.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Venexia, the most serene republic (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44449)

Swan December 4th, 2009 07:41 PM

Venexia, the most serene republic

3 Attachment(s)
Basic info
THIS NATION DELETEs MA C'TIS
this nation modifies unit 1353(blood guard)
-Middle age
-swamp dominion
-all your troops are sailor
-all your tropps have swamp survival
-you start without an army
-good elemental battlecaster forger; very low astral; no death/blood
-either heavy armor or light armor, no medium choice
-good ranged soldier

LDiCesare December 6th, 2009 08:40 AM

Re: Venexia, the most serene republic

With no astral, death or blood, what options will they have in the late game? Unless you find some national spell (summon?) to replace tartarians, wishes and such, they're going to seriously hurt.

Swan December 6th, 2009 02:32 PM

they will have maybe some astral with a summon, but you'll be pretty much forced to put that magic on the pretender.

Squirrelloid December 7th, 2009 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDiCesare (Post 720705)
With no astral, death or blood, what options will they have in the late game? Unless you find some national spell (summon?) to replace tartarians, wishes and such, they're going to seriously hurt.

They can't possibly be worse off than EA Atlantis. Or EA Oceania. Or MA Oceania. Or MA Man. Or... well, this list is actually rather large.

Getting into death via pretender with what is likely to be a large water income is actually pretty doable, since Streams from Hades gives you a respectable W3D3 caster, and only requires W4D1 to cast. (The pretender can use other options to break into death, of course, but there's nothing like using water gems to do it).

Anyone who really cares can break into blood the hard way. Alternately, Lamia Queens. (Who also get you into death).

Astral is... harder. But once you're in Death there's Summon Spectre which often gets S1-S2.

I mean, its not pretty, but you can get endgame magic by the time endgame rolls around if you plan ahead for it.

Swan January 27th, 2010 02:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I made this image, but i'm not too proud of it.
look at the jpgs and tell me: Do them look like a holy, winged lion?
If yes, which one do you prefer?

Sombre January 27th, 2010 04:17 PM

No. The second one.

Swan January 27th, 2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sombre (Post 728572)
No. The second one.

Damn.
The problem is the wing or the holy part?

Calchet January 27th, 2010 08:14 PM

I'm afraid they both look a bit tossed together, especially the first one - I mean, there's a wing stapled onto the front leg of the poor lion!

The second can sort of work, but I'd suggest scaling up the wings and recolouring them to match the lion, which should make it passable enough.

Stavis_L January 27th, 2010 09:29 PM

Might want to have a look at the sprite for unit 637, the draco lion. It's a lion with dragon's wings and tail (so you'd have to replace the hindquarters) but it's another model to work with.

Burnsaber January 28th, 2010 06:34 AM

Recoloring the fur into white should also work to make the lion more "holy". You could use GIMP recolor tools as a start and polish it up a bit after the recolor.