.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Robe of Invulnerability bug? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=38405)

Zargen April 13th, 2008 06:47 PM

Robe of Invulnerability bug?

Dont know if this has been brought up before(though im sure it has) But I think it should be called the robe of -vulnerability- *chucklesnort*. Manual says it makes you invulnerable. Robe says it makes you invulnerable. But when I put it on any commander I have. All they get for it is weakness to poison x100. Not very helpful!

triqui April 13th, 2008 07:01 PM

Re: Robe of Invulnerability bug?

Probably your comander already have protection 25 from natural armor (Which is what the invulnerability spell does). Poison vulnerability is the side-effect of said spell (just like barkskin with fire, or ironskin with lighting)

Renojustin April 13th, 2008 09:39 PM

And Stoneskin for cold.

Zargen April 13th, 2008 10:17 PM

Wow. So the barkskin amulet, stone boots, and robe of invulnerability is a bad thing? XD lol. Thanks for the quick responses.

sector24 April 13th, 2008 11:02 PM

They're not bad, but they're not universally good either. It's a tradeoff.

sum1lost April 14th, 2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

Zargen said:
Dont know if this has been brought up before(though im sure it has) But I think it should be called the robe of -vulnerability- *chucklesnort*. Manual says it makes you invulnerable. Robe says it makes you invulnerable. But when I put it on any commander I have. All they get for it is weakness to poison x100. Not very helpful!

They should have a protection rating of 25 or greater. Its just under HP.

sansanjuan April 14th, 2008 02:46 PM

I had a skratti thug in werewolf form fight a bunch of tritons and lost with

spells...
quickness
winter chill spell

items....
robe of invulnerability
anti-poison ring
vine sheild
ice sword
underwater breathing

I figured they would fall like wheat but my werewolf ended up as chum.. the ring should negate any poison effects.. no? forgot to check that...

-SSJ

lch April 14th, 2008 03:38 PM

The Robe gives -100 PR, the ring +100 PR, so you end up with +/- 0 PR. Unless your guy starts with poison immunity, he'll be vulnerable to it like normal.

sansanjuan April 14th, 2008 03:55 PM

Ich,
Thanks for the reply. A Shroud of the Battle Saint might have been better wardrobe (w W9N4). Die and learn.
-SSJ

Micah April 14th, 2008 04:32 PM

Sounds like your werewolf probably fatigued out too, no reinvig and quickness with the UW enc penalty will get you killed quite quickly.