.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Dominions 3: The Awakening (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   Event militia - who gets what? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44111)

Stavis_L October 8th, 2009 08:49 AM

Event militia - who gets what?

While playing a recent game as Bogarus and having luck scales, I received several militia events, including receiving the "default" militia unit (twice), voi spearmen (once), and voi axemen (3 times). Made me wonder:

1) What other nations have non-default militia, and what units are they? (this would factor into possible extra consideration for taking luck scales)
2) Do the units types come from a hard-coded roster, or is there some attribute of a unit that defines it a "militia type" for the purposes of this event? For instance, both the national units above have morale 8 - would that be the characteristic? (this would have some impact on mod considerations)

Thanks all.

Here's a compilation of what people have come up with so far:

Bogarus - voi axemen, voi spearmen
Kailasa, Lanka, Patala - markata (does this hold for other monkey nations?)
(EA?) Arco - cardaces.
Pangaea - satyrs (all ages?)
(LA?) Abysia - some national troop
EA Atlantis - deep ones
MA R'yleh - Atlantians (Slave Troopers?) + a magic item
Pythium - velites.
Vanheim - huskarls (not sure)
Yomi?, Jomon - ronin (assuming this = "the ronin nations")
MA, LA Marignon - flagellant
EA, MA Oceania - ichtysatyrs
MA C'tis - lizard militia
EA Ermor - accensus
MA Caleum - spire Horn Warriors
Shinuyama - bakemono-sho
MA Eriu - milesian spearmen.
MA Man - spearman
T'ien Ch'i (all ages?) - Footmen w/pikes

lch October 8th, 2009 09:05 AM

Re: Event militia - who gets what?

I think I remember that nation-specific militia through random events was added in a patch some versions back. Before that, all you got was plain militia. Look at the patch release notes or Illwinter's changelog to know when that happened.

Edi October 8th, 2009 09:10 AM

Militia events are hardcoded, so national troop events like the voi spearmen are hardcoded to that nation and nobody else can get them. LA Abysia is another one that can get nationals and they weren't even half bad.

I may have some sort of list floating around somewhere, so I can try to see if I can find it.

Amorphous October 8th, 2009 09:18 AM

At least in EA, Arcoscephale receives Cardaces and EA Atlantis receives Deep Ones.

I had a extremely fitting incident with Atlantis once - the same turn I started to besiege the Oceanea capital I received the message that many Deep Ones came up from the deeps to feast on fish and mermen.

Gokufan1988 October 8th, 2009 09:55 AM

I'm pretty sure the monkey nations have a special one, but I don't remember which units they get.

LDiCesare October 8th, 2009 10:42 AM

Pythium gets velites.
I think Vanheim gets huskarls but I'm not sure.

chrispedersen October 8th, 2009 10:49 AM

the ronin nations get ronin.
its my impression that besides the generic flagellent event marignon has the chance to get additional flagellants.

there are bakemono generation events as well

Burnsaber October 8th, 2009 11:01 AM

Oceania gets ichtysatyrs. Even on EA, which is quite odd, to say in the least. The message even mentioned Cparicorns (IIRC) that aren't even recruitable for EA.

Agema October 8th, 2009 11:36 AM

Well, let's just assume there may be a few capricorns floating around in EA, it's just they haven't become numerous enough to be represented.

Amonchakad October 8th, 2009 04:24 PM

I know that MA C'tis gets their national lizard militia, though I think that the only difference with the normal one lies in being cold-blooded.