.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   BCT, ATF, AATF and Battle Group Commander Series (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   AATF: save games crashes (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=51070)

Shorty December 27th, 2015 05:17 AM

AATF: save games crashes

1 Attachment(s)
Playing a mission in AATF I made two safe game files. Returning to the mission, the second file will cause the game to crash.
Starting over from the first working file I have med three new save game files - all will make the game crash.

I have attached the files that will not work. Anyone who can work out what the problem is?

Shorty December 29th, 2015 04:24 PM

Re: AATF: save games crashes

1 Attachment(s)
It seems to be the first save game file (attached) that somehow is causing the problems.
I have tried making new save games, down to ten seconds after, but they keep crashing on start.

Shorty December 30th, 2015 11:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is getting spooky. Started all over - again no problem with the first save game, the following two crashes?!?

I had no problems with the safe games I made yesterday, in the 3rd Afghanistan mission.

Shorty July 30th, 2016 04:40 AM

Recently I decided to give this another go.

I moved the save games to a pen drive and started a new game of that mission. This time it worked fine. So somehow (corrupted) save games can influence the game, eventhough they are not used.

A piece of advice: Don't enter the target until you have airsupport 150 mins in game. Some of the enemy units will be impossible to destroy without airsupport. On two separate occasions a sniper and a MMG would deplete a platoon worth of its AK ammo, and still survive?

Patrick Proctor August 1st, 2016 01:57 PM

Shorty,

I am unable to replicate your problem, but it sounds like you might be having a drive problem. Have you tried replicating this error on another computer?

Shorty August 3rd, 2016 03:05 PM

I think I did that back then, but did it this evening just to make shure:

- Copied the old save games to an old laptop - same result:
I can load the first save game - all others will crash:
"Runtime error!
Program (link on hardrive)
Abnormal program termination"

This will also happen if I make a new save game, and try loading from that.

- The recent save games work just fine on the old pc too.

Patrick Proctor August 5th, 2016 12:04 PM

I get the same error with all but the first saved game. What I was not able to replicate was the phenomenon where just putting the other save games in the same folder as the save game that still works causes a crash.

Are you still getting this problem, or did it just happen that once?

Shorty August 10th, 2016 03:24 PM

Copied the files back from the pen drive. Yes - exactly the same thing:

All the save games but the first will crash.

The ones I recentle made, starting all over, works fine. Even with the old ones in the same folder.

Patrick Proctor August 11th, 2016 06:29 PM

All I can figure is that the savegame files were somehow corrupted during saving. Let me know if you see the behavior with any other savegame files.

Sorry for the issues.