.com.unity Forums

.com.unity Forums (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/index.php)
-   Multiplayer and AARs (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   MP: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Corinthian wins! (http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=49304)

Ossa November 24th, 2012 07:45 AM

Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Will send Abaddon this evening.

WraithLord November 24th, 2012 03:44 PM

Nations joined so far:
Skavenblight
Jotunheim
Itza
Altdorf
Sylvania
Nehekhara
Ogre Kingdom
Bretonnia
Bandar Log
Ermor

Three more and we're a go :)

WraithLord November 25th, 2012 04:53 AM

Executor November 25th, 2012 08:41 AM

Karaz-a-Karak!

WraithLord November 25th, 2012 10:14 AM

GFSnl November 25th, 2012 03:43 PM

Everyone is in. Pull the trigger.

Good game all!

WraithLord November 25th, 2012 03:50 PM

Go!

Gl All :)

Corinthian November 29th, 2012 12:10 PM

Soo. I take it we did not use my idea of manually placing starting positions on the map? Because I do *NOT* envy the guy who have to pick a year 1 war with Executor in a couple of turns due to a terribad starting position and having no other choice.

Anyway, whoever started in the south west or the south east corner better identify themselves now so that we can HATE YOU FOREVER!

Jolly Roger December 1st, 2012 12:51 PM

URGENT !!

Something must be messed up, I don´t receive any turns anymore !!
In case Corinthian wouldn´t have contacted me, I won´t have realized that issue. Please crosscheck and postpone turn if necessary. I´ve asked for resending the turn two times already.
I´ll send my email address by PM your way again.

Thanks, Klaus

WraithLord December 1st, 2012 01:17 PM

Your nation has no stales. So someone is sending the turns.
Can you tell which turns you did receive?
I got your PM and will manually set your email address .

Jolly Roger December 1st, 2012 03:44 PM

So far I received all turns.
The last turn I sent was turn 6.
For uncertain reasons I didn´t receive turn 7, even after
using the resend option.

Very strange.

Thanks for you help,

Klaus

Executor December 1st, 2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corinthian (Post 814720)
Soo. I take it we did not use my idea of manually placing starting positions on the map? Because I do *NOT* envy the guy who have to pick a year 1 war with Executor in a couple of turns due to a terribad starting position and having no other choice.

Anyway, whoever started in the south west or the south east corner better identify themselves now so that we can HATE YOU FOREVER!

That's some quick scouting there Cor! How the heck did you run into my neighbor before even I did, especially given his start position?

Corinthian December 2nd, 2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 814881)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corinthian (Post 814720)

That's some quick scouting there Cor! How the heck did you run into my neighbor before even I did, especially given his start position?

You of all people should know the power of Ermorian Theurgs, Executor! They can speak with the dead and have even developed an artifact known as the "Score Graph"! If you chant the right words and cross your eyes just so, it can reveal all manner of exotic information. (Hint: There is only one Fountain of Rubies on this map.)

Good luck with that Stegadon invasion you have going on there. That should be some bumfight. Normally I'd say that tramplers would have an advantage vs heavy infantry. But just about every troop type that Itza got is coldblooded and the dwarves like their dominion cold. Also we are heading for winter. The dwarves should have problem invading Itza and Itza should have problems invading the dwarves. But they must fight. THEY MUST!

As for how I knew the two of were there, I will give you another hint: (Look closely at your capitol. You have a very special capitol.)

starcryst December 2nd, 2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corinthian (Post 814905)

Good luck with that Stegadon invasion you have going on there. That should be some bumfight. Normally I'd say that tramplers would have an advantage vs heavy infantry. But just about every troop type that Itza got is coldblooded and the dwarves like their dominion cold. Also we are heading for winter. The dwarves should have problem invading Itza and Itza should have problems invading the dwarves. But they must fight. THEY MUST!

Bah, We lizards have no quarrel with our Dwarven neighbors. It's all hot and steamy up here and one thing we know dwarves aren't, is hot and steamy! And Dwarves don't taste good either. We will stay in our swamps if they stay in their caverns.

Executor December 2nd, 2012 11:01 AM

Hmmm. I disregarded crowns as capitals as they made no sense. One half of the map seems to be practically inhabited by only two nations. WL, you seriously need to start paying attention to this in larger games. It's no fun getting in turn 6 wars all the time.

Well on the upside we the dwarfs are not in war with Itza if you're curious, and I'm really glad I used the expansion strategy that I did.
On the downside I am facing tramplers and it seems like you're my second neighbor, eh?

starcryst December 2nd, 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 814916)
Hmmm. I disregarded crowns as capitals as they made no sense. One half of the map seems to be practically inhabited by only two nations. WL, you seriously need to start paying attention to this in larger games. It's no fun getting in turn 6 wars all the time.

Well on the upside we the dwarfs are not in war with Itza if you're curious, and I'm really glad I used the expansion strategy that I did.
On the downside I am facing tramplers and it seems like you're my second neighbor, eh?

We are peaceful lizards. We just want to bathe in the sun all day and eat small pigs smothered in tobasco sauce.

I second the point about the starting positions though. Pretty crowded up here.

WraithLord December 2nd, 2012 11:24 AM

Well, the issue was raised before the game started by Corinthian. If I were a capable cartographer I'd have set fixed start points. Seeing as I'm not and none stepped up or even commented on this we went ahead w/ what is.

For the record I met first nation on turn 5 (IIRC).

Executor December 6th, 2012 08:32 AM

Hmph! God damn you Jolly Roger...

WL, like I said after YARG, feel free to PM me with such requests. I could have done it here had I paid attention of the thread. It's a relatively quick job.

WraithLord December 6th, 2012 09:15 AM

Oh, I took into account your generous offer for YARG5. I didn't want to ask you another time.
Next time, I will :)

Thank you!

Jolly Roger December 6th, 2012 01:08 PM

Executor.

Please let me know, why you condemned me ?
Don´t use gods name for such issues.

Regards, Klaus

Executor December 7th, 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Roger (Post 815087)
Executor.

Please let me know, why you condemned me ?
Don´t use gods name for such issues.

Regards, Klaus

Seriously? Well I guess not everyone is as blasphemous as me.
Don't be stealing my mercs when I'm invading monkey capital!

Jolly Roger December 7th, 2012 10:15 AM

LOL !

You should pay more ! :D

Good luck, Klaus

ghoul31 December 8th, 2012 08:21 AM

I'm glad I'm done with this game. Worst starting positions in the history of Dominions

Corinthian December 9th, 2012 06:20 AM

Umm, guys? Breton just got his fourth fort. You people down south do have a plan for how to deal with him right?

Executor December 9th, 2012 06:25 AM

What people down south!? :D

Corinthian December 9th, 2012 06:26 AM

Umm, guys? Breton just got his fourth fort. You people down south do have a plan for how to deal with him right?

Executor December 9th, 2012 06:27 AM

Say it again, say it again!

Corinthian December 9th, 2012 09:43 AM

Stalling is not the answer!

Executor December 9th, 2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corinthian (Post 815201)
Stalin is the answer!

http://cdn.counter-currents.com/wp-c...in_victory.jpg

Corinthian December 9th, 2012 01:39 PM

But I though he retired from Dominions MP:confused:

Did he change nick? Is it starcryst?

I'm warning you starcryst! On this forum we hate people who are secretly stallin!

don_Pablo December 10th, 2012 10:51 AM

Lands of Bretonnia border with Skaven, Chaos and vampires (Sylvania).
Due to WH background we found them not suitable for diplomatic negotiations.

So we'll keep our duties and meet all the invaders in a proper manner.

WraithLord December 10th, 2012 01:21 PM

Hmm, the only ppl down south would be Bretonn, unless you consider Pyth's Hydras to be human.

It would seem like tooth and claw will soon meet steel swords and shields in the jolly south ;)

Amhazair December 10th, 2012 03:04 PM

* Don't we have a :fistshake: smiley? I need a :fistshake: smiley. A seriously red one to denote the full feelings of fistchakeyness. * So:

:fistshake: stupid random useless pieces of @#@!! Ythee Shamen without any useful paths!!! :fistshake:

That's the second time I pull my precious pretender whose research output is still larger than the rest of my ridiculously illiterate mage force put together away from researching and spend 11 irreplacable (untill I get a non useless piece of @#@!! Ythee Shaman who can find more) nature gems to get myself a glorified walking skull mentor. (with less friggin research output than a proper one I might add. :fistshake: again.)

/rant

Nothing properly useful to say otherwise, so carry on.

Executor December 10th, 2012 03:35 PM

Sodding orges, always incomprehensibly blabbering on and on. Shut up or we'll wash our axes in yer blood!:mad:

WraithLord December 17th, 2012 04:08 PM

Dear southern kings. As you may well know, Chaos is invaded and nearly overrun by Bretonnia.
I couldn't allow Bretonnia to have an easy conquest, seeing as powerful as it already is. So, I intervened.
Now, my nation is being overrun and it's clear I don't have much left. Bretonnia army is way superior to what I can field.

So, I promise to do my best to resist Bretonnia but you better act fast if you don't want to later be gobbled up one by one at Bretonnia's leisure.

Jolly Roger December 17th, 2012 06:22 PM

Hi Wraith Lord,

I´ll be on vacation, leave on the 18th and will be back on the 22nd of December. Would be great if you could postpone the upcoming turn until I´m back.

Thanks, Klaus

Corinthian December 17th, 2012 08:02 PM

Well I imagine that a lot of people goes on vacation and travel at this time of year. We could just put the timer on 300 hours or so. That way the turn will resolve only when everyone have found the time to get one in. And if you have holiday issues to take care of then no problem.

don_Pablo December 17th, 2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WraithLord (Post 815446)
Dear southern kings. As you may well know, Chaos is invaded and nearly overrun by Bretonnia.
I couldn't allow Bretonnia to have an easy conquest, seeing as powerful as it already is.

Rats are mistaken and misleading the rest.
Bretonnia has no conquered provinces in the lands of Chaos.
Bretonnia has no border with Chaos no longer.

The fame of Chaos's defeat will belong to Jotunheim. :up:

Executor December 17th, 2012 09:40 PM

Hum, and here we were thinking that Chaos was in war with Sylvania.

Matters not, all you rotten surface dwellers stay out of Dwarven lands or you'll soon find yourselves carved to look like a bunch of bickering lassies that you all are!

WraithLord December 18th, 2012 04:06 AM

@Jolly Roger Hosting postponed for HouseOfChains by 96 hours. The game will now host at 14:57 GMT on Sunday December 23rd.

@don_Pablo, well played. I'll follow your progress in this game. At least in the south.
Enjoy your rat hunting, I'll try to make it as hard on you as possible :)

Teraswaerto December 18th, 2012 04:35 AM

It is true. Chaos, a figurative stain on this world is on it's way to becoming an actual stain at the bottom of a giant's boot. Much better for everyone really.

Why do you fear Bretonnia so? We find the Ladies of the Lake most appealing.

WraithLord December 18th, 2012 04:45 AM

Yes. It is now clear that you are aiding Bretonnia. It wasn't clear before since your messages told a different tale.

Instead of helping Chaos stand up to the leader you chose to help the leader. Not a choice I'd make.

Teraswaerto December 18th, 2012 05:07 AM

We made no promises one way or the other. As for whose choice was the right one, I guess we'll just have to see.

WraithLord December 18th, 2012 06:10 AM

Your msgs were misleading, but sure you made no promises.
Are you a lawyer btw? ;)

Oh and I don't pretend to know the "right choice", only that I'd always prefer to help the underdog. Math is simple, don't let the alpha dog win.

Amhazair December 18th, 2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Executor (Post 815468)
Matters not, all you rotten surface dwellers stay out of Dwarven lands

Does this slip of the tongue mean there's a secret unholy alliance between the supposedly stalwart Dwarfs, and the chittering, but equally bottom-dwelling (and bottom-feeding?) Skaven? Intriguing...

Executor December 19th, 2012 06:59 AM

Keep silent or we'll reduce you to silence Orge!
We Dwarves make holy alliances only where the are full coffers to be found.
Though we will gladly accept every trinket and tidbit from Skaven, umm, for safekeeping, yes.

Amhazair December 20th, 2012 08:57 AM

Sorry for the delay, I read about the extension and kinda switched off mentally. I had my turn mostly played too except for the finetuning. It's a disease I tell you. I need help! :)

Turn is in now.

Ossa December 23rd, 2012 07:20 PM

Hweee have hwon a battle!

Teraswaerto December 24th, 2012 02:54 AM

Turns out furs are somewhat flammable. Wouldn't get too excited about that just yet.

Amhazair December 24th, 2012 08:50 AM

Not a surprising request I imagine, but could we add a couple of days to the timer? I think I won't manage to play my turn before leaving for my parants this evening.