.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Guide: MA Mictlan - An Introduction (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=38949)

mathusalem May 26th, 2008 11:13 AM

Re: Guide to Middle-Age Mictlan

Blood is vital for MA Miclan, you can wait for heroes or put blood on your pretendant, but the High Priest of the Sky need birtch boots even with growth : In late game it's vital to have reliable H3 (devine blessing) with cloud trapeze.

Coualt are useful in late game for gateway yours Capitol only jaguar-warriors

Endoperez May 26th, 2008 01:37 PM

Do you mean Birch Boots or Boots of Youth?

mathusalem May 27th, 2008 04:59 AM

oups, boots of Youth, sorry

Rytek May 28th, 2008 10:30 PM

A sleeping Moloch with F9, B4, dominion 9 or 10 can still get you good scales. Eagle warriors set to Hold and attack rear are wicked. Include some of your astral mages amongst them and cast Body ethereal/luck for great defense with the offense.

sum1lost May 29th, 2008 01:14 AM

Molochs aren't allowed with MA Mictlan.

AreaOfEffect May 29th, 2008 05:06 AM

Zeldor, I often don't see then randoms as something to rely on. I generally just see their existence as a bonus. I suppose I did however make a bigger deal of it then I meant to. When I get the time I'll correct the wording. I wanted most of my ravings to be about how good the fixed qualities of the nahualli are.

mathusalem, I do not hold to your ideal that blood is something MA Mictlan needs. They only have one old unit and more then 1 out of four of those aren't old due to nature randoms. I'm playing a game with death 3 and I have yet to lose a high priest of the sky to disease. You may have had bad luck, or I might have had good luck. In my opinion you don't need many high priests as you won't have that many armies and priest kings can fill the needs of normal troop movement.

Rytek , I'm sorry but the Moloch is not available for the Middle Age. Though I down-played the importance of the pretender selection in the guide it is worth noting that the selection is drastically different.

In regards to a blood/fire combo I've played around with the pretender selection. I found that spite the attempts to use pretenders with fire magic already, I do believe the oracle is the most cost effective choice.

An imprisoned Oracle with dominion 8, fire 9, and blood 4 leaves you with 26 points remaining. This is before taking things like heat and sloth. An imprisoned Arch Mage with dominion 8, fire 9, and blood 4 leaves you only 4 points left. This also doesn't mention that the oracle also has 3 astral as a bonus and a higher starting dominion, so dominion 9 and 10 will be progressively cheaper with the Oracle. That said a reasonable pretender design exists.

Rytek May 29th, 2008 04:25 PM

Oops, that must have been an earlier patch then. My opponrnt in one MA game definetly had a moloch, although that was a few patches ago. He did use the ethereal and luck to good use though.

Horst F. JENS June 27th, 2008 05:47 AM

MA Mictlan and Death 9 Blessing ?

just discovered that nearly all MA Mictlan Mages are sacred. So i wonder, is there good battlefield spell that would profit from the extra 2 AN Damage of a D9-blessed mage ?

llamabeast June 27th, 2008 06:05 AM

Re: MA Mictlan and Death 9 Blessing ?

D9 doesn't give extra damage to spells. However, the affliction chance increase does apply, so if a death-blessed mage can cast earthquake or something it can seriously mess up the enemy army.

sum1lost June 28th, 2008 08:26 PM

Re: MA Mictlan and Death 9 Blessing ?

Astral tempest+doom seems like it has potential to screw up a large army.