.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Bug: Enslaved Tartarian keeps prophet status? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=45443)

sansanjuan April 24th, 2010 11:39 PM

Enslaved Tartarian keeps prophet status?

1 Attachment(s)
(attached)

Anyone seen this before? This is immediatly post-battle. Perhaps it will reconcile and fix itself next turn?

-ssj

Gregstrom April 25th, 2010 04:03 AM

Re: Enslaved Tartarian keeps prophet status?

I've seen it before, and the status remains. IIRC, they don't get H3 if you GoR them.

Deathjester April 25th, 2010 01:14 PM

They remain a prophet and keep their H3. I have an example of that in a current game.

Gregstrom April 25th, 2010 01:24 PM

Are you sure you didn't Charm it? Charm =/= GoR.

Knai April 25th, 2010 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathjester (Post 742211)
They remain a prophet and keep their H3. I have an example of that in a current game.

However, they become your prophet, and spread your dominion. I found that out trying to dominion kill someone with a mercenary prophet. It didn't work.

Edi April 25th, 2010 02:34 PM

This is not a bug, it's a feature. It was that way already in Dominions 3 and IIRC KO confirmed that it was intentional once when somebody asked about it. That's why it's not in the bug list.

Stavis_L April 25th, 2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregstrom (Post 742213)
Are you sure you didn't Charm it? Charm =/= GoR.

The screenshot shows a unit without equipment slots, so it's definitely an enslavement vs. a charm.

Charmed prophets retain their "prophet" status (including their stat bonuses, as well as their H3 ability.)

I've never successfully enslaved a prophet before, so I don't know what happens if you GoR a prophet unit, or whether they retain prophet bonuses.

There was some question last time this was raised as to whether the "donor" nation (the one whose prophet got charmed/enslaved) could promote another prophet in this case. Don't know if the answer is different whether the prophet is enslaved vs. charmed away.

Sombre April 27th, 2010 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stavis_L (Post 742255)
The screenshot shows a unit without equipment slots, so it's definitely an enslavement vs. a charm.

Deathjester didn't post a screenshot.

Edi April 27th, 2010 07:53 AM

He refers to the OP screenshot.

A charmed/enslaved prophet counts as killed for the original owner, so they can later appoint a new one.

FAJ April 27th, 2010 08:46 AM

If the enslaving player gains a prophet this way, when he does not have one already, does that deny him the ability to appoint a new prophet?