.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OT: BSG - wtf? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=38242)

Xrati April 3rd, 2009 10:31 AM

Re: OT: BSG - wtf?

Yes, "political correctness" :doh: has replaced "slapstick," :D not much difference between them, execpt that at least WE KNEW :hammer: the slapstick was phoney-funny!!!
"Why certainly"

Randallw April 3rd, 2009 10:13 PM

The only Moe I know of is the Moe in The Simpsons.

Last week I was wathcing looking after my 4 year old Nephew and we were watching the episode of the Simpsons where someone shoots Mr Burns. I told my Nephew that we had to guess who shoots him and as each person was portrayed in such a light as to make them a future suspect he would cry out that they were the one. The he started shouting

"him, the coffee man!"
"What coffee man?"
"The man who runs the coffee shop where Homer goes to drink"
"huh?"
"Him, him!"(pointing at Moe)
"oh. Yeah, that's right Homer drinks a lot of coffee" :rolleyes:

gregebowman April 11th, 2009 04:03 PM

AT, I agree with you. I grew up watching I Love Lucy and the Three Stooges, and now I can't stand to watch them anymore. I shudder to think that not only are they reviving the stooges, but they got 3 top name stars to appear as them. They must not have seen them growing up like I did. brrr. I can imagine my son loving this movie when it comes out. I'd rather be forced to watch all of Sean Penn & Madonna movies over and over again than to see this train wreck coming. I never saw all of the Laurel & Hardy movie they made a few years ago, but what I saw of it just makes me sad that Hollywood can't come up with any original ideas anymore. If you're going to recycle something, at least recycle Star Wars!!

Randallw April 13th, 2009 05:29 AM

Then you get Ice Pirates :D

Which isn't that bad actually

"Why'd you make the robot black?"
"Because I wanted it to be perfect"
Robot does thumbs up and goes "alright!"

gregebowman April 18th, 2009 03:57 PM

Ice Pirates?!

I've forgotten all about that movie. I saw it years ago, but don't remember too much of the plot. I'd rather see Firefly/Serendity type movies myself. I can't wait to see the new Star Trek movie.

Randallw April 19th, 2009 01:06 AM

I haven't seen it for years either. It's an ok movie. It's not great, but it's worth getting on video when there's nothing else to watch. The best bit is where when they capture criminals they castrate them to make them more docile as slaves, except priests just in case there is soemone who'd get pissed off at having his reps gelded. One bad guy knocks the monk out, steals his robes and then walks free.

I'm not a great fan of Serenity/Firefly myself. I couldn't get past the title sequence of the tv series and I tried watching the movie but found it boring. I admit that probably you have to empathise with the characters from the series but I preferred the agent guy. Also I found the main characters unappealing since they're rebels and I can't stand the "opposition to authority as heroic" stuff.