.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   WinSPMBT (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Rambo (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=52939)

lansoar January 20th, 2023 10:03 PM

Rambo

I seem to recall that older versions of SP represented depleted infantry units as having less opportunities to fire all weapons. Now, I'm seeing INF units with a sole survivor attacking units, particularly armored units with all weapons, including RPG's and ATGMs. Is this intentional?

Thx

Mobhack January 21st, 2023 09:40 AM

Re: Rambo

Damaged or suppressed infantry units get less shots, especially for heavier (larger warhead) weapons. However:

Units which are damaged but have not moved will usually get at least 1 shot per slot, if rallied of all suppression. So a 1 man element which is in good order morale wise may get a mutlti-shot attack if no movement was done if it is very lucky and the dice gods are good to it. (Damaged units get a negative bonus if assaulting as well).

Also, the tank assault code looks for any HEAT weapon to use - and ATGM is HEAT. That is why WW2 ATR have a tiny HEAT value (but no HEAT ammo) for use in assaults. That is outside any currently available shot to fire, it is an assault weapon choice.

lansoar January 22nd, 2023 07:43 PM

Thank you for the quick response. I do like how INF in this game keeps me worried at all times unlike WAW.

DRG January 22nd, 2023 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lansoar (Post 853626)
Thank you for the quick response. I do like how INF in this game keeps me worried at all times unlike WAW.

As it should be...a tank ignoring infantry with anti-tank weapons is a ticket to valhalla

Dion January 26th, 2023 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRG (Post 853632)
Quote:

Originally Posted by lansoar (Post 853626)

As it should be...a tank ignoring infantry with anti-tank weapons is a ticket to valhalla

Ya, anti-tank weapons, especially man portable ones, are twice as powerful as they where in WWII. Which is saying a lot considering tanks are about 10 times more powerful as they where in WWII.

Depending on the terrain and the range, when anti-tank weapons with homing missiles fires at a tank it becomes an easy kill, especially at close range in open ground.

lansoar February 25th, 2023 08:23 PM

I would agree overall. The problem with any war-game is that if one can memorize a pattern or routine in the game, it can then be exploited. Old SP and WAW pretty much made it impossible for an INF unit reduced to one or two members to fire more than the primary weapon. (usually a rifle type) so one could plan/move AFVs accordingly. While it "may" stretch credibility at times to envision a single man INF unit firing multiple weapons in a pulse, (hence my title of "Rambo"), id rather have the die roll in vs. out. Keeps one on their toes.

Still....the systolic has raised slightly during those occasions when I'm on the receiving end. lol.

troopie February 26th, 2023 02:13 AM

A tank, with infantry support, is a dangerous opponent. A tank, unsupported, is a target.

troopie