... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Fyron July 14th, 2003 09:52 PM

TNZ, the problem with that is that it still acts like a life support component, so losing it drops ship movement down to 25%.

Loser July 14th, 2003 09:56 PM

Quote:

TNZ, the problem with that is that it still acts like a life support component, so losing it drops ship movement down to 25%.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wouldn't that be an appropriate result of losing Engineering?

Suicide Junkie July 14th, 2003 10:00 PM

And you can always give the hull a built-in lifesupport ability if you don't want to reduce speed.

General Woundwort July 15th, 2003 12:13 AM

Grab bag of Trek sound wavs (weapons, computer sounds)

1058220770.zip

jimbob July 15th, 2003 01:00 AM

My opinion is that the loss of engineering would result in a significant loss in manouverability/speed. I personally wouldn't have a problem with the loss. However, wouldn't the introduction of lifesupport to the hull mess up the original intent - driving component requirements by having them carry the lifesupport ability?

Mudshark July 15th, 2003 01:16 AM

General Woundwort, I like your idea about finding treky like sounds! I'll see what I can find.

[ July 14, 2003, 12:59: Message edited by: Mudshark ]

CNCRaymond July 15th, 2003 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jimbob:
My opinion is that the loss of engineering would result in a significant loss in manouverability/speed. I personally wouldn't have a problem with the loss. However, wouldn't the introduction of lifesupport to the hull mess up the original intent - driving component requirements by having them carry the lifesupport ability?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe it would. Besides, why complicate things, the way the mod is set up now works fine. Adding extra components can be done later, right now we need to focus on bugs and balance issues.

PCP, you really need to make new components for the troop components, Buzzard collector, ram scoop, and warp cores. Also for the weapons.

Game Report:
Settings Large Galaxy - Good - starting planet 1 - Good AI bonuses.

Turn 100, Ai does not expand very well, the Tholians are doing ok, but the old leaders in this area, the Klingons, are being held back. Each race is researching ok, but for some reason it is slowing the AI expansion way the hell down.

The Ai are aggressive and will attack. They use the new intel projects well, and I have lost many ships to well equiped AI vessels.

All in all, the mod looks good and plays ok. Work on the expanding issues, and worry about new components later.

Lighthorse July 15th, 2003 07:12 AM

Here what I got after tonight gaming.
Borg's warp core I & II has no bmp file/number is 890 bmp.
Started another game as Klingon. I noted that if one start with both Klingon technology and general race technology, you get the best of neither technology. You need to limited that choose to one only somehow.
Lastly, I checked the AI empires, they were all different, no repeats.

Later All

TNZ July 15th, 2003 10:07 AM

The point was to make a component that the AI is guaranteed to use. Also, this is a good way to get the AI to use a warp core type component.

[ July 18, 2003, 04:17: Message edited by: TNZ ]

Atrocities July 15th, 2003 09:15 PM

Thanks TNZ. Hey could you, in the future, attach these to your post. Upload them in note and we can all look at them simply by clicking on the link. Plus I can save them easier. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Fyron July 15th, 2003 09:16 PM

In the future, please upload components and such as a text file instead of directly in your post (esp. when there are a bunch of them http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif ). Thanks.

Atrocities July 16th, 2003 12:51 AM

Quote:

In the future, please upload components and such as a text file instead of directly in your post (esp. when there are a bunch of them http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif ). Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think thats what I said in my posted http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Fyron July 16th, 2003 01:02 AM

Your post did not exist when I was writing mine. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/tongue.gif

Atrocities July 16th, 2003 02:27 AM

Quote:

Your post did not exist when I was writing mine. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, well then, thank you http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif Great minds think alike. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif