.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong's Head Cantina - After Hours (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=6576)

Growltigga July 16th, 2002 02:19 PM

Re: Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong\'s Head Cantina - After Hours

LOL, Growltigga is exceptinally glad to see Dogscoff back from the deeps, and hale and hearty, and asks him if his new-found role as guardian and lord of the sea means the Thai-style tuna steak and boquerones are off the menu?

El Scoffo, have you got another job to go too? havn't you just moved house and therefore need to service the mortgage? you are not on a limb are you cos being an overpaid lawyer (according to Geo anyhow), I am afford to lend you £1 a week

[ July 16, 2002, 13:23: Message edited by: Growltigga ]

dogscoff July 16th, 2002 02:27 PM

Thanks 'Tig (and thanks for the PM as well) but it's actually quite the opposite situation. All the plumpest and finest creatures of the sea will now be leaping out of the water near the cantina, desperate to be selected for the honour of being cooked and eaten by their ocean king or his esteemed associates.

If you can arrange the construction of a giant fish tank in the kitchens, I'll have one of my finest merman chefs move into it to instruct in the preparation of all the subaquatic delights which wil be utterly unknown to your air-breathing cooks. A warning though, certain deep-sea creatures might explode when served at normal air-pressure. Still, I guess it only serves to make the menu a little more exciting.

geoschmo July 16th, 2002 03:36 PM

Geo sits at the bar nursing his drink, and several cricket bat shaped head wounds of various severity and watches out the window as the waters receed from the parking lot. Idely we wonders if he remebered to roll his windows up...

dogscoff July 16th, 2002 03:40 PM

Quote:

El Scoffo, have you got another job to go too?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, start next Monday. With the mortgage and house-moving still undecided at the time, I wouldn't have applied for voluntary redundancy without a new job to go to. My new job will be 5% more money than the old one, 100 miles less commuting per day and hopefully will be more interesting and promising. Oh, and I might get to travel to Germany quite a lot. Any forum ppl in Munich?

Quote:

havn't you just moved house and therefore need to service the mortgage? you are not on a limb are you cos being an overpaid lawyer (according to Geo anyhow), I am afford to lend you £1 a week
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for the offer but everything is sorted and settled, house wise- apart from the unpacking, that is. I'm actually doing better financially now than I have been in a long time, having just received a generous redundancy payment (credit cards paid off) and a pay rise. I'm actually feeling like a bit of a smug, jammy bastard at the moment http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

mac5732 July 16th, 2002 05:08 PM

Mac sees the huge tidal wave and the subsequent reincarnation of Dogscoff, he smiles, turns to the dark seated stranger, and says, well he's back, won't need your services for now, however how about a nice game of chess on your beautiful board, The stranger looks up with those incapable feeling eyes and nods, Mac settles down across the table and begins the game, of course he orders his usual from Taz the bartender since Dogscoff is buying http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif , he also notices that the Dreadnaughat that was parked over that skylark in the parking lot has been washed away with the tide, including the little old screachiang lady. Poor Puke, but maybe since the Dogscoff has obtained a new raise, he'll lend him some $ for a new ship.

He looks towards the bar to see where his Coors has gotten to, hope Taz didn't test it first he mumbles, but no there's the Taz over in the cornor building what appears to be a very large human sized fish tank. aahhh new items for the menu, he also notices the paramedics attending to poor Geo, who is eyeing the new Cream Pie dispenser, sees the tigga still in the rafters shaking at the thought of water pelting his pedigree upon the resurrection of Dogscoff, and a group of the FBW surrounding the reclining figure of Atrocities, oohin and aahing all over him as they gently pick him up, deposit him on one of the new fluffy cots in the cornor, and administer to his every wish as they console him in his recovery efforts. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

welcome back Dogscoff

just some ideas mac

[ July 16, 2002, 16:15: Message edited by: mac5732 ]

tesco samoa July 16th, 2002 05:19 PM

Geo. Get off the pine and come outside. It's sunny and pool is just fine. Also the bartender is starting to make a mighty fine coco loco. And they have started offering some of the finer Mexican beers on tap as well. Some Sol or Bravo is in order

Growltigga July 16th, 2002 05:35 PM

Yes, welocme back Dogscoff.

Growltigga, in a fit of reasonable behaviour and fondness for a fellow Brit, comes down from the rafters (remember guys that Tigers can swim) and gets out the champagne to celebrate.. bottles of Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin are passed round to all and sundry on a gratis "get as much down your gullit as you can" basis

Geo's medical bill is settled and GT gives him a big wet kiss on the head, Atrocities is given another bottle of poison to really send him off, Puke is given a pristine 1977 1.6 Austin Allegro to replace his dreadnaught, Mac is given another Liz Hurley lookalike FBW to interfere with, PaladinofEarth is offered the LLC contract, Gryphin is given corrective surgery (on his eyes, on his eyes) and the world is now a happy laughing place full of happy laughing smiley people

Note to self1: hire a sushi chef and/or Rick Stein

Note to self2: speak to Dogscoff about a 100 MILE COMMUTE?

Note to self3: slap Tesco on the back for mentioning Mexican/Spanish beers... is there nothing better than an ice cold Dos Equis or Alhambra or Cruzcampo when served with nachos, fajitas and chimichangas

GT walks off to bar, drooling heavily

[ July 16, 2002, 16:36: Message edited by: Growltigga ]

DirectorTsaarx July 16th, 2002 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DirectorTsaarx:and charges him with one count of indecent exposure and two counts of cruel and unusual punishment (one for forcing friends to watch eurovision and one for the indecent exposure...).
Originally posted by Growltigga:
I plead guilty as charged m'lud on both counts. I should point out in mitigation of the offences that (a) my friends are all completely 'game-on' to watch eurovision, it really is exceptionally amusing and, I must admit, gets even quite racy (anyone remember the leather-clad petite chuck about from Croatia in this years competition or the extremely attractive Serbian lass from Last year), (b) it is actually 2 counts of indecent exposure as I then had to run round the estate twice (it actually doesn't take very much for me to get my clothes off), (c) it is a good excuse for a good feed and an excellent quaffing session and (d) I should like about 30 other offences to be taken into account

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">30 other offences, eh? What was that line about "Anyone who chooses to represent himself in a court of law has a fool for a client?" Please expound - we LOVE it when a prisoner incriminates himself http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif
Quote:

Originally posted by DirectorTsaarx:
Crown Royal would do nicely
Ah, a closet sophisticate at Last. I do like fosters though if served absolutely ice cold on a hot day
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah yes, what a friend of mine likes to call "lawnmower beer"; beer to be drunk ice-cold after being forced to work outside on a hot, sweaty day. The taste of the beer doesn't matter; in fact, it's better to use cheap, nasty beer so as not to waste the good stuff when you're more concerned with cold & numbing rather than taste & enjoyment.

Quote:

Originally posted by DirectorTsaarx:
Good thing my GF is more attractive than the FBW's; between the Tigga's policies and the girlfriend's temper, this Director would be demoted VERY quickly
So, your girlfriend is a bit of high score on the tottyscope but with the temper of a hippo with toothache to match then? and what are my policies that are liable to get you demoted then?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, the GF is a looker, and a jealous one at that (fine by me - I can be the jealous type as well http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif ). As for policies, in the initial post on this thread, you quoted from the Book of Cyril

Quote:

"And lo, verily it is foretold that a new cantina will arise from the ashes liketh unto spring flowers after rain, that said cantina will be a place of peace and tranquility, of grand cuisine, pleasant company and decent ale, and any peasant drinking crappy American beer will have done to them what God did'eth unto the sodomites, and if they then mess with the fluffy bunny waitresses (who have been practicing their samba'ing on copacabana beach and getting tans) they will have done to them what the sodomites did to one another..."

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Obviously, I was using "demoted" in the figurative sense. "Unmanned" (by the GF) and "violated" (by the mgmt. of the Cantina) would be the literal description of said actions...

DirectorTsaarx July 16th, 2002 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Taz-in-Space:
{Taz gives Director Tsaarx his beer and suggests he try a tasmanian beer, Cascade Premium Lager. Taz then orders a case for himself} http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah yes; I've had that as well. I'd forgotten it was Tasmanian, though... excellent choice of Lager, BTW. Good bartender! You get a tip: Buy low, sell high, and mineral planets are best http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Growltigga July 16th, 2002 06:25 PM

we LOVE it when a prisoner incriminates himself http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

You are right there. I did some summer service in the magistrates court years and years ago. This nutter of a man was in the dock for aggravated assault (about 4 nervous policemen standing around him and me in my nikes) and the beak tells nutter he is guilty and he is going down. Nutter says he is repentant and then asks for 182 other offences of aggagravated assault and grievous boldily harm to be taken into account. El Beako looks a bit shocked (I am in starter postions aimed at the exit), and asks nutter is they were all assault charges. Nutter says "He finks so but he wasn't sure cos some of them couldn't move afterwards"

Laugh? I did when I made it out of the building

Ah yes, what a friend of mine likes to call "lawnmower beer"; beer to be drunk ice-cold after being forced to work outside on a hot, sweaty day. The taste of the beer doesn't matter; in fact, it's better to use cheap, nasty beer so as not to waste the good stuff when you're more concerned with cold & numbing rather than taste & enjoyment.

LOL, I do like that term, I do think you are being a little unfair to Fosters, although I would qualify it by saying I normally would only drink the export

Yeah, the GF is a looker, and a jealous one at that (fine by me - I can be the jealous type as well http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif ). As for policies, in the initial post on this thread, you quoted from the Book of Cyril

I did quote but interfering with a FBW will get you tied over a barrel and rodgered senseless by someone called roger. Not demoted even in a figurative sense.. more like feeling like the outside of a sausage roll in the figurative sense

I think Crown Royal can be a regular in the bar.. as long as it is ice cold from the Eskey

TerranC July 16th, 2002 06:34 PM

Quote:

"YOU..DONT...GET..TIGERS...IN....BORNEO"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No... and yes.

I heard there used to be Borneo tigers, but they went also heard they went EXTINCT.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the British Elite made it a habit to collect exotic items during the imperial times?

*Ahem*

Also, to anybody that cares:
This will be my Last post until I move to Montreal and get set up; so if you have a message for me or something like such; please forget about it and never bring it up till next month.

Happy debating on US and UK judicial systems and Geography of Southeastern Asian Islands.

mac5732 July 16th, 2002 06:49 PM

have a good and safe move TerranC, see ya when you get back,, also we'll hold a free drink of 2 for you on Dogscoff's tab,, J(unless the Taz tests them for posterity, then we'll just put them on his tab) http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

just some ideas mac

PaladinOfEarth July 16th, 2002 07:04 PM

:: Idily takes mac's knight, Coughs lightly when mac orders a "Coors", Shows his teeth as mac takes a huge swig of Old Nut Hen Brown Ale ::

[ July 16, 2002, 18:05: Message edited by: PaladinOfEarth ]

DirectorTsaarx July 16th, 2002 08:33 PM

Quote:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DirectorTsaarx:
we LOVE it when a prisoner incriminates himself http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are right there. I did some summer service in the magistrates court years and years ago. This nutter of a man was in the dock for aggravated assault (about 4 nervous policemen standing around him and me in my nikes) and the beak tells nutter he is guilty and he is going down. Nutter says he is repentant and then asks for 182 other offences of aggagravated assault and grievous boldily harm to be taken into account. El Beako looks a bit shocked (I am in starter postions aimed at the exit), and asks nutter is they were all assault charges. Nutter says "He finks so but he wasn't sure cos some of them couldn't move afterwards"

Laugh? I did when I made it out of the building
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ahhhh... stupid criminal stories... my favorite was the would-be bank robber who decided to knock over a bank directly across from a US Government office on payday (since they'd have lots of cash on hand for those government worker paychecks). Well, he pulls a gun, informs the teller he's robbing the bank, and hears dozens of guns drawn & multiple voices yell "Freeze!" The poor sap had chosen to hold up the bank across from an FBI building on a day when lots of FBI agents would be cashing their paychecks. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

Terran - good luck with the move!

DirectorTsaarx July 16th, 2002 08:43 PM

I noticed on another thread (which contains a great deal of emotional debate that I don't care to soil my hands with) that Geo recently "discovered" cricket. Which gave me a thought (not necessarily a good one, but who cares, I've been drinking beer from Down Under again): this cantina needs a cricket team! Better, we need two teams so we can actually play a game (rather than sit around in uncomfortable uniforms & complain about old sports injuries) - that sorry excuse for a bar across the street is too American to understand the sport. They'd probably try to use a round bat and 4 bases...

Taz-in-Space July 17th, 2002 05:37 AM

Taz, finishing up a Last few details on the new 'fish tank', takes a moment to taste test a few beers. Have to keep the liquid stock up to par - you never know when we might get some watered down brews! {nasty job, but someone has to do it http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif }

Now that the gang has all appeared maybe it's time to PARTY!! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon6.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Puke July 17th, 2002 11:29 AM

puke looks about, then stares at the keys to the '77 Allegro in front of him. Not a dreadnaught, but...

he produces a flask from his jacket, pours Geo a shot of whiskey, and raises a toast:

to War, Strife, and Brawl. or to the First Round, wherever it went. either one.

Cheers, and let the angry mob stay outside the doors.

Gryphin July 17th, 2002 02:00 PM

:: Steps in from out of the sun, Trips over a chair, Picks himself up and gets a glass of greatfruit juice, Joins the toast in the name of peace ::
Paladin, you are up early and "Brandy" before 9am? &lt; phew &gt;.
Suggestion: Play SE. I have seen your paint jobs, Don't go there.

geoschmo July 17th, 2002 02:19 PM

Hey now Tsaarx, a cricket team would be a smashing idea! It would give me a chance to learn the finer points of the game.

As far as the other thread goes, I hope Gt feels as I do that it's all the jibes are in fun. I rather enjoy pulling the old cats tail, wot? And as far as the emotions go, it's been calm in there relative to some of the bruhaha's I have had occasion to witness watching the House of Commons debates on the telly. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Bartender, a drink for Gt please, I'm buying. No restrictions against drinking on duty 'eh Gt? What'll you have? A nice saucer of milk maybe? http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Geoschmo

Gryphin July 17th, 2002 02:25 PM

Juxtaposes:
Geo's use of the word "Smashing" and "cricket bat shaped head wounds "
Wonders if they are related and if this is part of the game of criket.

mac5732 July 17th, 2002 03:28 PM

Mac saunders in for his morning diet of high Caloric and Cholestral breakfast of bacon, eggs, home fries and rye toast, washed down with an ice cold orange juice, after looking over Puke's new allegro in the lot, sees the everyone raising their glasses in a toast, raises his in the joing of peace, prosperity and the glazing of planets, ahhhhhh, refreshing, looks at Taz who is a little unsteady on his feet this morning as he trys to fill the new fish tank with a paper cup, hmmmm, I think Taz has been testing a weee bit this morning, notices the saucer of Milk on the floor next to the bar, walks over, nods to Paladin, moves his Rook to Kings 5, sits down and reads about the new prosposed cricket Team. Not bad ideas, maybe even put in a dart board for dart leagues, waves at Geo who's head is all bandaged and his left arm in a sling, Then notices a new huge picture hanging behind the bar, Hey Taz, where did that photo of someone kissing a Gnu with a long snout come from???? Taz just looks over bleary eyed, shakes his head and goes back to filling the tank, this time with 2 cups.....

just some ideas mac

tesco samoa July 17th, 2002 03:43 PM

A guy walks into a psychiatrist's office with a concerned look
on his face.

"Doc," he says, "I'm worried. It's that dream. I'm having it
again!"

"What dream?" asked the psychiatrist.

"You know," says the man, "the one where I'm into sadism
and bestiality and necrophilia. Should I be worried or am I
just beating a dead horse?"

mac5732 July 17th, 2002 03:55 PM

A doctor, A Lawyer and an Aid Worker met with a friend of theirs, who gave each of them $50,000 to hold in trust for him in case something happened. He made then promise not to spend it as when he passes into the here-after he wants to take it with him

Several days later their friend passes away.
The three meet after the funeral to toast their departed friend's departure from this world.

The docotor confesses, I feel real bad, I spent $25,000 of the money he gave me for a new xray machine for the hospital...

The Aid worker states, I to am guilty, I spent $20,000 for food for the poor

The Lawyer looks at them and says, I also spent some of the money, but don't feel bad, I took care of everything, I wrote him a check for all of us and put it in his coffin.... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/tongue.gif

[ July 17, 2002, 14:57: Message edited by: mac5732 ]

geoschmo July 17th, 2002 03:59 PM

*GROAN*

...and doc, I'm having this other dream where sometimes I am a teepee and sometimes I am a wigwam. I don't know doc, do you think I am two tents?

Bad um bump, tish....

[ July 17, 2002, 15:00: Message edited by: geoschmo ]

mac5732 July 17th, 2002 04:23 PM

You know, after reading some of these aaheemmm joke Posts, I feel WE all have too much time on our hands.... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/image...s/rolleyes.gif http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/shock.gif

oh well, who wants to work anyway http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Taz, breakfast for everyone is on Geo and Tesco..... everyone dig in.....

a LOL Mac

DirectorTsaarx July 17th, 2002 08:32 PM

mac: you mean this place doesn't have a darts board yet? Good God/goddess/golly/cat, we better get one quick! It's not a proper drunk until you get to throw sharp, pointy objects at a wall, hoping that you hit the correct target (especially when there's really only one board, you're just _seeing_ two...) http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

mac5732 July 17th, 2002 09:15 PM

D.T. I agree, nothing like a good Dart Board to add some extra pizzzzaz to the cantina, hmmm, We'll have to ask the Taz, (when he's up and running again), to order a tournament size board. The only problem I can see is when one of Puke's or Tesco's get together parties start to become a singing ballad of 100 bottles of beer while throwing at the board, then it could be interesting, if you get the Point, or if Atrocities, who is currently recovering under the ministrations of the FBW, agains decides to attempt poisonous fluids after a bad day...

The cantina is becoming a rather sports bar,
a Cricket Team and now Dart Board Teams.. whats next... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

just some ideas mac

Gryphin July 17th, 2002 09:31 PM

:: Listening to the conversation, Gryphin dissapers quietly out the back door. A few moments later reapears with 3 super deluxe top of fasion and technolgy Dart Boards, Quickly hands them to mac to set up ::

Puke July 18th, 2002 12:15 AM

puke groans in pain from the horrid jokes being bantered about. The only sure way to take his mind of it is with food. Fortuneatly theres a new kosher sushi restruant that delivers locally.

once again, puke produces his crank-operated telephone. "operator? Sosumi's, please."

(puke ducks as a heavy object whizes over his head)

PaladinOfEarth July 18th, 2002 01:36 AM

:: In a fluid motion, Stands, Raises his brandy, Nods in agreement, sits to resume the game, Pleased there is one place of semi quiet and peace ::

Taz-in-Space July 18th, 2002 05:44 AM

...Taz, newly arrived and back on duty, notices 3 new dart Boards stacked on the bar. Well... I guess all we need now is some darts! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Now where to place the dart Boards? Knowing the patrons of the establishment - he places them as far from the bar ( and fish tank ) as he can! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/tongue.gif

That done, he looks around and notices:
Quote:

puke produces his crank-operated telephone.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK. Now the customers are making CRANK calls. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif
Taz shakes his head and resumes his post behind the bar...

tesco samoa July 18th, 2002 02:42 PM

Well if there is a games room starting up. Tesco brings in a air hockey game and a bubble hockey game. Canada vs Russia vintage 1994 one.

Something to think about

A subtle but apparently widespread corporate practice came to light earlier this year when the family of a deceased Wal-Mart warehouseman in Texas learned that the company had taken out a $64,000 life insurance policy on him, naming the company as beneficiary. Companies often buy policies for their top executives, but so-called "dead janitor" policies are usually purchased in secret, as tax dodges. Critics say that such companies lose the incentive to make their workplaces safer if they stand to collect on employees' deaths. Wal-Mart purchased about 350,000 such policies but canceled them this year after the practice was exposed. [Houston Chronicle, 4-16-02]

Trajan July 18th, 2002 03:22 PM

Trajan steps into the cantina, after havng angered his wife on his way out the door to his job. Pulling up a stool at the bar, he makes his usual request for a cold Bass Ale, and begins to plan a way out of the hole he fell into with the wife this morning.

---Hmmmm a dart board....now that might a good way to work off some steam.

[ July 18, 2002, 15:37: Message edited by: Trajan ]

DirectorTsaarx July 18th, 2002 03:53 PM

Well, now that we have some games, where's the music? I hear the Xiati can use their mechanical "enhancements" to create some interesting synthy new-age kinda stuff, the Drushocka tend more towards drum-heavy punk, and the EEE have been experimenting with synethesia stuff (you know, sound being experienced as light and vice versa).

Besides, I've got Elvis and Jim Morrison back in my time machine, and they're getting bored without an appreciative audience... http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

mac5732 July 18th, 2002 04:35 PM

Mac walks into the cantina for his morning usual high diatetic breakfast, notices all the construction work going on on the west side of the cantina, upon asking one of our lovely FBW whats up, she tells him, they are adding on an addition to expand the game room portion of the cantina. He strolls over to the area in question, and sees 3 delux dart Boards set up along with a player sign up sheet on the bulliton board along with a Cricket Team Roster sign up. hmmm, he mumbles, as he signs up on the Dart player sign up sheet, he also notices an extensive new sports TV system with 5 large monitors being installed on the walls, alright he exclaims, he walks back to his table and indulges drinking his orange juice waiting for his food and sees the Taz, who is looking better then yesterday, dragging a air hockey game towards the new addition and watches him as he places it near the new bubble hockey game. He also notices Trajan sloshing down some strong spirits and who is talking with Director Tsaarx, something about Elvis joining a Drushka and EEE spacial blues band,....???, his breakfast is served by his favorite L. Hurly look a like, sits back, waves to The Paladin who is at his usual table, notices the milk saucer still next to the bar untouched, waves, settles back to gorge himself and watch ESPN on one of the new monitors while watching Puke, during the commercials, try to turn the crank on a funny looking phone while reading what appears to be the 101 Phongs Head Joke Book.

relaxing mac

[ July 18, 2002, 15:42: Message edited by: mac5732 ]

Growltigga July 18th, 2002 06:32 PM

Growltigga picks up the phone and orders 1 bar billiards table, one pub skittles table, 1 extra large scalextric and table football with reinforced struts

tesco samoa July 18th, 2002 06:56 PM

Anti-Spam Legislation Opposed By Powerful Penis-Enlargement Lobby
http://www.theonion.com/onion3825/an...gislation.html

tesco samoa July 18th, 2002 09:17 PM

a classic at work today.

A newsletter from the states with a canadain spin on it sent out to everyone in north america.

Here's how it starts

QUITE BREEZY (hey) – WINDS EXPECTED TO REACH ABOOOT CANADA

Our early warning indicators were not that far off. We had predicted that our xxxlocations up north would be scheduled for .....

It goes down hill after that.
So typical. If your gonna slam someone at least take the time and effort to get it right .

Just posted this because some one here should get a laugh out of it.

geoschmo July 18th, 2002 09:46 PM

Geo observes all the commotion going on around him and wonders if they will install any video game consoles. This thought sends him off pondering a deep thought...

What if instead of game consoles we installed some LAN'd pc's? And then for the pc's we could get some really fun games. Maybe a 4X strategy game set in outer space in which we would all play the parts of galactic Emporers leading our mighty empires across far flung star systems. And then if we had questions or wanted to compare strategies we could ask them in the forum convienently provided by the distibutor of the game. But serious discussions about the game all the time wouldn't be fun, so occasionally we could open an off topic thread in that forum and pretend to be weary galactic emporers spending our off hours in a great intergalactic cantina...

At this point geo's head imploded.

Gryphin July 18th, 2002 09:56 PM

Geo,
I once again find myself explaining what I think is so funny.
Edit: That is: explaining to my co workers.
By the way:
What do you mean, "pretending"?

[ July 18, 2002, 21:56: Message edited by: The High Gryphin ]

geoschmo July 18th, 2002 09:58 PM

I would be happy to explain what I mean by pretending Gryphin, but I have no head.

At this point, Taz, who is dutifully wiping down the bar, gets to the headless body of geo slumped over the bar. He notices the "Head-alert" bracelet on his wrist...

Quote:

Hello, If this body becomes headless for any reason, do not panic. Do not attempt to administer first aid, and under no circumstances dispose of or destroy the body. Store it in an out of the way place and call the number below and someone will come pick it up. If this is inconvenient for you, drop it in the nearest mailbox and it will be returned to the owners family, postage guaranteed.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[ July 18, 2002, 21:09: Message edited by: geoschmo ]

Puke July 18th, 2002 10:20 PM

hmm, maybe we can rig something up with that stuffed Phong's head mascott over the bar. I've got some duct tape here, and if we could get it to make disparaging comments about lawyers, no one would know its not him.

I saw a Nissan Z in the parking lot, at the least we could steal the speach system out of it and Geo could say "The door is ajar" every time someone walks into the cantina.

Gryphin July 19th, 2002 01:47 AM

Looks at the stack of 5 boxes sitting on the bar next to where the dart Boards were, Clearly labled: Supreme Dartss, Wonders if Taz has been testing the product before he came into work ::

Fyron July 19th, 2002 05:27 AM

Quote:

Note to self2: speak to Dogscoff about a 100 MILE COMMUTE?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's not to hard to believe. It's 50 miles to work, 50 miles back. A lot of people that work in Los Angeles, California, live in suburbs far away (who actually wants to live in L.A. (save the Hollywood part) anyways?) and commute to work every day. My father did that for like 15 years.

tesco samoa July 19th, 2002 05:37 AM

As per Canadian traditions. It is my birthday so I show up at the bar and grill with 3 dozen donuts

Growltigga July 19th, 2002 10:42 AM

Belated Happy Birthday Tesco, I hope your celebrations were suitably liquid-fuelled and that you feel like you have wrestled a bear this morning.

mac5732 July 19th, 2002 04:26 PM

Mac stumbles into the cantina after almost being run over by a NissonZ which was recklessly being operated in the parking lot outside, driven by some radical laughing Maniac. Struggling up to the bar, he notices the headless countenance of Geo leaning on the wall over in the cornor, stares at the headless wonder, shakes his head, mumbles something about "somethings never change in the cantina", asks the Taz for a strong orange juice and wanders towards his table. On the way he spies the kitty milk saucer on the floor empty with what appears to be soggy donut crumbs all around it. Hmmm the Kat is Back he mutters, As he lowers his tired old frame into his chair, he observes, boxs of what could only be donuts on an adjoing table. Finally, some decent dietetic sustenance he shouts, pushing back his chair and mandering over, to partake of this luscious extravaganza of excellance, aaahhh chocolate cream filled, my favorite he exclaims and he grabs one in each hand and goes back to his table. He orders a large milk from one of the FBW, puts his feet up while gorging himself on the cream filled wonders.. ahhhh, now if only someone would scrape up the remains of the splattered Geo Head, this could be a right enjoyable morning,, he thinks to himself...As he starts to indulge in his daily LH dreams for the day, he sees the Kat dragging in a large pool talbe, now what is the old furry one up to now, he thinks as he continues to fill his frame with smooth tasty morsels. http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Tesco, Happy Birthday you old sot, tks for the donuts,

a gorging mac

[ July 19, 2002, 15:28: Message edited by: mac5732 ]

Growltigga July 19th, 2002 04:32 PM

Growltigga kicks saucer of milk over Mac (oops, sorry old timer) and finishes moving bar billiards table to corner of cantina.

Growltigga gives big sigh, opens a bottle of Laphroiag and down in one, followed by 6 bottles of 1692 Kentish bitter, as he worries about how the hell he is going to explain the rules of bar billiards to the Americans in the bar..

And as for trying to explain Bat "N" Trap, Pub Skittles and Whistle Miss Susie?? Growltigga reaches for the second bottle of Laphroiag and collapeses gently in the corner

geoschmo July 19th, 2002 05:45 PM

In the corner of the bar, unnoticed at first, the headless body of Geo begins to twitch. Slightly at first, steadily increasing to the point of convulsions. Suddenly the body comes to life and bolts upright in the chair, and then stands.

The arms, which at first had been flailing about uncontrolably, now appear to be working to a purpose and begin tugging at the stubby neck remains of the previous head. A small protrubance begins to form at this point, quickly expanding upwards at outwards with a disgusting sound that is at once reminicent of flesh being torn, and the sound of a ballon being inflated.

This protrubance has the initial appearance of an formless creature struggling to escape from Geo's body via the neck. However it quickly takes form and becomes apparent that it is in fact a new head in the form of Geo's old head, only much smaller, almost comically so, in size. As the head continues to expand, it becomes apparent that it is covered in a slimy substance that drips occasionally on to Geo's upper body and the floor.

As the new head reaches a size appropriate for the body, at least as much as the previous Geo's head was, the face contorts as Geo's stretches the newly formed mucles. All in the bar at this point stare in rapt attention as Geo suddenly blurts out, "Man! That really stings!"

And with that Geo excuses himself to the restroom to clean up.

tesco samoa July 19th, 2002 06:54 PM

now in the tesco tradition. Sushi for lunch and later tonigh after some gumbo a nice robusto ( Dominican ,,, Hoye de Montary )... Tesco cracks open the humidor and passes them around.