.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   After Action Reports (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   Request for Aeraaa (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52411)

Suhiir April 14th, 2020 01:16 PM

Request for Aeraaa

If you're inclined I'd like to see one of your infamous AAR's done on scenario # 327 "The Walking Dead".

Aeraaa April 14th, 2020 02:51 PM

Re: Request for Aeraaa

OK Suhiir, I promise. After I finish the scenario I'm playing now, I'll give it a shot. :)

Suhiir April 14th, 2020 04:21 PM

Thanks!

I'll be VERY curious to see what you make of it and how you do.

Aeraaa April 15th, 2020 05:31 AM

Suhiir, I cannot find the scenario. Is it included in the main game or I have to download it from the forum?

scorpio_rocks April 15th, 2020 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Its a standard scenario - Number 327 in MBT

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/<a hr...f82c6cb2_z.jpghttps://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f82c6cb2_z.jpg

FASTBOAT TOUGH April 20th, 2020 02:01 PM

HELP!! Playing "Walking Dead" I accepted the challenge as well. This is my first scenario since playing through thru "Falklands War" one almost ten years ago (Which was my first one.).

So how do you copy a "Screenshot" so I can post it in here!?! Since my "Captain Obvious" powers didn't kick in :re:, please use the "KISS" formula in your explanation.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

I are Submariner/I are Submariner, just to remind myself how :o I am right now! :doh:

Regards,
Pat
:capt:

Aeraaa April 20th, 2020 02:27 PM

@FASTBOAT, here's how I do it:

1-Use windowed mode

2-If you have Windows 10, find an application called Snapshot. Just write it on the search bar and you'll find it easily.

3-Using Snapshot, copy whatever you desktop is showing (just drag a box around what your screen is showing).

4-Copy the image to an image edit program. I use the simple MS Paint, but there are better programs out there.

5-I use the MS Paint options to draw lines etc. and I have a separate MS Paint file with NATO symbols etc that I drew in order to represent formations.

6-Edit your image and save file.

7-Use an image upload site. I use imgur for example.

8-Upload your image and copy the URL.

9-Go to the forum and in the reply, choose the Insert image. In the bar that opens, paste the image URL. Just remember to delete the img part if the image upload site copies the URL with them.

10-That's it! The image will be shown the moment you hit the Post reply.

Hope that helps.

DRG April 20th, 2020 02:37 PM

If you have a MS keyboard it should have a PrtScn button and that will allow you to paste it into a graphics program or into an email etc .

FASTBOAT TOUGH April 20th, 2020 08:43 PM

Guys I really am at a loss here the PNG files are too large at over 3MB. I just don't use those programs for anything, except for one map of Ireland which was a picture I then edited in Photoshop that was an experiment in of itself.

So here's what I purpose, If someone will allow me via email to send the four screenshots from "my pictures" I'll do the AAR before or after those are posted.

I just had another long day on the phone dealing with the same issue I did last Monday. Lot's happening Co-worker I believe just tested negative for Corona and it's hit my Moms nursey home with at least one staffer and two patients.

They say "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

I say BS because "To be an old dog you already knew the tricks."

In the meantime I'm moving on with the game at Turn 14/Keeping troops motivated which you'll have to do every turn/made it to Turn 10 "big" reinforcement, however 2 Chinooks have bailed on me and a 3rd is seating on the edge of the board which I'm hoping boost morale up on before those coward pilots bail as well with those reinforcements/Lost my tank in turn 11 or 12 that was my :doh: move as I intended to get it back inside the firebase to reload one or two turns sooner, but I choose to use the last of it's 4 HE rounds to suppress or better two VC units that were ready to take out my bunker on the SE corner of the FB. They have since been shot up pretty badly and are routed. My Marines are fighting hard. The

NVA appeared to the North and Northeast of the FB and are generally suppressed by Artillery, Air and good old USMC marksmanship they're keeping their distance for now. The VC are my concern right now. One more Chinook to come in after knocking a mortar. The other three after unloading in the FB, are now "gunships" that I'm currently sending after two BF-40's I sense I've located based on smoke from a previous air strike against a 57mm AA gunsight by A-6 Intruder.

That's it in a "nutshell" I want to move on with it as I go back to work tomorrow.

Regards,
Pat
:capt:

Suhiir April 20th, 2020 09:11 PM

Did I hear you say "Send more VC" Fastboat?