.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: New Noob Game/Inexperienced. EA - NOOBAPHOBIA Filled (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=48274)

mattyburn7 January 25th, 2012 10:02 PM

MP: New Noob Game/Inexperienced. EA - NOOBAPHOBIA Filled

Cheers,
Got my first taste of MP action this week and want to organize an EA game for Noobs or inexerpienced MP players. This is my first attempt at organizing so bear with me and any questions/advice appreciated.

Game parameters:
Players: 10 (if we get a lot more interest, perhaps we'll welcome and switch to larger map)

Map: Plane of Rusty Nails v4
ERA: EA
Mods: CBM 1.92
Magic site freq: 50
Renaming On
Graph On
Hall of Fame 15
Everything else set as default
Turn length: Initially 30h/turn. Will expand in later game
Diplomacy: Anything goes
Winner: Last man, woman or beast standing or on agreement of remaining survivors.
Game exploits are forbidden (Bogus orders, Troops blocking, lab filling and the recruitment of 0g Ettin)

Planning on hosting the Game on llamaserver

First in gets their pick of Nation. I'm going with Sauromatia

Looking forward!

mattyburn7 - Sauromatia
revenant2 - Ermor
Flop - Tien Ch'i
Holeydooley - Ulm
Iron Duke - Mictlan
Szumo - C'tis
curtadams - Hellheim
Keithz - Yomi
Torgon - Fomoria
DarkAvenger211 - Hinnom

revenant2 January 25th, 2012 10:26 PM

Re: MP: New Noob Game. EA - NOOBAPHOBIA

Thanks for setting this up.

I'd love to crack some skulls with Ermor. Sign me up :)

Szumo January 26th, 2012 05:20 AM

What's your criteria for "inexperienced"? :)

Flop January 26th, 2012 07:29 AM

I would like to play, please. I'd prefer Tien Ch'i, if possible.

I've only played one other mp game (also as Tien Ch'i), and was killed off rather early. I never missed a turn, though.

I know what two of the exploits you mention are, but could you please explain troops blocking and recruitment of 0g Ettin? Mainly out of curiosity, I suppose, but I'd hate to inadvertently use one of them.

edit: also, is there a list of crafting and spell requirements available, for CBM 1.92? I kind of screwed up my crafting strategy in my last game, by going by the vanilla requirements.

mattyburn7 January 26th, 2012 09:52 AM

Flop: Got you in for Tien Ch'i.
Re Ettin: There is a site that allows you to recruit them for 0 gold and 1 resource. Its a bug.
For Troop blocking:
If you send a scout against an army there is a 50% chance the scout block the entire army.
This move is forbidden. (i say scout but it can be a commander, a diseased mage ...)

Unfortunately I don't have a list for CBM 1.92. I'm not sure if one exists. If I come across anything I'll add a link in this thread. I'll see what I can dig up.

mattyburn7 January 26th, 2012 09:53 AM

Good Question Szumo. I don't have a hard rule on that. I'm thinking Noob or a handful of MP games max. However use your best judgment. If you feel like you've got enough experience that playing with MP noobs will be like playing the AI, then probably shouldn't join. Otherwise. Welcome aboard!

Flop January 26th, 2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattyburn7 (Post 793322)
Flop: Got you in for Tien Ch'i.
Re Ettin: There is a site that allows you to recruit them for 0 gold and 1 resource. Its a bug.
For Troop blocking:
If you send a scout against an army there is a 50% chance the scout block the entire army.
This move is forbidden. (i say scout but it can be a commander, a diseased mage ...)

Unfortunately I don't have a list for CBM 1.92. I'm not sure if one exists. If I come across anything I'll add a link in this thread. I'll see what I can dig up.

Alright, so just to be clear, it's not allowed to attack any province with a single character? Or is it just any province with an army in it?

Also, I just noticed that the CBM 1.92 mod actually comes with a pdf forging reference, which should prove immensely helpful. The spell reference isn't nearly as important, since that information is available in-game.

mattyburn7 January 26th, 2012 01:48 PM

I would say attacking an army with a single character with the sole attempt of blocking it as an exploit.

Thanks for the info on CBM!

HoleyDooley January 26th, 2012 07:05 PM

Re: MP: New Noob Game. EA - NOOBAPHOBIA 7/10 Players Remaining

Ulm please.

Iron Duke January 28th, 2012 06:28 AM

Re: MP: New Noob Game. EA - NOOBAPHOBIA 6/10 Players Remaining

I'm in, will decide on a nation soon.