.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   War Plan Pacific (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209)
-   -   Bug: Invasion failed? (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=43085)

Von_Altair May 11th, 2009 10:53 AM

Invasion failed?

Finally patch came in! So I tested it right away and noticed strange thing.

Playing as Japan and hitting Singapore with First Strike fleet + SNFL. Only few defenders that withdraw right away and I wiped airplanes too, but invasion STILL FAILS!? This didin't happen before patch. There is +1 marker at ally screen, does it mean that they have reinforcements incoming in next turn and thats why invasion fails, that doesn't make sense?? I had total air + naval control over the battlefiend. Is this just a new bug following behind fixed things? Can someone please explain?

I'll add screenshot here:
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.ph...ion_Failed.jpg

Profanicus May 23rd, 2009 06:03 AM

Re: Invasion failed?

1 Attachment(s)
I had this happen to me today as well, in 1.03; invading Samoa with no resistance bar a couple of land-based aircraft (which withdrew straight away). Invasion failed! I don't understand. :)

Speaking of bugs, in another battle I called for reinforcements and got CTD. Clicked R in the battle board, clicked to change a patrol location. When I clicked to resume game, the patrol location reverted and the reinforce popup didn't close. Next time I clicked - CTD. Error log attached.

I might mention I am using Windows 7 RC :)

Strider May 23rd, 2009 11:47 AM

I just started a PBEM game and had the failed Samoa invasion...plus in another PBEM game I had a failed invasion. Both were due to the chance that a single transport 'can' fail, especially if the base is built up, even without a TF or land based aircraft defending it. Also, in one of the PBEM games, he had an invasion fail in which he completely destroyed a decent strength TF I had defending the island, and the island was not built up very much. Again, it was due to using a single transport. Most of the time, a single transport will work, but not always.

Profanicus May 23rd, 2009 07:06 PM

Ok, thanks; I was using a single transport also - now I understand. :)

Von_Altair May 24th, 2009 06:52 PM

Looks like this problem came in right after they fixed previous bugs/ exploits. Now it wont let airplanes to bomb the base like it did before the patch. So invasion fails if target has built base, becose airbombing missions are gone/weaker. This is obviously a fixed bug which caused another bug. I don't think it is intended to use 2 invasion unit for 1 base, becose then Japan would lack those units.

This problem should be fixed or more land units should be given for Japan to balance different needs. I have played ONLY ONE WORKING SINGLE PLAYER GAME after I bought this game. The rest two months I have been waiting for fixed game. Lets see how long it takes to get things working as intended...

I would really like to hear some comments from creators about this, if they even read/knows about these problems.

JMHawkins May 30th, 2009 01:09 PM

You don't have to use two transports, but if you go with only one, there's a chance the invasion - especially against a larger base, will fail. Aircraft will still bombard a base if there are no ships defending it (or they've all been driven away).

Von Altair, when you say "I have played ONLY ONE WORKING SINGLE PLAYER GAME after I bought this game" can you please elaborate on what specifically was not working? From the thread, I'm guessing you mean the chance of failed invasions, but I would like to be sure.

Thanks,

-John Hawkins
KE Studios

Von_Altair May 30th, 2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMHawkins (Post 693658)
You don't have to use two transports, but if you go with only one, there's a chance the invasion - especially against a larger base, will fail. Aircraft will still bombard a base if there are no ships defending it (or they've all been driven away).

Von Altair, when you say "I have played ONLY ONE WORKING SINGLE PLAYER GAME after I bought this game" can you please elaborate on what specifically was not working? From the thread, I'm guessing you mean the chance of failed invasions, but I would like to be sure.

Ahh! If I get this reply right, this fail with just one SNFL is not actually a bug but a new feature! A feature which worked differently before patch. Thank you for informing this, I didin't know! Thought the game still bugs and thats why I didin't play it hehe. I re-checked patch notes to be sure if I was blind and didin't see information about it! :)

I played a new game knowing about this and seems that everything works now, Japan is a bit slower though, since you have to keep 1 SNFL in reserve. Lets see how it works in long run. Will have to test multiplayer/PBEM next.