.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2021) (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52669)

Karagin April 12th, 2021 11:28 PM

Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch (2021)

So I clicked on the SHP Editor to see what all was in that for this update, and it triggered my Malwarebytes which said it was a MachineLearning/Anomalous.95%

Not even sure what that is, so I am letting you guys know. I am also updating the Malwarebytes program and double-checking to make sure it's doing a false positive thing.

DRG April 13th, 2021 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karagin (Post 850058)
So I clicked on the SHP Editor to see what all was in that for this update, and it triggered my Malwarebytes which said it was a MachineLearning/Anomalous.95%

Not even sure what that is, so I am letting you guys know. I am also updating the Malwarebytes program and double-checking to make sure it's doing a false positive thing.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...nganomalous95/

Quote:

This is detected by our MachineLearning engine, which helps to protect even better against 0day threats. Unfortunately, as this is a heuristic engine, it's possible False Positives happen.................

It's also always a good idea to digitally sign the files.
I rebuilt SHPEdit the same way it was built last time it was updated and the same way any program for the game is built and none of my anti-virus / malware programs are reacting. I have no idea what "digitally sign the files" means exactly but as I said it was built the same way the last version of SHPEdit was built

Karagin April 13th, 2021 08:40 AM

I am going to try it again at lunch, I have updated Malwarebytes again and will see. I think it's a false positive error, I have sent them a feedback notice as well as asking them more about the error.

Mobhack April 13th, 2021 11:19 AM

I have just done a full malwarebytes scan on the development PC - with no nasties found. And there are several versions of the game on this computer, so if one of the EXEs was dicey, I would have expected several complaints from MB.

I think you had a false positive there.

Karagin April 13th, 2021 02:20 PM

And I do. I sent them the data from the quarantine file and they got back pretty quick, it is a false positive. I updated again and things are back to normal.

whdonnelly April 13th, 2021 02:21 PM

I miss the US Trophy system already.

DRG April 13th, 2021 02:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by whdonnelly (Post 850065)
I miss the US Trophy system already.

IDK why....... it's not gone

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/attac...1&d=1618339154

whdonnelly April 13th, 2021 04:29 PM

Thanks! Loaded an old upgrade over the new one, probably time to delete my backup copies.
:doh:

Felix Nephthys April 20th, 2021 02:10 PM

Re: winSPMBT version 10.0 - 15.0 Consolidation patch

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 849915)
3/ The unit name is now reported in the casualty message - this is handy to know which unit actually got hit in collateral damage situations

11/ The name of unit that has suffered casualties has been added to the message that appears on the bottom of the screen. It will now read...." Infantry Group - Suffers X casualties (Y)" with X being the number taken now and Y being the accumulated total.

Just to clarify, these two items are talking about the same thing, correct?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 849915)
8/ Passengers will now report "CARRIED BY: "..... normally this is obvious. They are in the vehicle carrying them but occasionally legacy scenarios would have ghost/doppelganger units and this allows those of us that fix these things the ability to know where they are supposed to be and when put into the transport that is already carrying their twins, cease being a ghost unit.

Also, what exactly does this look like because I can't seem to see it when playing scenarios where I transport units.

DRG April 20th, 2021 03:23 PM

In regards to 3/ and 11/------- Yes they are and that slipped by everyone's attention until now but yours......Oops

As for point 8 that is not something you would see in a normal game or even a normal scenario. That is only seen in the situation I described where a unit is reported being carried but is sitting on the map somewhere. Inevitably it turns out the "twin" is also in the carrying unit and loading the doppelganger into that transport rejoins them properly. Otherwise, every transport has to be searched for the twin. It's quite rare really but when it happens in a high unit count scenario it's a PITA. We mentioned its addition only in case someone happened to stumble onto a leg unit in an older scenario , in the open but reporting being carried by a vehicle.It will report...

"CARRIED BY: then the Formation Letter, Unit ID and unit name