.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Community Sprites Update Mod v1.06 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45030)

WraithLord April 24th, 2010 03:21 PM

Re: Community Sprites Update Mod v1.05

I agree with Globu. The wyrm image in the game is not bad. It just doesn't do justice to one of the most magnificent monsters in dom-III universe. Wyrm is the stuff of legends, it exists in one way or another in almost every sea faring culture. The image should be on par with the legend :)

Burnsaber April 25th, 2010 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was doing the UWGIM update, but the MA Atlantis human mages kept burning my eyes. Globu is free to include/tweak these as he wishes.

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/pictu...&pictureid=477

Not my best work, but enough to be a definate improvement.

Sombre April 25th, 2010 10:47 AM

Yeah that's the kind of improvement I like to see. Nothing radical, just lo-res to hi-res.

Globu April 25th, 2010 03:09 PM

Thanks, Burnsaber. I'll integrate those in.

The New_Great_Deep_Seer is a new unit, not a revision of an old one, right?

Burnsaber April 25th, 2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Globu (Post 742235)
Thanks, Burnsaber. I'll integrate those in.

The New_Great_Deep_Seer is a new unit, not a revision of an old one, right?

MA Atlantis has a national pretender called Great Seer of the deeps.

Globu April 25th, 2010 04:33 PM

Ah, okay. Got it.

linlin April 25th, 2010 09:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here is a try for the Ermor standard.. i'm not sure at all of the format needed, and the alpha thing.. so dont hesite to tell me if i need to change something, and to comment the sprite

linlin April 25th, 2010 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
maybe some time it will be possible..

Globu April 25th, 2010 10:00 PM

Nice work, Lain. A bit different from the style of the other Ermorian units, but it does look pretty good.

Yeah, Dom3 seems to be a bit picky about the alpha, and displays those poorly, making them the typical dark "halo" around the sprite. The general convention here is based on the method used by Kristoffer O -- plain sprites with no alpha, using 0,0,0 as background transparency and, as you know, 255,0,255, for shadow.

(The game apparently can handle alpha transparency, but it's not really clear to me how it does it or how to properly take advantage of it, from what I've read. I'm still trying to figure it out.)

You may or may not know about it (you're clearly far more advanced in graphical artwork skill than I am -- I'm still most definitely a beginner), but, in case it happens to be helpful, a great short post giving some information about it can be found here.

Globu April 27th, 2010 04:35 AM

Re: Community Sprites Update Mod v1.06

Updated.

Burnsaber, I touched up the Seer sprites just a bit, and changed two of them a bit more substantially to remedy something that I don't like about that series of vanilla sprites: the heads that look a bit too long and thin.

If you would prefer I left the heads as is, though, no worries -- just let me know and I'll change them back. As for now, versions with the heads unchanged are included as alternates.

I've also made a few adjustments to some other sprites and included a fixed, but otherwise unchanged, version of the Son of Shamshiel, who had almost-black background junk pixels that spoiled his... er... look.