.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Community Sprites Update Mod v1.06 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45030)

Burnsaber March 5th, 2010 05:42 AM

Re: Community Sprites Update Mod v1.01 (2 so far, contributions welcome)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregstrom (Post 734107)
Why not just have a comment with each unit's name just above the entry modifying the unit sprite. Then people can comment out (or delete) any units where they prefer the vanilla sprite.

On this vein, why just put them all in, but comment out those that seem a bit "undominions", then people can just replace a few marks to get the Zepath's dragons if they want to get those.

Because the mod would make only cosmetic changes, all players in a MP game could a widely different versions of the mod without any chances of hosting errors and the like. So you wouldn't have to fear incompactibility issues.

Gregstrom March 5th, 2010 05:58 AM

Yes, that'd definitely be nice.

In fact, for MP you could just C&P any appropriate sprite changes into the end of any .dm file the game was using.

Globu March 5th, 2010 07:49 AM

That's the route that makes sense to me as well. I'm putting up version 1.02 right now, which includes the following enabled by default:

Great Enchantress
Succubus (may change this)
Arch Druid
Arch Mage
Freak Lord

All the rest of Zepath's replacement pretenders are included but commented out.

Ragnarok-X March 6th, 2010 05:56 AM

Re: Community Sprites Update Mod v1.02

Thanks, please expand it !!!!

WraithLord March 6th, 2010 12:58 PM

Awesome :clap:

More please.

If this mod were to be bundled in CBM. Oh man, that would be so nice :)

Globu April 14th, 2010 02:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Opinions: Very minor tweak to Palankasha sprite's head, as an upgrade/replacement to be included. Good? Bad? Original is just fine?

Explanation: The vanilla Palankasha sprite is missing something. It may be just me, but the head comes off as an orange snake head more than a tiger head, even with the ears. Trying to figure out what was missing, it finally clicked. Head is too wedge-ish. Whiskers added in front gives more weight to the front of the head (as is characteristic of tigers), giving the impression of a more tiger-ish face.

Nothing else modified. See attached image.

Burnsaber April 14th, 2010 02:41 AM

Re: Community Sprites Update Mod v1.03

It's certainly a small tweak, bit I really see no harm in including it. It definately looks more "tigery" now.

I'll make and contribute the new Vanheim human infantry sprites once I've managed to update rest of my mods.

Sombre April 14th, 2010 07:26 AM

I think the focus should be on the sprites which really suck, personally.

The lanka ones are all fine, but there are many sprites in the game left over from dom1 and 2. See the roman banner guys.

Globu April 14th, 2010 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnsaber (Post 740556)
It's certainly a small tweak, bit I really see no harm in including it. It definately looks more "tigery" now.

I'll make and contribute the new Vanheim human infantry sprites once I've managed to update rest of my mods.

Good enough. Thanks for the feedback on it.

Sounds good on the Vanheim human infantry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sombre (Post 740573)
I think the focus should be on the sprites which really suck, personally.

The lanka ones are all fine, but there are many sprites in the game left over from dom1 and 2. See the roman banner guys.

Of course. The palankasha was just a quick, opportunistic thing that arose out of using its head as a rabbit head.

Globu April 22nd, 2010 06:18 AM

Re: Community Sprites Update Mod v1.04

1 Attachment(s)
Alright. Dovetailing off of work I've already done, I decided to make a replacement for that vampire queen using the sorceress as a template. Attached.

Look, guys, vampire queens are supposed to be hawt. Dead, cold flesh notwithstanding.

I couldn't figure out how to do a good brooch for the cloak at that scale -- if anyone wants demonstrate for me how to pull that off, have at it. As it stands, the cloak clasp ends up looking more like a choker. Which, I suppose, goes toward the theme one way or the other.