.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   OT: Battlestar Galactica Final Season (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=34912)

Caduceus June 1st, 2007 12:16 PM

OT: Battlestar Galactica Final Season

Apparently the end is near - 22 episodes in a final season of BSG will start in November and into 2008.

Battlestar gets grounded by SciFi

While I am sad, I agree that the show has been headed towards a close. Now with the events of the finale (last 5 minutes) of the end of Season 3, I think they are probably making the right decision.

Ragnarok June 1st, 2007 02:31 PM

Re: OT: Battlestar Galactica Final Season

That is too bad, but with the way last season ended it may be a good thing.

The revealing of the final five was just dumb. Well, not the revealing itself, but who they were. Too many plot holes there for it to be those five.

gregebowman June 1st, 2007 04:23 PM

I missed most of this past season due to having to lose my satellite service. So I've missed the majority of season 3. I'll have to wait for the boxed set to come out and see what I've missed. I just hope, though, that when they do have a finale, they have a finale. I don't want to be left hanging in the wind wondering if the Colonial fleet ever found earth. It would be nice if they incorporated some of what I heard of Richard Hatch's plot into the finale. I guess I'll have to wait and see like everyone else. Can't wait to see what happens, even if I have to wait an extra year or whenever the boxed set is released.

GuyOfDoom June 1st, 2007 04:33 PM

I cringe in pain as I struggle to think of what show Sci-Fi will come up with to try and replace it.

Caduceus June 1st, 2007 04:45 PM

I think the "final five" is another ruse. But, we'll see.

Atrocities June 1st, 2007 05:00 PM

The show could have gone on for several more years if only they would have made better choices in stories and story arcs. It really is a GD shame that this show had to be driving so hard, so poorly, and ultimately crashed due to poor ratings.

Ragnarok-X June 1st, 2007 05:21 PM

I dont think it went down, i enjoyed the season 3 as much as i enjoyed 1 or 2. I was just hoping for some more space battles and especially more vessels.
Additionally, what kind of plot holes are you referring to, Ragnarok ?

AngleWyrm June 1st, 2007 07:05 PM

Quote:

GuyOfDoom said:
I cringe in pain as I struggle to think of what show Sci-Fi will come up with to try and replace it.

Maybe Star Trek will try for a comeback after their new movie.

Tim_Ward June 1st, 2007 07:42 PM

Anything more than five seasons and the show would've started to get stale.

Spectarofdeath June 1st, 2007 08:01 PM

....Maybe they'll bring back Space above and beyond......