.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Space Empires: IV & V (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong's Head Cantina - After Hours (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=6576)

Quikngruvn November 8th, 2002 07:07 PM

Re: Ye New Galactic Bar & Grill & Phong\'s Head Cantina - After Hours

[Quikngruvn opens his throat and slams the shot in one gulp, and follows quickly with the beer chaser. A few seconds later and the glass is empty. Suddenly a massive belch reverberates around the Cantina, causing everyone in the room to look his way. "Excuse me," Quikngruvn grins sheepishly.]

Thanks, Dogscoff. I needed that! http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Quikngruvn

Growltigga November 8th, 2002 07:12 PM

Tigga joins in the slam-dunkin' but then watches in horror as Taz has to leap out of the way to avid being covered in projectile vomit

"Oops, Sorry Taz, must have had a bad pint or seven"...

Right, who is up for some real drinking, Taz, serve up that industrial alcohol with that lime juice put in it

Raging Deadstar November 8th, 2002 08:12 PM

OHNO!! We havn't seen GT drink in this excess before

*A Distant rumble can be heard as the "current" Mrs GT storms towards to the cantina, complete with fleets of "Fairy Liquid" Battle Cruisers, "MR Sheen" carriers loaded to the brim with apron and yellow rubber glove wearing fighter pilots and the aforementioned female in her "What Time do U call this?" Base Ship. The Sky turns black and the full realisation of the situation falls in, Timstone disapears in his time travelling gearbox, taking his polish gf for a night of love only someone from "pampercity" can do, in other words timstone'll be expecting soon, rags who is currently plagued by demons and being stalked by gunther dives in a closet and mac almost has a heart attack as he and taz peer from behind the bar. The "Current" Mrs GT smashes through the door, her eyes glowing red, wearing a tiger striped orange robe, complete with matching rubber gloves, apron and chef's hat. Her minions of tupperware loving Mole Rats spot GT and bring him forth, the place is silent as we wait for the feline to get out of this...*

"Growltigga, Growltigga" she booms, Mac's heart fails him and taz is left pouring beer down his throat and flashing glossy magasine shots of liz hurley to revive our regular of wisdom. Rags pushes gunther from out the closet they were in and sacrifices the cantinas resident witch hunter to the evil minions of Mr's GT. Screams can be heard as he is shown the pile of dishes aboard The purest form of fear's baseship and begins an eternity toiling. Dogscoff waves a bon voyage to GT and begins unmercilessly drinking his Last hours away.

"You Promised Not to Drink at Work!!" Everyone gulps, although not every regulAr is a lawyer they all realise that a promise to a women is harder to get out of than any legal document, iron clad or not! GT realises theres only one thing for it and pulls out the only thing that will get him out of such a life threatening predicament, he hands her the credit card which is for Tigga Scoff PLC's bank account. Growltigga can almost picture the red minus numbers and the falling shares as the seconds tick by but can't help breath a sigh of relief as "Fears purest form" accepts such apology and flees the cantina knowing there are only 6 more shopping hours left!

Timstone November 8th, 2002 08:22 PM

Great storywriting RD!! One for the historybooks! Especially the bit about "Love like only someone from Pampercity can give...".

mac5732 November 8th, 2002 09:54 PM

Mac, peering from behind the bar with Taz, watches the Greatly upset "current Mrs GT", lay into the poor old furry feline all the while flanked by her own minions of terror, oh oh, I hope this doesn't mean other wives, girlfriends, partners or whatever are going to start inspecting the goings on here at the cantina, is no where safe he mumbles to Taz, while the wiley devil administers brewskises down his countenance and showing him Liz Hurly mags to settle his feeble old anatamy from going into shutdown mode.... He sees GT hand over his golden platinum credit card to his better half with tears streaming down his face, as she quickly takes it and yells "charge it" and proceeds to leave the cantina. The poor tigga is just a smattering of himself as he mumbles, there goes all my profits..... grabs another bottle of top shelf wine and guzzles it down as he contemplates the wisdom of allowing one to apply for credit cards while being married...

With the exit of Lady Tigga, Mac grabs his scientific journal on the theories of Vampires, written by Dr. StakethemAll and Dr. BitemyNeck, thanks Taz for his help in lowering his heart rate, and shuffles over to his table to indulge himself into the research of the undead,

(over in the shadows, without being seen by anyone, The Grinning Gryphin closes his portable fax, erasing the address and the message that was sent, laughing to himself as he watches GT moaning and groaning about his soon to be over used credit card...) http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Taz-in-Space November 8th, 2002 10:12 PM

...IS THE CANTINA SOON TO BE BANKRUPT?...
...WILL GROWLTIGGA EVER GET HIS CREDIT CARD BACK?...
...WILL THE VAMPIRE FYRON EVER BE CAUGHT?...

FOR THESE ANSWERS AND MORE - STAY TUNED!

&#1 I now return you to the regularly scheduled Cantina &#1

mlmbd November 9th, 2002 02:57 AM

Timstone,

I never said HOME wasn't a cave.

Ah yes barkeep, I need to buy the TIGER there one Last round before he goes!!

Growltigga, you will sorely missed...................

mlmbd http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/shock.gif

mlmbd November 9th, 2002 04:09 AM

Hey, wait THAT'S MY CREDIT CARD.

mlmbd http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/shock.gif , considers following after the disgruntled Mrs GT. But decides against it. After all he has only ONE life (which he most assuredly would surrender in trying to re-aquire his credit card), and after all he has plenty of other Credit Cards.

mlmbd http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/images/icons/shock.gif

Ragnarok November 9th, 2002 06:54 AM

"thanks Taz for his help in lowering his heart rate"

Shouldn't all that Taz did increase your heart rate instead of lowering it?
I must be confused or I just have had too much to drink tonight. Just thought I'd ask.

Oh, and mlmbd, sorry for the credit card lose. I'm sure that'll hurt wallet a bit.
Even if you do have other cards to replace that one you still have the bill to pay on it.

Ok, enough of my nonsense for tonight. I'm tired so I'm out of here.

*Rags walks towards the door, pays his tab for the day and jumps in his mighty DD and flies off at ludicris speeds...*

Fyron November 9th, 2002 07:21 AM

Fyron the Vampire chuckles inwardly again. Unknown to the hapless Cantina residents, he was an accomplished mage in his former life. What the Vegetable God was chasing was actually a Shadow creature, made to look like Fyron. Unfortunately for the Vegetable God, the Shadow Fyron had been designed with a special, very potent spell, capable of annihiliating vegetables in any form, and also capable of banishing those that were divine, and could not be killed so easily. This spell was set to trigger once the Shadow reached a certain distance from the Cantina. Once reached, the spell was set off. A blinding flash was all the Cantina residents could see. The entire army of vegetables was instantly annihiliated. The Vegetable God was irrevecobly Banned from this plane of existance, and could never in any way shape or form return to it.

Meanwhile, Fyron (who had cast an Invisibility spell on himself earlier), was able to watch the preceding events without fear of detection. As the spell made him literally transparent, Tachyon Scanners and their ilk could not detect him (because they relied on detecting the bending of light performed by normal cloaking devices).