.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Resupply issue BGCE1 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=47335)

Shorty April 20th, 2011 07:45 AM

Resupply issue BGCE1

In mission four of BGC I cannot load the ammo pallets on to the DROPS? The manual states no special way of doing this?

How does the future look for an episode 2?

Patrick Proctor April 23rd, 2011 01:53 PM

Re: Resupply issue BGCE1

Ammo loading is from the pallet to a vehicle that carries a weapon with the same ammo as the pallet. There is no way in BGC scenarios to move the pallets. It is an intentional constraint of the scenario. The AATF Engine has the capability to build vehicles that can load/move vehicles (a pallet is essentially an immobile vehicle), but it is not built in this scenario.

Episode 2 is still on the drawing board. Gary Bezant might be able to speak more to this.

Shorty April 24th, 2011 06:44 AM

How long should this take?I gave an upload command for a pallet to the DROPS. Ten minutes later still no ammo on the DROPS?

Gary Bezant April 24th, 2011 02:29 PM

Hi Shorty

Planning is underway but still early stages.

regards

Gary

Shorty April 30th, 2011 02:44 AM

I cannot make this work?

I have started a new game - clock not running yet. I choose a pallet; click "upload"; click on the DROPS (they are inside the circle); nothing happens?!?

Patrick Proctor May 1st, 2011 06:05 PM

I might be misunderstanding what you are trying to do, but upload only transfers bullets from an ammo carrier (like the pallet) to a vehicle carrying a weapon that uses the ammo the carrier has. Before time starts, all of your vehicles have a full load of ammo and won't take more ammo. Even after time starts, uploading ammo off the pallet won't move or load the pallet...just ammo.

If you are trying to load the whole pallet on a vehicle, use mount. But I can't guarantee there is anything capable of carrying it in the scenario

Shorty May 2nd, 2011 05:00 AM

Gary:

Can the DROPS carry the ammo pallets; can the DROPS carry ammo; or is reloading to be done by moving the batteries to the pallets?

Patrick Proctor May 5th, 2011 07:08 PM

I don’t think the DROPS carry palletized ammo. You should be able to load the guns from the DROPS and take the DROPS back to reload off of the pallet. At least that's how it works IRL.

Shorty May 6th, 2011 12:49 PM

That is the point - I cannot load from the pallets to the DROPS!!!

Gary Bezant May 9th, 2011 03:05 PM

Shorty,

It's been quite a while since I looked at the load outs for the Drops vehicle. Give me some time to look into it and I will be able to answer your question.

regards

Gary