.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Scenarios, Maps and Mods (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Mod: Mytheology Pretenders 3 (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=40168)

Psientist August 12th, 2008 04:46 PM

Mytheology Pretenders 3

3/14/09 - A new Mytheology update with new units and spells, and the usual rebalancing tweaks!

Description:
51 new units including 17 new Pretenders, 25 new units, and 8 Pretenders formerly available only as summons. 18 new custom weapons, 2 new custom unit armors, and 4 new forgable magic items. 33 new spells, both battle and ritual.

Download version 3.05 at: mytheology3.zip

The zip file now also includes spell manual additions, and a spreadsheet listing all the unit, weapon, armor and spell numbers so you can track conflicts against other mods.

Aezeal August 12th, 2008 04:58 PM

Re: Mytheology Pretenders 3

Seems like a nice mod

#secondaryeffect 453 -- harpooning
--> I can't find what this does in the UOR .. in another thread I'm looking for a way to make ranged weapons work underwater. When I read harpooning I though it might be what I wanted.. but it's not used on a ranged weapon
--> can you explain

and can we really only upload with 97 K max??? that will ruin the mod community!!

Psientist August 12th, 2008 05:02 PM

Harpooning, as instructed to me by the wise Dominions Mod Elders, causes the same effect as nets - defense reduction and next round immobility : http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...ght=harpooning

And no, it doesn't require ranging to work underwater, which kinda sucks for another mod I'm working on.

When I tried to upload my 1.1MB zipped mod, it threw an error at me.

Aezeal August 12th, 2008 05:06 PM

damn for the space mod I really need space (water) combat.. and ranged.. otherwise it'll just be spacetroopers and spacecraft bumping into eachother... and giving them all the same weapon isn't all that either.

I could probably copy mind blast and make it do like 1 damage and then give pplz upto like 10 weapons if I'd want them to do 10 damage... but that would only work if armour negating (else 1 damage will never penetrate) and that would also take away all use of armor in space.

PS how did you ever find out about that secondary effect???? I mean it's not described anywhere how did you know it existed?

Psientist August 12th, 2008 05:18 PM

I learned of that effect via the modders #1 toolkit: Edi's Database http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=39211

In another thread on harpooning, somebody mentioned the "piercer" weapon is ranged and works underwater. That should be checked out to see if true... perhaps its effect could then be copied.

Aezeal August 12th, 2008 05:22 PM

yeah but still.. for that space mod I'll need a LOT of weapons we could use in space.. I already have like 10.. and that is with 1 nation.

you mention copy.. but how could I do that.. I only see the option to select a weapon (say piercer) and then change certain things.... now if I could create a new weapon and then copy stats and then change there'd be no problem (I think) but as far as I know that can't be done? or am I wrong (I hope so)

Psientist August 12th, 2008 05:26 PM

Halp! I've threadjacked myself!

No, I guess there really isn't a way to copy except by using #secondaryeffect and #secondaryeffectalways, which isn't the same thing. HOWEVER, sometimes they overwrite the original #newweapon definitions for some reason, you might want to give it a try anyway. That happened when I tried to add a "stun" secondaryeffect to a new weapon I created. Good luck.

llamabeast August 12th, 2008 05:30 PM

Just thought I would mention because I've always wondered - you do know Mytheology is a misspelling right? Why the extra "e"?

Psientist August 12th, 2008 05:35 PM

Myth + Theology = Mytheology

HoneyBadger August 12th, 2008 05:54 PM

I always thought it was My + Theology :)

llamabeast August 12th, 2008 06:05 PM

Aha, got it.

Adric17 August 16th, 2008 02:51 PM

Hi Psientist,

This looks like a really nice mod. I'll try it

Psientist August 16th, 2008 03:58 PM

Thanks, Adric17. A lotta time went into it...

Gandalf Parker December 17th, 2008 11:48 AM

the link on this is broken.
Does anyone have it and I can host it

Calchet December 17th, 2008 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe this is it. It's not the original zip but rather one recreated from an old mod folder backup of mine, though, so something might be missing.

Psientist March 3rd, 2009 07:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New update coming soon. Just a teaser.... AKU!

Gregstrom March 4th, 2009 05:34 AM

Ooh, pretty...

I'm rather looking forward to having this turn up.

Endoperez March 4th, 2009 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psientist (Post 678002)
New update coming soon. Just a teaser.... AKU!

AKU!:D

You have a perfect timing. I just started watching season 4 of Samurai Jack. The last episode I watched, "Samurai and ninja" was at least Awe +4!

Psientist March 4th, 2009 10:34 AM

the time consuming part of Aku is I have to make separate sprites for a dragon shape, an octo-thingy, a bird-bat thingy.... etc

Gandalf Parker March 4th, 2009 02:26 PM

I look forward to this. Its one of my favorite mods.

Psientist March 5th, 2009 07:30 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow, that's quite the compliment, considering who it's from. Thanks!

Another quick peek at new art for the update. I was never happy with my old black dragon sprite, which borrowed artwork from another artist.

also some more of the Aku images.

Psientist March 5th, 2009 08:38 PM

arrrgggh. I was hoping I could chain together multiple shapes for Aku each with the #shapechange command. Unfortunately, it only recognizes two shapes total in the chain (the first, and the last which links back to the first). So much for Shapeshifting Master of Darkness. I'll just give the dragon shape a #watershape of the octopoid I guess.

Psientist March 14th, 2009 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After long last, another Mytheology update. The changes aren't as dramatic this time, but here's a version change list:

- added the Prodigal King pretender <shown attached>
- added the Aku pretender, reasonably happy with it.
- new graphic for the black dragon. Always hated the old one.
- added the "siege catapult" and "siege trebuchet" construction spells, and respective units and weapons. And playtested them.
- altered Shards of Hastur, Eclipse spells for balance.
- hopefully fixed the Loki's Mirrors spell, which just kinda spazzed out when casted. Didn't get around to verifying the fix tho.
- Created lesser and greater circlets of blasting magic items. They craft fine, but haven't been able to prove whether or not they work since as weapons, they don't "announce" when they work.
- rebalanced the Elder Sign spell and unit, and unlocked it.
- unlocked the Hand of Destiny chain spell, and tested it. Fun!
- renumbered several units for more numbering consistency - it had gotten sloppy.
- cleaned up the Sanctuary spell code.

When I get a chance, I'm chomping on a Tiamat pretender which will make it into a future update.

The download link is in the first post of this thread.

Gregstrom March 17th, 2009 04:59 AM

Is Aku's octopoid form meant to have an old age threshold of 50? It makes him somewhat less than competent underwater.

Psientist March 17th, 2009 10:07 AM

LOL no!

To be honest, after I post an update with new units, I dread seeing the "replies" count go up in the forum browser, because I just KNOW somebody is helpfully pointing out something that needs fixin'!

Gregstrom March 17th, 2009 10:40 AM

:D Glad to be of service!

I really like the Mytheology mod, by the way.

Psientist March 22nd, 2009 02:17 PM

Minor update loaded. Added two magic items, adjusted some sprites.

DaveCG March 28th, 2009 11:54 AM

Hey there, first off this is a great mod, but I've noticed some things I thought you might like to know.

I'm on 3.23b(? latest patch for dom3 as of writting) and I've freshly downloaded your mod again, just to make sure it wasn't something I've changed, normally I run the balance mod for scales and pretenders along with nova deus II, the really old pretender mod+art upgrade by...zepath I think? anyway, I was just scaning your .dm file for conflicts (you've got the spread sheet thing I know, but for some strange reason I don't have excell or anything that can open it) and I noticed a few things, and tested them out ingame with no other mods just to double check...

Your Carrion Lord (2958) shares it's number with the EA Gold Dragon, even after I changed the numbers about, neither of them would show up, I also tried removing the restriction on the dragon, but still nothing, also your chaos mage shares it's number (2992) with the special manifestaion for summoning, not pretender grim reaper, and as such, the black dragons shape shift is set to 2992, and while I think it's meant to be the chaos mage (?) it shifts into the reaper, I changed the mages number around and altered the shape shift number and it worked fine, not impacting on the spell for the reaper.

Anyway, thoses are the only things I could notice, as I said I downloaded it fresh off your first post again, just in case.

Now that's out of the way, like I said earlier this is a great mod, I love a good deal of the pretenders in it and the sprites are really nice, I hope you carry on adding/supporting this, as I think I'll have to merge this into my standard mods set for all my games :)

Anyway, hope that helps.

Psientist April 1st, 2009 04:00 PM

Thanks. I'll double check. With the previous-to-latest mod update, I renumbered many of my units to be more consistent (over time, I was getting gaps and holes in the numbering, and Antilarium and Mytheology unit numbers were interspersed randomly, and unit-combos were not listed in sequence, etc.). Before my latest update, I *had* manually checked for unit number duplications, but I'll look again at your suggestion.

Thanks for the feedback. You can assume as long as I'm playing D3, I'll come up with ideas that I just have to try out and as a result Mytheology will keep growing. Right now I'm trying to come up with the best way to implement a Tiamat super pretender, and am still playing around with new unique artifact ideas.

I do, of course, always welcome ideas.

DaveCG April 2nd, 2009 03:29 AM

Sounds cool, and I've tried your map and it's really nice, I love the hand drawn look about it.

Anyway, like I said I've really enjoyed the work you've put into this and all that jazz.

Psientist April 2nd, 2009 03:27 PM

DaveCG: you were absolutely right. I had the unit numbers straightened out in the spreadsheet, but those two units didn't get completely untangled in the modfile. A fixed version of the Mytheology Mod has been uploaded (3.05).

Thanks!

DaveCG April 3rd, 2009 07:42 AM

No problem at all, I'm just really OCD about some things :)

Redeyes April 20th, 2009 03:02 PM

Is Jack of Shadows meant to have Dark Power 100?
It just seems a bit excessive, one-hitting a dragon with every attack just because someone put the light out ;)

The Monkey King seems to be lacking his staff, further, I got the no-monster centurion when summoning allies with him.

Ubbo-Sathla also seems to be lacking a weapon, though he has a "acid stream" attack

Gandalf Parker April 21st, 2009 11:44 AM

As part of the conversation about "any love of Machaka" I started a test game with the Empress of Assassins pretender you gave them.

A) I LOVE that it allows one of my favorite modes of play. An assassin which drops units to test the provinces defenses after each assassination.

B) the description of the Empress didnt mention that she drew creatures.

C) the dropped unit however seems overdone. Assassin Mother is cool but I dont see a way that it being assassin is of any use. Assassin doesnt serve much purpose on follower units.

Suggestion:
a slightly smaller drop-unit and if you want to replace the assassin with something useful then make the drop-unit berserk or in some way unable to rout. That way it is a better test of province strength. The description could be something about fanatical spider children determined to guard the queen at all costs.

Gandalf Parker
--
My favorite mods to play with are:

Streamers and Standards, Worthy Heroes, Mytheology, Magic Site Mod, SingleAge
and of course SemiRandom
any other suggestions?

Gregstrom May 11th, 2009 02:40 PM

Bad news Psientist - I found a bug. I was trying to cast Revelation (not monthly casting), and the game crashed with a 'Nagot gick fel! kv:bad spell mt0' (IIRC).

Sadly, I don't know what this means. I was using the spell with Antilarium, Magic Sites mod and CPCS also enabled, but I'm not sure whether this would cause a conflict.

Any ideas anyone?

Attle May 11th, 2009 02:52 PM

Got the latest patch? I got a similar error due to not having the latest patch.
Also, awesome mod Psi. Jack of Shadows is sweet! =D

Burnsaber May 11th, 2009 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregstrom (Post 690332)
Bad news Psientist - I found a bug. I was trying to cast Revelation (not monthly casting), and the game crashed with a 'Nagot gick fel! kv:bad spell mt0' (IIRC).

Sadly, I don't know what this means. I was using the spell with Antilarium, Magic Sites mod and CPCS also enabled, but I'm not sure whether this would cause a conflict.

Any ideas anyone?

Don't know. At least I've had troubles with making holy rituals work, that's why there's none in Holy War, they always crashed the game for me in testing, with that same messsage.

Alpine Joe May 18th, 2009 08:25 PM

I'm looking at the desire pretender for MA man, and while the description says she is skilled in water, nature and blood magic, she comes with only blood magic built in and a very high additional path cost. Was this intentional?

Arcturas May 26th, 2009 10:06 PM

Quick question; is Mytheology compatible with CBM? Thanks.

Attle May 27th, 2009 03:36 AM

It is.

name thief September 4th, 2009 07:54 PM

How do I download this mod? I am also interested in downloading the CBM mod but I have no clue where to download it from.
Thank you. :banana:

Burnsaber September 5th, 2009 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by name thief (Post 708830)
How do I download this mod? I am also interested in downloading the CBM mod but I have no clue where to download it from.
Thank you. :banana:

There is a link in the first post for the download, just look closely.

name thief September 5th, 2009 01:22 PM

I did see the link, but I do not know where to download it to.
:banana:

Burnsaber September 5th, 2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by name thief (Post 708954)
I did see the link, but I do not know where to download it to.

This link should anwser your questions.

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showt...738#post693738

name thief September 11th, 2009 07:10 PM

When I attempt the download the file is either invalid, or corupted.

Gandalf Parker March 18th, 2010 02:28 AM

I was asked to look at this internally to fix a problem. They wanted the Revelation spell deleted because it was causing problems.

Im not much of a modder but in looking at it I did notice something. In two lines of that spell a command was remarked out in a way which has been reported as causing problems.
#command
should be commented out by changing it to
--command
not by making it
--#command
since apparently the parser will still see the # and treat that as a command.
Im not sure if thats the problem. Maybe I will get around to kindof testing it abit.

Gregstrom March 18th, 2010 03:39 AM

IIRC, the problem may be something to do with Revelation being a ritual with Holy as its primary (and only) requirement.

Burnsaber March 18th, 2010 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregstrom (Post 736044)
IIRC, the problem may be something to do with Revelation being a ritual with Holy as its primary (and only) requirement.

Yeah, rituals that have holy as primary path will crash the game upon casting. They worked once actually (as long as you didn't monthly cast them with ctrl-M), but some of the recent patches broke them completely.

This mod has a lot of other experimental stuff that is likely to be broken or at least act in a somewhat buggy way. It could use some "cleaning up", IMHO.

Stavis_L March 18th, 2010 08:50 AM

The first post's download link is no longer valid, BTW, so unless someone decides to host it elsewhere (as Psientist hasn't been around the boards for a while, it seems; last activity date of 7-11-09 according to his profile) it's probably a dead mod. :(

Gandalf Parker March 18th, 2010 09:33 AM

Has this problem been tried in other mods?

There are two lines I would fix by removing the #
--#school 5
--#spec 276824064

They apparently caused a problem and were meant to be removed. But from comments in other threads it seems that the game might be parsing them anyway because they werent rem'd out properly