.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Misc. Icons and Pics (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=50762)

MarkSheppard June 24th, 2017 09:03 PM

Re: Misc. Icons and Pics

1 Attachment(s)
SPColorMods YahooGroup WW2 Icon Folder Zip.

MarkSheppard June 24th, 2017 09:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SPMBT Yahoo Group PlayerGraphicsMod Folder Excerpt

Has Plasmakrab and Joe Rieger folders.

MarkSheppard June 24th, 2017 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SPColorMods YahooGroup WW1 Project Stuff, a bunch of icons etc.

Files date from 2004. :shock:

MarkSheppard June 24th, 2017 09:25 PM

I have the complete SPWW1 Yahoo group files saved to my HDD, but at 40~ MB, its a bit too much to upload to shrapnel. :shock:

Oragus, my icon collections are a bit unorganized, but I have the following saved that I KNOW are from you:

Oragus-Kugelblitz II Icons
Oragus_Kugelblitz
Oragus_Kugelblitz_Complete
Oragus-F-2s
Oragus-F-16s
Oragus-P-1000 Ratte
Oragus-M-46 Pattons
Oragus-Pershings (MBT)
Oragus-Pershings (WW2)
Oragus-Panther Icon Set v1.2
Oragus SdKfz. 231 8 Rad Icon Set v1.0
Oragus-Pz 38(t)s
Oragus-Pz IVm Icons
Oragus-Pz IVL Icons
Oragus-M3 (green) UJ mods (Halftrack)
Oragus-Pz IAs
Oragus-Pz IBs
Oragus-Panzer IIs v1.0
Oragus-Pz 35(t)s
Oragus-Pz 38(t)s
Oragus-WW2 Russian Trucks V1
Oragus-SdKfz 251s
Oragus-SdKfz 250s
Oragus-T-44s
Oragus-Panther Icon Set v1.5
Oragus-German Utility Halftrack Icon Set v1.1
Oragus-Polish Campaign Icons v1.0

oragus June 25th, 2017 04:43 PM

Well, if you want a good laugh, here you go. Here is how the PC crashed. I was cleaning the dust out of the CPU fans and cooling fins. Being a Dad of 3 girls, I got called away for a minute. Came back and caught my dog peeing in my open case and he fried the whole thing! I tried salvaging what I could, but the HDs wouldn't work when I connected them to my replacement PC.

My external HD, shortly after that incident stopped working. I took it in to get fixed and I was informed the internal components failed and it would need to be rebuilt so it would spin the disc for data extraction. $1200 price tag!

oragus June 25th, 2017 04:44 PM

Your efforts are greatly appreciated Mark. Thank you. When I get to my PC I'll grab all those .zip files and see what we got.

oragus June 25th, 2017 08:40 PM

I have grabbed the .zip files and there are some goodies in them for sure. Thanks again.

RecruitMonty July 1st, 2017 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oragus (Post 838856)
I was cleaning the dust out of the CPU fans and cooling fins. Being a Dad of 3 girls, I got called away for a minute. Came back and caught my dog peeing in my open case and he fried the whole thing!

Man's best friend strikes again! :shock:

I know a dog just like that. Bloody things ;).

MarkSheppard July 3rd, 2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oragus (Post 838856)
Well, if you want a good laugh, here you go. Here is how the PC crashed. I was cleaning the dust out of the CPU fans and cooling fins. Being a Dad of 3 girls, I got called away for a minute. Came back and caught my dog peeing in my open case and he fried the whole thing! I tried salvaging what I could, but the HDs wouldn't work when I connected them to my replacement PC.

My external HD, shortly after that incident stopped working. I took it in to get fixed and I was informed the internal components failed and it would need to be rebuilt so it would spin the disc for data extraction. $1200 price tag!

Don't laugh. It almost happened to me, thanks to once again, Dogs!

I took my dogs out for a walk, and when I got back I turned on the kitchen sink to give them some fresh water -- hot and humid outside.

I go away thinking I've turned off the water. About 20 minutes later, my roomie comes by and starts yelling at me. Turns out I didn't turn the water off. The sink had filled up and flooded over onto the kitchen floor.

I curse, get the wet\dry shop vac and start vacuuming up water. Once that's done, I go downstairs to see if any flooded down. BAD NEWS, I find that it flooded down into the basement...including my computer room. :shock:

I frantically remove everything of importance....

To make a long story short, I got really lucky and only lost

A Keyboard that had gotten dripped onto -- replaced with a spare.

Tentatively estimated casualties:

Uninterruptible Power Supply, have to assume it's bad. It was near the splash radius with an open grid for cooling on top.

SD Card Reader. Was Soaked, will not even attempt to use it anymore. as I can't risk data corruption.

My dignity -- Roomate was pissed.

Lessons for future situations:

1.) Avoid cases with open grilles on the top. While great for cooling, they can admit water from above. Nothing happened...THIS TIME. but Lesson learned for a future PC build.

2.) Backups need to be in a totally different structure. My backups, which I made two weeks ago before I went on a one week long vacation at the beach (I was afraid of someone stealing my computer while I was gone for a whole week), were located inside a drawer in the same room that was slightly flooded. I'll have to get a safe deposit box offsite at a bank for backups.

scorpio_rocks March 30th, 2018 08:16 PM

Fantastic to see the Ratel Logistic made it into the game :D.

Icon # 9036 Ratel Logistic
(nice pic too!)

Thanks Don!