.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Ooh, ooh, new info on patch page! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=41033)

vfb October 27th, 2008 09:04 AM

Ooh, ooh, new info on patch page!

I see this page http://ulm.illwinter.com/dom3/dom3progress.html has been updated.

Looks like some balancing happened to Hinnom. Size 5 chariots! I like that, those horses never did look all that big. And a whole other bunch of Hinnom changes.

And ... drum roll please ...

- R'lyeh dreamlands suffered from the same problem as Ermor once did. Dom-kill rate now multiplied by 5.

:eek:

Gandalf Parker October 27th, 2008 09:08 AM

Re: Ooh, ooh, new info on patch page!

I did notice that on the way in this morning, but thanks for posting about it.

The one I liked was this one..
* Shape changing could result in incorrect magic item loss, fixed.

Nikelaos October 27th, 2008 09:43 AM

ah finally the action of cooking villagers in a big pot of stew has a bad affect on the feelings of people.

Executor October 27th, 2008 09:44 AM

Bad news for R'lyeh too.

Sombre October 27th, 2008 10:08 AM

I don't think anyone is going to complain about Rlyeh getting some sort of nerf. It had gotten to the point where they were routinely banned from games.

Herode October 27th, 2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker (Post 648444)
The one I liked was this one..
* Shape changing could result in incorrect magic item loss, fixed.

+1 :D

My Dragon pretender in Victoria lost 2 Horned helmet with with that bug.

A little OT maybe, but I wonder if shape changing causes a morale check or something like that since my dragon SC routed on round 2 just after he changed his shape :hurt:

SlipperyJim October 27th, 2008 10:21 AM

The Melqarts went from 2B to 3B, and the Ba'als went from 3B to 2B.

On the surface, that looks like a nothing change, but I think it's actually a micro-nerf. It makes the Melqarts a slightly less-obvious choice for SC, and means they might spend some time in the lab, so you can't specialize quite as much as before.

The Dawn Guard went to 45 gold, but Edi's database already listed it as 45 gold? Error in the database, or error on the Progress page? Anyway, increasing the cost of the Dawn Guard probably makes sense, because they were very good for the price.

Quote:

Ba'al eat Melquart event reversed
Does that mean that Melqarts will eat Ba'als now? Fascinating.

The other nerfs are pretty hard to argue. In fact, they look highly appropriate. Even with these nerfs, I think that Hinnom will remain a strong nation ... and that's a good thing. :)

Amhazair October 27th, 2008 11:40 AM

I totally agree that R'lyeh could do with some balancing, so I'm not really going to complain. I will want to see how fast a 5 times faster domkill will actually depopulate you. Thematically I never envisioned R'lyeh as leaving totally empty wastelands behind, but rather that you would see a diminished population grieving over their relatives who went mad and marched of to follow the dream. I wouldn't really like to see R'lyeh having tons of 0-population provinces.

The Hinnom changes are looking good, and the mod commands from the previous update (which I apparently missed) also look like they could be really intresting for the modders among us. (And thus also for everyone without intrest in modding who does like to use mods. :))

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herode (Post 648465)
A little OT maybe, but I wonder if shape changing causes a morale check or something like that since my dragon SC routed on round 2 just after he changed his shape :hurt:

In what direction did you shapechange? If it was from Dragon to humanoid (the less obvious choise I guess) It might just have brought you under the autorout hp limit?

K October 27th, 2008 12:30 PM

I'll miss the Wish bug being fixed. I always thought it was a neat way to bone large games.

Poopsi October 27th, 2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Thematically I never envisioned R'lyeh as leaving totally empty wastelands behind, but rather that you would see a diminished population grieving over their relatives who went mad and marched of to follow the dream. I wouldn't really like to see R'lyeh having tons of 0-population provinces.
I dont see it as really killing everyone. I see the population loss as signifying that those provinces no longer have regular humans, because they have either been murdered by void cults or void beings, joined void cults, or mutated into horrible creatures. In any of those scenarios they are basically irretrievable as population, and are simply part of the dreamlands. (My own thematic take)