.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Map: The Land of Ethereal Squirrels (wraparound, 103+13) - Actually finally fixed! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=44084)

elmokki October 4th, 2009 08:11 AM

The Land of Ethereal Squirrels (wraparound, 103+13) - Actually finally fixed!

1 Attachment(s)
NEW: I actually bothered to remove the two extra province dots and therefore redo all province connections. The fixed version won't work with old saves using the same map and yet it will replace the old one
NEW: Removed the duplicate province on 5.10.

I aimed for 100-120 land provinces and apparently hit the target zone. It's a wraparound of a size I haven't done yet and that won't be too much fun for sea nations.

Distinctively from my older maps, rivers do not allow water travel between adjacent water provinces (there's just one such connection anyway)

I also included the GIMP .xcf file for anyone who wants to rip the graphics or modify the map or whatever. Ground itself is on the background layer, graphics and the white dots are on vuorta-layer and borders are on rajaa-layer.
Disregard that. I'll supply a .xcf upon request

Map itself is in squirrels-fixed.zip
.xcf is in squirrels-xcf.zip

I personally won't link to Dominions 3 content made by me any more and I hope no-one else will either (old links are fine, whatever). You should be able to find them or most of them by asking on IRC or googling the other forums

Fantomen October 4th, 2009 09:55 AM

Re: The Land of Ethereal Squirrels (wraparound, 106+13)

Really clean and nice map, great work.

Zentar October 4th, 2009 10:07 AM

Nice graphics and design. I've seen these nice graphics in other maps and I'm glad to see them again. Rivers and bridges create nice choke points. Are the start points assigned?

elmokki October 4th, 2009 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zentar (Post 713256)
Nice graphics and design. I've seen these nice graphics in other maps and I'm glad to see them again. Rivers and bridges create nice choke points. Are the start points assigned?

Nope. I rather leave that for game hosts to do as while certain start points might be fine for 10 players, they could create a problem for 7 players et cetera.

PashaDawg October 4th, 2009 01:50 PM

Nice map. Good size!

Trumanator October 4th, 2009 02:31 PM

There seems to be an error. provinces 67 and 69 are right on top of each other, and 67 has no connections.

elmokki October 4th, 2009 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumanator (Post 713291)
There seems to be an error. provinces 67 and 69 are right on top of each other, and 67 has no connections.

You're true.

I won't fix it straight away since fixing it will require me doing all the neighbours again.

PashaDawg October 4th, 2009 03:43 PM

We all need to hire Trumanator to double check our maps for us! He found a goof on my map, too. :)

Trumanator October 4th, 2009 05:56 PM

Heh, both of them were just dumb luck. I started a small game to give it a run and found both problems close to my start.

Squirrelloid October 5th, 2009 12:11 AM

Nice looking map.

And I definitely approve of the name =)